Sign in to follow this  
CaptainChorizo

2017 Ddp Salvage Lot

1 hour ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Those of us who bottled it on Sonja Durham: Lady Gaga made a dedication to her at Coachella and most of the tabloid UK press reported on it. From LG's words sounds like we could be talking weeks here.

Guess she's going in my Windy City team then...

2 hours ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Those of us who bottled it on Sonja Durham: Lady Gaga made a dedication to her at Coachella and most of the tabloid UK press reported on it. From LG's words sounds like we could be talking weeks here.

Her most recent blog mentioned she was on palliative care, despite some "this doesn't mean I'm dying, honest!" spin, so...

On 2017-4-24 at 14:22, Spade_Cooley said:

Time to grab a stress ball lads, Sonja Durham has died and got QOs across the board.

2 hours ago, The Dead Cow said:

In other news, those who decided not to take a punt on Anna Holmlund can breathe a sigh of relief as she's now out of her coma and conscious again

What an unlucky year for Pan Breed. :(

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RadGuy said:

What an unlucky year for Pan Breed. :(

Thank goodness no one mentioned Colin Butts crowdsourcing the whipple surgery on private health care and being on the mend. Except I just did.

Not unlucky. So far, looking badly judged and too conservative. However, the year is still young.

Durham would go down as my biggest "ah shit, why did I decide against them?" this year were it not for my underestimation of how popular Wetton would be.

On 5/20/2017 at 07:18, msc said:

Thank goodness no one mentioned Colin Butts crowdsourcing the whipple surgery on private health care and being on the mend. Except I just did.

Not unlucky. So far, looking badly judged and too conservative. However, the year is still young.

Interesting only as in that I JUST researched Mr. Butts (he being on one of my teams) along with a few others, and in Butts' case I came up empty.  Where the hell did he get $ for the whipple procedure?  That said, studies I've chased down show the procedure adds about 18 months to one's life, take that useless info for what it's worth (worth a punt this year, but not next, I'm a sucker LOL).|
SC

(edit: forgot to put a sad face for msc ruining my day so early on.  Shame on msc for making me forlorn and melancholy. :( 

(edit 2: please excuse my asinine question re: funding the procedure [see bold])

On 5/20/2017 at 04:34, Spade_Cooley said:

Time to grab a stress ball lads, Sonja Durham has died and got QOs across the board.

I've still never heard of her.  I won't bother to search, as I would normally declare all indignantly 'she wasn't discussed on these boards' when I suspect she was.  I feel better having never heard of any friend of Lady Gaga.

SC

@Sir Creep

Here is the Crowdsourcing.

According to his twitter, he had the op in mid-March 2017.

Here is more details.

PS - Hey, 1/5th of my DDP team is fecked by now. These things happen.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, msc said:

@Sir Creep

Here is the Crowdsourcing.

According to his twitter, he had the op in mid-March 2017.

Here is more details.

PS - Hey, 1/5th of my DDP team is fecked by now. These things happen.

And frankly, he's a fair obit risk on top of all that.  Like I said I just researched him yesterday, found squat.  Not sure he is getting media coverage presently that equates to an obit later.  But as I say, the only people guaranteed of not getting an obit are the living.  
SC

Nah, he's a 100% guaranteed obit and should get the BBC one as well. "Is Harry On The Boat" was a massive book when it came out.

I think the bigger issue is not obitality, but, when obits start rolling out, will they reveal his age. That is important for the DDP.

13 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

I think the bigger issue is not obitality, but, when obits start rolling out, will they reveal his age. That is important for the DDP.

He's 57.

37 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

Nah, he's a 100% guaranteed obit and should get the BBC one as well. "Is Harry On The Boat" was a massive book when it came out.

He's the one I asked my wife about, before submitting my DDP team. "Do you think he'll obit?" I asked her. She looked at me like I were daft and said "Of course he'll bloody obit, that book was huge."

Should have asked her about Alan Aspin and Sasha Lakovic, tbh.

27 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Born 1959 iirc - revealed in one of the new stories at the time.

34 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Wasn't the ruling that age can come from a non-qualifying source?

Just now, RadGuy said:

Wasn't the ruling that age can come from a non-qualifying source?

Instantly thought "Obama's birth certificate" when I read that! ^_^

32 minutes ago, msc said:

Should have asked her about Alan Aspin and Sasha Lakovic, tbh

But not Ben Suisala? 

On 1/1/2017 at 06:32, Spade_Cooley said:

K!eran M@xwell - "Inspiring" Olympic torch carrier from four years ago who has taken a turn for the worse in recent months, nowhere near guaranteed an obit though

Dead, but has only received local press thus far.

20 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Dead, but has only received local press thus far.

Well, he would've QO via Mirror had he been picked by someone. 

Oh, the Mirror... :facepalm:

On 2/10/2017 at 20:19, Death Impends said:

Another rumor name that turned out to be legit - Ilitch indeed rests in pizza pizza. No regrets dropping him, mind - I think I can be excused for not having the foresight to discern Creep didn't properly enter his theme teams! :D

And now his son follows...

On 01/01/2017 at 08:47, Death Impends said:

Here's most the names who got within the final 40 or so, but didn't pass muster for the big time:

*snip*

Celia Brackenridge - Her prescience regarding the UK football sex abuse scandal guarantees an obit, and she has leukemia. But couldn't find out how bad it is.

Bad enough to be fatal (though she saw 2017 out). Dead at 67.