themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

It is possible, it's always possible, but we're reliant on hindsight here.

Bet there's some frantic number-crunching going on now  :lol:

Just realised Tony B is my B-team joker, which means Here's Who you could have won will be about a dozen points ahead of Pan Breed!

Sods law that is!

My Comedy Cremations team is now doing better than my main team in number of hits.

In different circumstances, Booth could well have been a decisive hit for me. But of course, Spade and Bert too have had extraordinary luck with their own differentials.

Still, Spade now really needs Michael to live.

2 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

In different circumstances, Booth could well have been a decisive hit for me. But of course, Spade and Bert too have had extraordinary luck with their own differentials.

Still, Spade now really needs Michael to live.

:o

Oh wait, the King...

I think I'm back in the top ten for the first time since February or March. But this top ten appearance won't be held for that long...

Latest update...

• Like 6

For all the Spade v Bert (with DI) talk, looking at that table, the 10 points for Clive James might be interesting yet...

Not saying it's definitive, but I think we may have our top 5 in the end now. A 15 point gap between the B Team and Buckets of Blood...

Two teams over 30 points? Don't mind if I do...

3 months left anaw.

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Completely overshadowed by the death of Hefner but actress Anne Jeffreys has died aged 94. Notable as both an actress of both Broadway and Hollywood's Golden Era.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Jeffreys

Still awaiting a link but ABC7 have it on their Twitter feed: https://twitter.com/abc7?lang=en

Anne Jeffreys for the List of the Missed: http://www.derbydeadpool.co.uk/deadpool2014/celebs_J.html#jeffra

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Not saying it's definitive, but I think we may have our top 5 in the end now. A 15 point gap between the B Team and Buckets of Blood...

Bracknell is drollercoaster's joker. Her and King Michael may yet become hits. The B-Team needs at least one more hit to stay in the Top 5. It's possible, but Booth was the last excellent pick. Well, Colin Butts is a bit overdue but doing ok.

2 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Well, Colin Butts is a bit overdue but doing ok.

He got the Whipple surgery.

7 hours ago, msc said:

He got the Whipple surgery.

He hasn't tweeted in over 20 days though. The longest break since April.

I'm hanging on in 24th place in the DDP at the mo with a few could go anyday types - Baddiel, Bracknell and Downie - on the team. After a well up the top ten placing in my first year of this I've been generally shite at it, until now.

I'm enjoying the current campaign much as a Stoke City fan "enjoys" a mid-table season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Africa7777 said:

Next Vera Lynn ✌️

3 minutes ago, Newjack said:

Bracknell will be the next to leave us

Psssst, this ain't the thread to say who will die next. I assume y'all newbies are looking for the 15th Death of 2017 thread.

Anyways, when it comes to my own DDP 2017 campaign, I've fallen to 14th place. Not surprising, Errol Christie has been my only hit since March. Sorta reminiscent of Sir Creep's team last year - rocket fast start, and then the hits dry up.

8 minutes ago, Phantom of the Midway said:

Psssst, this ain't the thread to say who will die next. I assume y'all newbies are looking for the 15th Death of 2017 thread.

Anyways, when it comes to my own DDP 2017 campaign, I've fallen to 14th place. Not surprising, Errol Christie has been my only hit since March. Sorta reminiscent of Sir Creep's team last year - rocket fast start, and then the hits dry up.

5 by Valentines Day, 2 since, here.

6 by the end of February (excluding the criminal who won't obit), 1 in May, 1 in June, 2 in August, and 1 in September, making my death count 11/20 if you exclude the two nonobiters. Meh, I think with the exception of Gord Downie, I'm done for the year. But I think I did a good job first time going (though a top ten first experience will probably still be a dream to me)...

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

6 by the end of February (excluding the criminal who won't obit), 1 in May, 1 in June, 2 in August, and 1 in September, making my death count 11/20 if you exclude the two nonobiters. Meh, I think with the exception of Gord Downie, I'm done for the year. But I think I did a good job first time going (though a top ten first experience will probably still be a dream to me)...

Look where there others started in their first year. Nobody began as an expert.

Well, bar Fallen Sparrow.

Just now, msc said:

Well, bar Fallen Sparrow.

And TJS. 

• Like 1