On 6/28/2017 at 01:24, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Summary of the USA:  https://off-guardian.org/2017/06/25/on-the-nature-of-the-us-and-american-foreign-policy/

fairly good apart from Sep 11 conspiracy stuff.  Comments section worth reading too.  Don't know if you can trace consumerism back to 1700s either.  

How much advice is Donald Trump, if any, taking from Henry Kissinger and Associates? We live in interesting times.

11 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

This is from an Aus admiral, so it could very well be alarmist just as a ploy to seek more budget funding but...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-14/sleepwalking-to-world-war-three-stan-grant/8710390

I have long pondered why the Chinese haven't just taken Australia since it is very under-populated and already over 10-20% Asian due to immigration. Would the world go to war to save them? (Nope.)

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

I have long pondered why the Chinese haven't just taken Australia since it is very under-populated and already over 10-20% Asian due to immigration. Would the world go to war to save them? (Nope.)

This post was brought to you by the Society for Causing Davey Jones Locker Nightmares.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, msc said:

This post was brought to you by the Society for Causing Davey Jones Locker Nightmares.

LOL. Hardly. No need for anyone to invade - nothing here apart from iron, coal and uranium which we sell cheaply enough to anyone interested in buying. Invasion would be more expensive. Not going to happen.

Heard it last week that it should be termed WWC as in "cyber" as that is where it will be won.

21 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

LOL. Hardly. No need for anyone to invade - nothing here apart from iron, coal and uranium which we sell cheaply enough to anyone interested in buying. Invasion would be more expensive. Not going to happen.

Perhaps or perhaps not: Land, lots of land! Kill off or at least remove the European population. Room for expansion and settlement. Coastline where the ocean currents can make electricity. Solar energy. Good climate. One never knows.

On 7/16/2017 at 13:17, theoldlady said:

Perhaps or perhaps not: Land, lots of land! Kill off or at least remove the European population. Room for expansion and settlement. Coastline where the ocean currents can make electricity. Solar energy. Good climate. One never knows.

Big fucking bugs that are probably capable of defeating the US 1st Army. They're safe.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

Big fucking bugs that are probably capable of defeating the US 1st Army. They're safe.

True! Just like Texas! My parents were in Texas, oil workers, in the 1950s - largest strange bugs they ever saw! Nothing like Norway anyway. 

That's nothing. At our wedding, you should have seen the size of some of the pests bugging their way around the receptio... No, wait, sorry, that was the in-laws.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, theoldlady said:

True! Just like Texas! My parents were in Texas, oil workers, in the 1950s - largest strange bugs they ever saw! Nothing like Norway anyway. 

I regularly have large bugs strolling through my house like they own the place. I run screaming and my nephew takes care of them. Not sure what I'm gonna go when he graduates from college next year. 

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 03:07, CarolAnn said:

I regularly have large bugs strolling through my house like they own the place. I run screaming and my nephew takes care of them. Not sure what I'm gonna go when he graduates from college next year. 

Also the Lightening Storms are very dramatic. My parents thought they were beautiful and would stand by the windows and watch them - neighbors thought they were nuts!

4 hours ago, theoldlady said:

Also the Lightening Storms are very dramatic. My parents thought they were beautiful and would stand by the windows and watch them - neighbors thought they were nuts!

A tornado hopped through Fort Worth one year. While I was frantically trying to reach my parents they were outside watching the damn thing. It's a Texas pastime - when I yelled at them they calmly pointed out that I had done the same thing. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

WW3 won't start because of Russia\America\China. It will probably be some random country like Lebanon or the Philippines.

If it even happens...

Just now, Joey Russ said:

If it even happens...

Starting wars is one of the few things I trust humans to do. Only a matter of time :sherlock:

7 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

If it even happens...

I remember when Saddam Hussein was going to start WW3.

Before that it were Castro, Iran, Nasser, etc etc.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, sadgirldreaming93 said:

Starting wars is one of the few things I trust humans to do. Only a matter of time :sherlock:

I do believe that some new war will  start soon to be honest, but it won't be world war 3. Back in the 1930s, the situation was quite different. We were in a worldwide economic crisis, and the Treaty of Versailles was pretty harsh on Germany after World War 1, and I believe those the two factors were the main reason for WW2. Everything that came out of that war was a result of those two factors. I don't think that the right factors are set for a 3rd world war to happen anytime soon. 

Anyways, I'm still pretty young who hope for a world of peace and don't want to die anytime soon, so I might be too optimistic for some people...

So WW2 was triggered by a worldwide financial crisis, and lots of nationalists having a chip on their shoulder? Not quite sure that's as reassuring as you'd like! :P

A "new" war starting depends on perspective of course - British troops have been at war or deployed in battle permanently since WW2! Technically you need to go back to the "splendid isolation" policy of 1897/8 to find a period where they weren't, but they probably were if I had time to think about it.

On 7/30/2017 at 19:15, Joey Russ said:

We were in a worldwide economic crisis, and the Treaty of Versailles was pretty harsh on Germany after World War 1, and I believe those the two factors were the main reason for WW2. Everything that came out of that war was a result of those two factors. 

It was one war with an intermission. 

For the first time in my life I'm actually prepared mentally to see the headline "US launches nuclear weapons" in a newspaper one morning in the next year. Fucking hell.

What do you want Trump to do? Kim Jong is a madman, his country has been starving its population for 70 years, seemingly so that it can one day achieve this kind of destructive power. Erm, which if you think about it is kind of like a much scarier version of how your gran eats nothing but Tesco-value beans so she can afford brandy.

Anyway, how come it isn't the UN's fault, sir, for not dealing with him before he could get hold of 'em? How come it's not Obama's fault?

These "blame Trump" people stink worse than your gran's house after said bean-eating.

I want trump to come over to north Korea and rape kim jong on live TV.