Joey Russ

Advent Avalanche

I'd call Shaun, Toast and the Captain* the early bookies favourites, but anything can happen. Or not.

*sounds like the name of a 70s prog rock group

You never know. drol's pick could piss us off so we have to sub for the DDP.

As you would expect from the nature of the game a lot of these could be dead tomorrow eg Ken Hechler is 102 and has been in hospice care since July 2016, oldest living man, oldest living person etc.

One that mystifies me is MC Ren - what's the crack there?

It's spade so it's one of two things a) insider trading B) a red heron for DDP formwatches in OoO's old style.

Does the heron get red because of the herring it ate?

• Like 3

No red heron, but I can't see him making it out of the month, so I was happy to toss him away for the dukes here. I mean there was a reason he did no promo for the Straight Outta Compton biopic.

Totally forgot about this - too much on. Good luck to those who entered, I'm in Ali's corner as I picked Zsa Zsa in the MMDP and it would have been rude to change when she's 6 months closer to death.

• Like 1

Looking at the photo of Wetton earlier, I'm liking Weebl's chances honestly.

• Like 1

Sometimes I'm surprised by how bad people can look until they die, which reminds me... I should have picked Shameless pick Craig Lyons. He looked like death incarnate about two months ago on Twitter. He wasn't dead yet, two weeks ago when I last checked.

The local obit would appear, I think.

Wait... these picks are prohibited, aren't they...

Nope.

No red heron, but I can't see him making it out of the month, so I was happy to toss him away for the dukes here. I mean there was a reason he did no promo for the Straight Outta Compton biopic.

Some similarity with Barbara Walters. The rumours are from unreliable sources, but there's only a written statement from her on Castro's death. You'd think she'd push herself in front of every camera, talking about her career highlight.

• Like 1

Sometimes I'm surprised by how bad people can look until they die, which reminds me... I should have picked Shameless pick Craig Lyons. He looked like death incarnate about two months ago on Twitter. He wasn't dead yet, two weeks ago when I last checked.

The local obit would appear, I think.

Wait... these picks are prohibited, aren't they...

Nah, as the person who wrote joeyruss's rules they aren't.

We want copious counting carnage at an incredible rate of speed. The alternative is to run a proper dead pool and that's bordering on hard work.

• Like 1

I basically kept all the rules, apart from rule #14, where it talks about prizes. I neither have the time or money to give out prizes right now. But that could change in the future...

I basically kept all the rules, apart from rule #14, where it talks about prizes. I neither have the time or money to give out prizes right now. But that could change in the future...

Knife edge mind, if you're earing the money to give out prizes you might lack the time to run the dead pool.

As an Anglican bishop I'm lucky to get paid well and do nowt all day.

• Like 2

We now know that this game won't end as quickly as the first MMMDP, but there's still 22 days till Christmas, so no worries yet.

• Like 1

I wouldn't say that. Virtually all the picks are actually good picks:

Peter Skellern: Has terminal brain cancer. He also is a priest now

Zsa Zsa Gabor: Bedridden and old, she can't last forever, though Christmas won't be that time

Sara Coward: Has terminal cancer

Peter Hall: He's old, and anything can happen at 86

Chris Rea: Bet he got selected cause of all of those Christmas ads he's in

Winnie Ewing: Recently took the Lanarkshire seat at the labour party. She's old at 86

Yisreal Kristal: World's oldest man, anything can happen to the world oldest men

Queen Sirkit: Recently she's been hospitalized with serious health issues, just like her husband was before he died

King Michael: Amazed he lasted this long since he got metastatic cancer since March

MC Ren: This is probably a red herring, but we don't know what his health his like. If you pick him in the DDP, he'll have no health issues, but if you don't pick him and Spade does, he'll have terminal lung cancer.

Barbara Walters: Made a video talking about Castro instead of showing up in public.

Peter Sallis: Old and frail. If he doesn't die before Christmas, he'll definitely die before Christmas 2017

Donald Trump: With an increasing amount of people hating, he'll likely get shot sometime in the next 4 years.

Errol Christie: Has lung cancer for over 20 months, amazed he lasted this long.

Emma Morano: Like world oldest men, anything can happen to world oldest women

Claire Hollingworth: Very old, as well as having multiple strokes, completely blind, and dementia

Peter Sarstedt: Has a 75th birthday coming up. He could join the ever increasing celebrity death's of 2016 list

John Wetton: Metastatic cancer, heart issues, and recent battle of sepsis make him ever more prone to dying. Just look at his recent photos

Piers Sellers: Terminal cancer, and he almost has reached the point where his diagnosis says he's supposed to expire

Ken Helcher: Old, and has been in hopspice care for a while

Norman Jewison: Old, anything can happen at 90. Just ask Fidel Castro...

Colin Baddiel: Has dementia and lost his wife a few years ago

Glen Campbell: Alzheimer's since 2011, in late stages now.

Eileen Derbyshire: Recently left her 55 year role in soap opera cobbles

Billy Graham: Frail, has Parkinson's disease, and one of his best friends has recently died

Of those, top picks for me are Sean, RadGuy, Toast, Jiroemon, Weebl, CaptainChorizo and drol, but it could be anyone's game (well, almost anyone).

• Like 1

Criteria I was using was dead by xmas (ho, ho, ho). And in all honesty I don't think any of the above will be - hence the wild card Trump vote (none of the above wasn't an option). Interested in why being a priest makes Peter Skellern more likely to snuff it.

Winnie Ewing's a she, btw.

• Like 2

Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks for reminding me.

Less likely to die then.

Would be, if I'd picked her for her age.

Zsa Zsa Gabor: Bedridden and old, she can't last forever, though Christmas won't be that time

Winnie Ewing: Recently took the Lanarkshire seat at the labour party. She's old at 86

Yisreal Kristal: World's oldest man, anything can happen to the world oldest men

Queen Sirkit: Recently she's been hospitalized with serious health issues, just like her husband was before he died

King Michael: Amazed he lasted this long since he got metastatic cancer since March

MC Ren: This is probably a red herring, but we don't know what his health his like. If you pick him in the DDP, he'll have no health issues, but if you don't pick him and Spade does, he'll have terminal lung cancer.

Barbara Walters: Made a video talking about Castro instead of showing up in public.

Peter Sallis: Old and frail. If he doesn't die before Christmas, he'll definitely die before Christmas 2017

Donald Trump: With an increasing amount of people hating, he'll likely get shot sometime in the next 4 years.

Claire Hollingworth: Very old, as well as having multiple strokes, completely blind, and dementia

Peter Sarstedt: Has a 75th birthday coming up. He could join the ever increasing celebrity death's of 2016 list

John Wetton: Metastatic cancer, heart issues, and recent battle of sepsis make him ever more prone to dying. Just look at his recent photos

Piers Sellers: Terminal cancer, and he almost has reached the point where his diagnosis says he's supposed to expire

Billy Graham: Frail, has Parkinson's disease, and one of his best friends has recently died

Of those, top picks for me are Sean, RadGuy, Toast, Jiroemon, Weebl, CaptainChorizo and drol, but it could be anyone's game (well, almost anyone).

Interesting reading the bios of those individuals - some of them I didn't even know who they actually were at all. Many would also make good picks for the 2017 main list and people's individual deadpool lists for the year.

Also, who's Sara Coward? Couldn't find her in Wikipedia at all

Interesting reading the bios of those individuals - some of them I didn't even know who they actually were at all. Many would also make good picks for the 2017 main list and people's individual deadpool lists for the year.

Also, who's Sara Coward? Couldn't find her in Wikipedia at all

An actress for the archers.
  • Like 1

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/8nCWidLPWGP/Fans+Attend+Kate+Bush+Comeback+Concert/HRxEH7GCD-M/Chris+Rea

!.This picture - taken 2014

2 .He's an outlier for the Kausch-Whipple Procedure

3. The Bowie Principal.

4 It's been an odd year for musicians.

5. I just love to hear MPFC gasp.

Not an ad in sight... the joys of delay TV.

• Like 1

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/8nCWidLPWGP/Fans+Attend+Kate+Bush+Comeback+Concert/HRxEH7GCD-M/Chris+Rea

3. The Bowie Principal.

I see. I was thinking of Christmas ads because of stuff like this: http://www.shropshirestar.com/entertainment/2016/12/03/christmas-tv-adverts-2016-how-you-voted-in-our-poll/

Couldn't find anything about his health, but thanks for telling me.

3. The Bowie Principal.

I see. I was thinking of Christmas ads because of stuff like this: http://www.shropshirestar.com/entertainment/2016/12/03/christmas-tv-adverts-2016-how-you-voted-in-our-poll/

Damn Joey - you got me with that link - I'd managed to avoid the lot 'til then^^.

• Like 1

3. The Bowie Principal.

Damn Joey - you got me with that link - I'd managed to avoid the lot 'til then^^.

To be fair - 63 year old Chris is having such a quiet time of it at the moment that his official website is just a page with some standard information and his portal to the world is now his FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/ChrisReaOfficial/

Still think he'll see a few Advent Avalanch suggestions into the grave, mind

Even though he wasn't able to log on for selection day, let's give a brief round of applause for ImNotHades, who would've won if he was able to log in that day.