Sign in to follow this  
Sir Creep

Enough With The 1800S Already

Ok it's time to bid a fond adieu to the 1800s. Let the sweeps begin on our two holdouts: Susannah Mushatt Jones and Emma Morano. And seeing as I got this thing started, I'll go first.

I've been banking on Morano dying before Jones all year, so let's continue that bullheadedness.

Emma Morano - July 12, 2016

Susannah Jones - January 13, 2017

Sir Creep

• Like 1

Susannah Mushatt Jones :21st August 2016

Emma Morano:30th January 2018

I don't think anyone from that century will see 2017

SMJ - 12 Sept 2016

EM - 1 Nov 2016

Both of them on the same day. Going out with a bang. 5th of November 2016.

• Like 2

1900 was still in the 19th century

• Like 4

Susannah: July 26, 2016

Emma: February 12, 2017

Also, 1900 is the 20th century, not 19th.

Yeah, yeah, I know there was no Year 0.

But don't you think the switch from starting with 18 to 19 is more significant?

December 31, 2000 may have been the real last day of the millennium, but don't you think December 31, 1999 and switching to years starting with 2 was more significant?

MPFC only said 'that' Century. It's a perfectly correct comment. No one said anything about 19th or any other specific century but you.

SC

What exactly will be the use of this thread when they die? I see it closed in few months....You could've just post this in World's Oldest thread.

• Like 2

MPFC only said 'that' Century. It's a perfectly correct comment. No one said anything about 19th or any other specific century but you.

SC

I never said the MPFC's comment was wrong. He voiced his opinion, anyway. If he didn't think anyone from the 20th century would see 2017, he would still be entitled to think that.

Susannah: July 26, 2016

Emma: February 12, 2017

Also, 1900 is the 20th century, not 19th.

Yeah, yeah, I know there was no Year 0.

But don't you think the switch from starting with 18 to 19 is more significant?

December 31, 2000 may have been the real last day of the millennium, but don't you think December 31, 1999 and switching to years starting with 2 was more significant?

So how many years were there in the 1st century?

SC

Aye, and - more to the point - the last death of a person born in a year starting with 18 will be world wide news; less so the final death of a 1900 birth

• Like 2

As I mentioned in the "World's Oldest" thread, I am going for the long shot that they will both reach 2017. After all, they have made it this far...

After that, Susannah to go first.

Looks like you made this at the right time, Susannah Mushatt Jones has just died, May 12th.

Very prescient thread creation Sir Creep :hatsoff:

Shame you then lost your prophetic status with a shit guess as to when they would die!

• Like 1

Looks like you made this at the right time, Susannah Mushatt Jones has just died, May 12th.

ONE 1800s to go, that'll be bigg(ish) news as and when

Huh. Didn't 'spect it so quick. Points for Shaun's pool for me (198 at that) but nothing else.

• Like 1

Wonder if Ms Morano will now do a Harry Patch and go within a week.

• Like 1

Wow well I guess Susannah just needed some prodding. Glad I could oblige. RIP ma'am you had a great run and almost a full year as oldest person.

SC

Man, the final 2 was always fascinating to witness. The ultimate competition: Europe vs America, white vs black, who would win the battle? This is a historical moment for Emma Morano-Martinuzzi. Just think about it, out of all those 1800s people that we all read about in history books, Thomas Edison, Edgar Allen Poe, Florence Nightingale, Albert Einstein, Charlie Chaplin, Queen Victoria, Adolf Hitler, Alexander Graham Bell, etc. Emma is the ONLY human being who is still living and breathing, wow.

But this also puts extreme pressure on her to not screw this enormous legacy up by dying. Of course, death is probably inevitable, but she should try with all her might to postpone it as much as possible. She owes it for the sake of all the billions of people that came and went between 1800 and 1899. I'm not sure about animals though, because I have no idea whether there are any obscure living microorganisms, Galapagosian turtles or whatever older than Emma.

Man, the final 2 was always fascinating to witness. The ultimate competition: Europe vs America, white vs black, who would win the battle? This is a historical moment for Emma Morano-Martinuzzi. Just think about it, out of all those 1800s people that we all read about in history books, Thomas Edison, Edgar Allen Poe, Florence Nightingale, Albert Einstein, Charlie Chaplin, Queen Victoria, Adolf Hitler, Alexander Graham Bell,

Am I the only one who thought this would go on to say "Your boys took a hell of a beating" :evil2:

• Like 2

Man, the final 2 was always fascinating to witness. The ultimate competition: Europe vs America, white vs black, who would win the battle? This is a historical moment for Emma Morano-Martinuzzi. Just think about it, out of all those 1800s people that we all read about in history books, Thomas Edison, Edgar Allen Poe, Florence Nightingale, Albert Einstein, Charlie Chaplin, Queen Victoria, Adolf Hitler, Alexander Graham Bell, etc. Emma is the ONLY human being who is still living and breathing, wow.

But this also puts extreme pressure on her to not screw this enormous legacy up by dying. Of course, death is probably inevitable, but she should try with all her might to postpone it as much as possible. She owes it for the sake of all the billions of people that came and went between 1800 and 1899. I'm not sure about animals though, because I have no idea whether there are any obscure living microorganisms, Galapagosian turtles or whatever older than Emma.

Predictor, How did you get the news of Madeleine Lebeau's death? It it still unclear whether she's dead or not

• Like 1

We Italians always win! We even won two World Wars, the second one betraying our allies in 1943 and then doing nothing till the end! Now we have the oldest person alive till we will betray her to win another war!

• Like 1

Yawwwwwn well another hit for my shadow list yawwwwn.... No 16. You people are witness to something far more special than some bint what is lucky enough to be the last person representing her century.

SC

About this "probably inevitable" quality in death - do you know summat the rest of us dead poolers don't?

• Like 3

Just looked her up yesterday on the Wiki, then went on today finding out she died.

Damn.

at least that is my fourth hit of this year