Sign in to follow this  
RIP Wee Jum

Tony Blackburn

Pick of the Pops now has the sound of something that's distinctly shit. :(

• Like 1

At least the tired old format of Pick Of The Pops is dead, no thanks to decrepit producer Phil Swern restricting the years featured.

I think he only bothered with/featured one POTP chart after 1994 while Tony Blackburn hosted it.

Tony has a couple of other shows down south (Kent & Berkshire I think), so he's not hanging up his headphones just yet.

That's because most music after 1994 is ear-shite. Actually most music after about 1986 is fucking bollocks.
Most music after 1906 is fucking bollocks. I blame the N-words.

Tempus. You're heading for a warning. 'Non whites' is the correct response.

I'm not politically correct. I very much hope the era of having to be careful what you say (lest you offend someone or someone takes offence on behalf of others) is coming to an end.

Free speech should be an absolute, including incitement to violence.

This isn't about political correctness it's about basic levels of respect to people of a different skin colour.

No, it's about freedom of speech, the word N-word should not be censored, nor should; Paki, nig nog, jungle bunny, coon, kaffir, spick, chink, kike, etc...

They shouldn't really be used though, given that there is far less emotive terminology for all of them. You seem to be using these terms purely to make a point about free speech without consideration for emotional and historical connections, which makes you a quite vile person.

Its utterly shocking, nearly as shocking as hearing a 5yr old shout out the word 'fuck' in the middle of Tescos.

Nice to see a legendary DL pro coming out of retirement, although id still have to go for Dr Z finishing it in the 3rd round.

A five year old using the word fuck is not very shocking round my neck of the woods. Anybody using the n word would be met with gasps of shock. They might get away with chink and depending on the company paki or calling anyone from asia a jap. I've just how ridiculous this arbitrary societal lines are..

My betting is Dr Z has stopped posting because he remembered his Tempus Fugit password

At least the tired old format of Pick Of The Pops is dead, no thanks to decrepit producer Phil Swern restricting the years featured.

I think he only bothered with/featured one POTP chart after 1994 while Tony Blackburn hosted it.

Tony has a couple of other shows down south (Kent & Berkshire I think), so he's not hanging up his headphones just yet.

That's because most music after 1994 is ear-shite. Actually most music after about 1986 is fucking bollocks.

I'm not politically correct. I very much hope the era of having to be careful what you say (lest you offend someone or someone takes offence on behalf of others) is coming to an end.

This isn't about political correctness it's about basic levels of respect to people of a different skin colour.

No, it's about freedom of speech, the word N-word should not be censored, nor should; Paki, nig nog, jungle bunny, coon, kaffir, spick, chink, kike, etc...

They shouldn't really be used though, given that there is far less emotive terminology for all of them. You seem to be using these terms purely to make a point about free speech without consideration for emotional and historical connections, which makes you a quite vile person.

Its utterly shocking, nearly as shocking as hearing a 5yr old shout out the word 'fuck' in the middle of Tescos.

Nice to see a legendary DL pro coming out of retirement, although id still have to go for Dr Z finishing it in the 3rd round.

A five year old using the word fuck is not very shocking round my neck of the woods. Anybody using the n word would be met with gasps of shock. They might get away with chink and depending on the company paki or calling anyone from asia a jap. I've just how ridiculous this arbitrary societal lines are..

My betting is Dr Z has stopped posting because he remembered his Tempus Fugit password

Impossible!!!!!!!!

Tempus is NOT Z as he is far more intelligent.

I do apologise for turning dear old Tony Blackburn's thread into a quagmire of ethnic slurs.

Maybe a passing mod/admin could move the posts concerned to the Drunk? Bored?? Psycopath??? thread, where they would sit more comfortably.

Maybe a passing mod/admin could move the posts concerned to the Drunk? Bored?? Psycopath??? thread, where they would sit more comfortably.

.. as long as it's not a black chair ?

Aye, but if we can just fucking calm down here...is Tempus implying black people only started making music after 1906?

In any case, couldn't he just, like, post us a playlist of white music made up to 1906 and let us decide?

Beethoven was so deaf he thought he was black. He was the Stevie Wonder of the 19th century !

In other news I found myself feeling some sympathy for poor old Tony B this morning; his "the Beeb hung me out to dry" argument had a ring of truth about it.

Tbh he's the anti-John Peel and - therefore - a figure I've never admired, but he seems to have a fairly strong point on this argument; and his lawyers may yet get him back a la Gambo.

BnlzkhU.jpg

• Like 3

Did they broadcast Pick of the Pops on Saturday?

As far as I am aware they did

Guest tonyblackburnisapaedo

No doubt he will conveniently die just as the police investigation begins

They did, but it wasn't Blackburn hosting the show. Don't know who it was, but it was shit.

• Like 1

They did, but it wasn't Blackburn hosting the show. Don't know who it was, but it was shit.

It was Mark Goodyer (sp) who sounded like he was struggling to find a personality.

He was fucking awful.

I love POTPs, IF Tony isn't coming back then,FFS, give us somebody we can warm to.

It was Mark Goodyer (sp) who sounded like he was struggling to find a personality.

He was fucking awful.

I love POTPs, IF Tony isn't coming back then,FFS, give us somebody we can warm to.

Where's Dale Winton, that's what I want to know.

He was fucking awful.

Probably having more colonic irrigation.

He used to do POTPs so he could do it again!

I have sympathy with Tony, the problem lies with the Governors of the BBC they take the money but none of the responsibility. The situation of PR over HR should not occur as it is dangerous. The management will try to avoid a scandal or bury it, Look for example at the Bradford and Bingley privatisation, the Government will not answer questions and neither will the investigative BBC because it's not. The general level of the BBC has descended to a condescending purile commentary on life, all you need to do is listen or read the current content.

• Like 1

I have the 2015 R&B music top 40 downloaded on Deezer if you listen to the lyrics there should be no complaints from anyone who uses who uses this language, where were the white people at the MOBOs given the uproar at the Oscars perhaps they were listening to rap music.

• Like 1

He was fucking awful.

Probably having more colonic irrigation.

He used to do POTPs so he could do it again!

More colonic irrigation as a result of going too wild in the aisles ! He does like a bit of brown does our Dale. :huh:

Maybe they should find out what Garry Davies is doing these days.

But absolutely not Peter Powell.

Ah yes, Gary Davies ! I did enjoy his bit in the middle during the late 1980s, though he's still in his late '50s with no health concerns, then there's R1 stalwart Annie Nightingale who is still cranking up her '78s and doing the festivals & Ibiza.. she must be in her nineties but still raving like a deranged moon-monkey whilst poppin' the cod liver oil & lucozade ? :eshock:

• Like 1

As regards being racially offensive, having been asked to study the work of Kanye West for a publicity display I think I'm now better versed to offer an opinion to the course of the thread of late. The N work has been thrown around far too much without consideration. Within the developed western world the ratio of African descended people are a minority due to the historic nature of the slave trade. They ask each other, and sometimes white skinned people for support and fair treatment. They often get none. A cause of angst that no one should overlook and be blind to. Instead we should all be colour blind to our skin colours. Take people as you find them. Never prejudge people no matter the likely historical background they most probably had. And look to help each other when we can.

Also the N word can be fairly used by anyone who understands the inequities and the desire to overcome engrained positions.

Not only that but also maybe how the N word is to better spelt as "nigga" (with a lowercase "n" ending in an "a" rather than "er") for common use to remove old context and look to a brighter future together. Black people can use it between themselves and white people who are confident of helping can hope to use it to.

Paul Gambaccini has got the Pick of the Pops gig.

Who will probably raise the level of music journalism. Good call

Good, Mark Bigear's voice irritates me.

Aye, gotta feel for Bannockburn, mind. His addiction to sex with fully grown women back in the day probs meant he's always been an outcast amongst his peers, explaining why they've not exactly fallen over themselves to support him.

• Like 1