Sign in to follow this  
Dead Wait

Marilyn Manson

22 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing about Alice Cooper, his major influence.

He was a shock artist that had a tremendous impact on the rock scene (especially live concerts) and pushed boundaries (which is what rock is all about when you think about it). Not to mention he comes of as extremely intelligent in all interviews I've seen of him. There  was even one particular interview with Letterman (who apparently has the same mentality as you) where Dave was trying his best to make Manson look like a dolt, without success.

For the record I'm not a fan of his music or voice (I'm more of a classic rock type of guy), and I'm only really familiar with Tainted Love (which is a cover anyway), but I don't get he deserves all the hate he gets, especially when he was treated VERY unfairly by the media and the entire US people at one moment when Columbine happened (despite the fact that there was no real correlation between his music and what those kids did that day). Very harsh stuff.

Oh, and if you are against 50 old men with man boobs who do not dress their age (literally 90% of the people in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame now), next time try to address the issue of Mick Jagger. Now THAT's a 70 year old man who shouldn't even be near skinny jeans.

article-2379658-1A942545000005DC-914_634x769.jpg

Alice Cooper is fucking brilliant, the fact that he was an influence is irrelevant.

Mick Jagger could walk onto a stage stark bollock naked and he would still be Mick Jagger of the ROLLING STONES ffs!!!

There is the Premier League and there is the Evo Stik South League.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

You're preaching to the wrong crowd Lord Fellatio: I'm a BIG fan of the Stones.

So don't dis Jagger!!

So, a serious question

If the staff at the hospital have called up his medical records on the computer - are they calling "Marilyn" or "Brian?"

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Life Is Beautiful said:

I'm sure you wouldn't say the same thing about Alice Cooper, his major influence.

He was a shock artist that had a tremendous impact on the rock scene (especially live concerts) and pushed boundaries (which is what rock is all about when you think about it). Not to mention he comes of as extremely intelligent in all interviews I've seen of him. There  was even one particular interview with Letterman (who apparently has the same mentality as you) where Dave was trying his best to make Manson look like a dolt, without success.

For the record I'm not a fan of his music or voice (I'm more of a classic rock type of guy), and I'm only really familiar with Tainted Love (which is a cover anyway), but I don't get he deserves all the hate he gets, especially when he was treated VERY unfairly by the media and the entire US people at one moment when Columbine happened (despite the fact that there was no real correlation between his music and what those kids did that day). Very harsh stuff.

Oh, and if you are against 50 old men with man boobs who do not dress their age (literally 90% of the people in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame now), next time try to address the issue of Mick Jagger. Now THAT's a 70 year old man who shouldn't even be near skinny jeans.

article-2379658-1A942545000005DC-914_634x769.jpg

You're missing the important factor that Mick Jagger and Alice Cooper have talent and their own style.  Marilyn Manson never had an original idea in his life.

And whilst I have heard of David Letterman, I've never watched his show so I can't comment on any similarities in our 'mentality'. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lard Bazaar said:

And whilst I have heard of David Letterman, I've never watched his show so I can't comment on any similarities in our 'mentality'. 

Take my word for it, Lardy, my dear - you are light years from David Letterman, and for that you should be thankful.

• Like 2

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/marilyn-manson-cancels-nine-shows-after-nyc-stage-injury-w506461

9 shows cancelled, returning home to recuperate (not sure if he's already left the hospital). Currently scheduled to return to tour on Oct 15, but I guess that could change. No news on how severe the injuries are/were, but if he's returning on tour in 15 days, I guess they're not awful.

Who knows... perhaps the "addicted to pain killers" part of his career is about to begin.

• Like 1

First Gord Downie releasing an album and chancing 'doing a Bowie'; now Marilyn Manson to do the same Oct 6.
SC

15 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Who knows... perhaps the "addicted to pain killers" part of his career is about to begin.

He's already a poster child for all the drugs fit to use.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RishCast said:

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/marilyn-manson-cancels-nine-shows-after-nyc-stage-injury-w506461

9 shows cancelled, returning home to recuperate (not sure if he's already left the hospital). Currently scheduled to return to tour on Oct 15, but I guess that could change. No news on how severe the injuries are/were, but if he's returning on tour in 15 days, I guess they're not awful.

He's supposed to restart here in Dallas on the 15th. If he cancels that show I'm going to have a completely distraught young lady on my hands. I may have to smack her in the head with a stick and bury her to put her out of my misery. 

I fail to see the attraction, but she is adamant that she would have his babies. She's a lesbian. I'm obviously missing something here. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

I fail to see the attraction, but she is adamant that she would have his babies. She's a lesbian. I'm obviously missing something here. 

I'm missing something too, and it's the 'have his babies' part of it. There's no attraction there, whatsoever, IMO.

8 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

He's supposed to restart here in Dallas on the 15th. If he cancels that show I'm going to have a completely distraught young lady on my hands. I may have to smack her in the head with a stick and bury her to put her out of my misery. 

I once saw a comment that Charles Manson was "The Elvis of Alienation" you might usefully assume Manson is the Eddie Cochran of the same. So he attracts people who don't want a part of normal life.

The band Marilyn Manson did have one of the better rhythm sections in mainstream rock of the last 90s, but Christ I could have done without his vocals/lyrics/presence at all.

2 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

The band Marilyn Manson did have one of the better rhythm sections in mainstream rock of the last 90s, but Christ I could have done without his vocals/lyrics/presence at all.

Aye, it's an odd thing. He's clearly drawn inspiration from Alice Cooper and one thing the two share in common is a very limited vocal range obliging the band and producers to build a solid sound around that limit.

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I once saw a comment that Charles Manson was "The Elvis of Alienation" you might usefully assume Manson is the Eddie Cochran of the same. So he attracts people who don't want a part of normal life.

She may not want a normal life, but she would still have to sleep with him. Still not getting it. Of course, there was the chick who swore Charles Manson was innocent and had to be stopped from marrying him by the state of California. Takes all kinds, I suppose. 

Personally, I have never been a fan of shock for shock's sake. Marilyn Manson has no relevant message other than "I will shock you." Pointless. Not that I'm unshockable - I see a difference between not being surprised that someone would kill 50+ people from the 32nd story of the Mandalay and being hardened enough to not be shocked at the bloodshed. His only "message" is to scream counterculture, which is very, very blah.

I must be old. Or intelligent. Or possibly completely stupid. It's a tossup.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CarolAnn said:

She may not want a normal life, but she would still have to sleep with him. Still not getting it. Of course, there was the chick who swore Charles Manson was innocent and had to be stopped from marrying him by the state of California. Takes all kinds, I suppose. 

Personally, I have never been a fan of shock for shock's sake. Marilyn Manson has no relevant message other than "I will shock you." Pointless. Not that I'm unshockable - I see a difference between not being surprised that someone would kill 50+ people from the 32nd story of the Mandalay and being hardened enough to not be shocked at the bloodshed. His only "message" is to scream counterculture, which is very, very blah.

I must be old. Or intelligent. Or possibly completely stupid. It's a tossup.

Hmmm - David Crosby got a lesbian pregnant by wanking into a test tube

Just saying - there seems agreement hereabouts that MM may be a major wanker

26 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Hmmm - David Crosby got a lesbian pregnant by wanking into a test tube

You would assume that Crosbys sperm is loaded with narcotics/alcohol musical talent that would bring forth the next generation of rock stars or summat.

33 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

I can agree with that, for sure. Just don't tell Emily.

Daisy Berkowitz DEAD!?  Seems so...

SC
(Edit: Sorry..... Scott Putesky to be proper)

Well that's what I get for always working my way up from the bottom with active links when I sign on.  
But what dumbass would put Putesky in the hyper-generic 'Dead of 2017' thread instead of something more fitting?  Oh that would be the king of dumbassedness, Roey Juss.  Go figure.
For fuxsake can you TRY to cubbyhole into a proper category next time?  Weeeeee effort I know.
Anyway, I'll give myself a 1-Clive rating for reposting
SC

clivedunn.png

Hey.. Daisy Berkowitz would have received an indirect Guardian obit, because bassist Twiggy Ramirez (said to be the outstanding musician in that band) faces rape allegations:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/oct/25/marilyn-manson-bassist-twiggy-ramirez-jessicka-addams-scott-putesky

Paul Stanley of KISS called out Marilyn Manson for sharing an image of Charles Manson with a link to one of Marilyn Manson's own tracks.

Stanley tweeted: “[It’s] pathetic when somebody [whose] career never really took off is desperate enough to try for publicity by connecting himself to the news of a murdering scumbag’s death.”

SC