CA..... Smoking holes in the ground, usually down to your mob, can go for stupid money. Lebanon has streets with prices comparable to Manhattan.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 09:50, charon said:

CA..... Smoking holes in the ground, usually down to your mob, can go for stupid money. Lebanon has streets with prices comparable to Manhattan.

I've obviously lost track of something.

• Like 1

On 4/30/2017 at 20:33, Davey Jones' Locker said:

This kind of thing is what is really behind Yank/Chinese tensions. If anything, this is today's real news as it is another step towards China being the global economic superpower:

http://www.dw.com/en/first-freight-train-linking-uk-with-china-arrives-in-yiwu/a-38635908

I confess, Ive not read that although it was in the news regarding the Train to China.

Now, correct me if Im wrong but China has risen to power off of the back of Global investment, cheap, cheap labour and a dictatorship that cannot be questioned or challenged about economic policy without being squashed by a Tank or imprisoned.

The moment the money stops pouring into their economic miracle and the time when nobody is importing cheap Chinese steel tat, they are utterly fucked.

If any of this is true, it is entirely down to the global economy around China that dictates its power and, obviously, ensures that such fabulous riches will go, in no small way, to keeping them quiet on the military front.

Indeed, they have been quite vocal about the need for North Korea to wind their fucking necks in, they really dont want anything to jeopardise the economic miracle that is China.

Im not convinced that there really are 'Yank/Chinese tensions' as they both now need each other in their own globally dominant way.

^^ "cheap Chinese tat" , written on his iPhone.....

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, charon said:

^^ "cheap Chinese tat" , written on his iPhone.....

A cheap as shit laptop actually. :)

• Like 1

Made in China.....

Hmmm , when you tried to scrap the motor got new tyres last week, I'm sure the 'garage' would've said 'fuck all  money in scrap guvnor', and that's down to China not requiring cheap steel. Don't think I've had more than £30 for a car in about 4 years. China is the global superpower these days, and even in the week that the wankers at Apple announce bigger cash reserves than the UK, always good to remember they have 7 factories in the World afair. 6 in China, 1 in Taiwan....

1 hour ago, charon said:

Made in China.....

Hmmm , when you tried to scrap the motor got new tyres last week, I'm sure the 'garage' would've said 'fuck all  money in scrap guvnor', and that's down to China not requiring cheap steel. Don't think I've had more than £30 for a car in about 4 years. China is the global superpower these days, and even in the week that the wankers at Apple announce bigger cash reserves than the UK, always good to remember they have 7 factories in the World afair. 6 in China, 1 in Taiwan....

Yes, yes I dont disagree BUT what IF Apple had no factories in China and nobody imported goods from them?

That was the point I was trying to make, yeah, they are a global superpower but they rely on cheap labour and the rest of the Globe.

IIRC, cheap steel that the Chinese have flooded the rest of the West with is the primary reason our steel industry got fucked over and Trump has gone all 'America first'

If you dont buy from China, China is fucked.

You are around my age, you remember when the roads where littered with abandoned Astras, Cavaliers, Sierras and the like because the price of scrap was that shit YOU had to pay to have your car taken away?

Thats gotta be a decade or more ago?

I wish I had rounded a few of those up, Id make a mint now!

4 hours ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

I see a deal in the making: Someone will carpet-bomb parts of the North Korean capital and take out the ´leadership´, then it will become part of South Korea again. China will get the oil fields in the South China Seas. Everyone is happy!

48 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/05/28/asia/north-korea-fires-unidentified-projectile/index.html

North Korea fires projectile, Fox says it is possibly in Japanese waters.

... And so the sabre-rattling and games of brinkmanship go on. :(

Trump is erratic but it seems now he can actually listen to the advice of others after the weekend's conference so hopefully he will listen to moderating voices here and not hawks.  

• Like 1

Hmm, I wonder if Kim Jong-un feels paranoid about a plot or something. "Look everyone, some nice missiles to distract you!"

Its only a matter of time before war happens with North Korea.   If russia and china back north korea then its world war 3 somehow though I don't think they are willing to do that for a insane fat kid like kim jong un.  I think either a missile will hit south korea killing hundreds and that will spark war. Now whether this is a false flag or real is another thing we know north korea is dumb enough , maybe USA is trying to force north korea to make the first move.  Expect it around 2018 or 2019 , that's my prediction though if it kicked off tomorrow i wouldn't be surprised. Humans are on the decline lets be honest here we ain't going to be around in 10,000 years. 

World War III is about to start in my marriage.

6 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

World War III is about to start in my marriage.

Hope you've got a good bunker then CarolAnn - or lawyer

13 hours ago, Youwanticewiththat said:

Hope you've got a good bunker then CarolAnn - or lawyer

We won't get divorced and he's 1800 miles away so no need for a bunker. His hobbies are just getting really, really expensive. 

18 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

We won't get divorced and he's 1800 miles away so no need for a bunker. His hobbies are just getting really, really expensive. 

I have to budget on being able to do three night jobs a month ( doing a days work, coming home, having dinner then going back into work) to be able to justify the expense of having more cars than I really need.

I will do what I must do! :)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

That's why you have separate bank accounts and a pool account for bills.

Then if his hobbies are really expensive, he foots the bill out of his own earnings.

• Like 1

world war 3 will take place in 2020 ..a desperate attempt by Trump to try and win re election against all the odds

World war 3 will begin...

ZZZZZZ...