3 Johnny Clegg
4Reverend Robert Graetz
5Carrie Meek

1. Diana Athill

2. Raymond Briggs

3. Earl Cameron 

4. I M Pei

5. Richard Overton

Only two more chances to score and move up the leaderboard.  Better make the lists good.  For Nov:

Leah Bracknell

Tim Conway

Jean Louis Trintignant

Loretta Lynn

Katie Hnida

On 28/10/2018 at 07:13, gcreptile said:

As I see the scoreboard updated, what's ND Tiwari's QO?

I was assuming the popularity of this name meant he was a shoe in for an obit.  Maybe a household name in New Delhi??  Have I jumped the gun here?  I tend to be lax on QO's, but if there is nothing remotely close then I will have to amend the leaderboard when I post the NOV teams, which I plan on doing soon.  Anyone?  Bueller?

He was a pretty high ranking official, I'm not certain but I think 3rd highest in country (similar to our Secretary of State here in the States), coupled with the tabloid discovery and admission of having an out of wedlock son 30 years earlier now that he was 84, and then marries the mother at 85 or so.  Caught on tape in sex scandals as well.  Amazing lack on interest in the international community.

SC

• Thanks 1

Reverend Robert Graetz --- ok I have all the respect in the world for Roey, who says he had his name now for the second time, in his two top spots.  I ran that name and I find nothing.  Maybe he's related to Joey Russ or summat....inside information.  I would have stolen the name if I could have found so much as a cough and common cold in the man.
So....cough up the info, Joey.  What's wrong with this Reverend and why is he so close to death?
SC

20 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Reverend Robert Graetz --- ok I have all the respect in the world for Roey, who says he had his name now for the second time, in his two top spots.  I ran that name and I find nothing.  Maybe he's related to Joey Russ or summat....inside information.  I would have stolen the name if I could have found so much as a cough and common cold in the man.
So....cough up the info, Joey.  What's wrong with this Reverend and why is he so close to death?
SC

This article talks about him being in hospice. Admittedly it could be a similar situation as Bishop Quinn, but he’s a fascinating enough name that I picked him twice. 

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

This article talks about him being in hospice. Admittedly it could be a similar situation as Bishop Quinn, but he’s a fascinating enough name that I picked him twice. 

Oh can we count the times, including this month almost, I've been sucked into the Quinn Vortex of Disbelief.   

Tiwari looks to be another "mentioned fairly regularly in the UK press" name which got no mentions at all when they died this year. But don't worry, some mum somewhere will get cancer and a full article obit...

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, msc said:

Tiwari looks to be another "mentioned fairly regularly in the UK press" name which got no mentions at all when they died this year. But don't worry, some mum somewhere will get cancer and a full article obit...

Maybe if Tiwari would have shagged Laura Harris or Sara Meddings his odds to obit would have increased.

• Haha 1

NOV Teams 5 pts 4 pts 3 pts 2 pts 1 pt
gcreptile (23) +4 daring doris long shirley anne hellyar marcus hyde balbir singh paul carrigan
Captain Chorizo (19) tim conway dilip kumar johnny clegg rev. robert graetz carrie meck
Sean (18)          
The Quim Reaper (17) jean louis trintignant glenn hoddle michael murphy jean marie le pen roberta mccain
Joey Russ (17)  bill freehan rev robert graetz jean marie le pen simon ricketts tim conway
Sir Creep (15) dilip kumar georges loinger violetta chamarro glenn hoddle le duc anh
Fixed Business (14)          
EXU (11) glenn hoddle kirk douglas jill gascoine leah bracknell bobby george
Wormfarmer (10) l bracknell tim conway jean louis trintignant loretta lynn katie Hnida
theoldlady (9) kirk douglas sean connery tim conway roberta mccain christopher walken
Prophet (6) luis palau roberta mccain norman lloyd Jean Louis Trintignant leah bracknell
Youwanticewiththat (5)          
BOU1 (4) violetta chamorro queen sofia of spain glenn hoddle Kane tanaka yoko ono
Yorkshire Banker (3) camilla skovgaard jean louis trintignant eileen ash olivia dehavilland georges loinger
Bentrovato jill gascoine emporer akihito kirk douglas gabriel wolf jan michael vincent
Bibliogryphon diana athill raymond briggs earl cameron IM Pei R. A. Overton
The Slavic Death           

Wouk This Way 

Given the lack of a QO for ND Tiwari, last month was the first non scoring month!

Shirley Hellyar = first time I have ever seen wikipedia miss a scoring obit!

Edited by Wormfarmer
gcrep closes his grip on another deadpool

theoldlady and sirC have until the end of the year to produce the QO for ND Tiwari.  And Cap'n Cho misses Ted Mack for 2 pts by a few days.  I am almost falling asleep at my computer, so check your teams for accuracy (other than the random keystroke error).  Good luck to all in round 11.  Remember the last week of Dec is double points week!  

On 10/11/2018 at 12:46, gcreptile said:

Shirley Hellyar died on the 7th - let's see if anything resembling an obit comes up:

https://www.gofundme.com/urgent-support-terminal-cancer

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-46170395

16 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

It's only local BBC, so doesn't count here. But I actually expect something more tomorrow. And "interesting" that the BBC copy/pastes gofundme messages and comments.

My team for December:

5 pts-Lucia Hiriart
4 pts-Robert Mugabe
3 pts -George Soros
2 pts- Stirling Moss
1 pts- Don Lusk

December team:

1. Johnny Clegg

2. Bill Turnbull

3. George Alagiah

4. Sheila Mercier

5. Fernando Ricksen

Remember that Dec is the final month, and from Xmas to Dec 31 is double pts week!  I am holding out for another day as I need every double pt chance I can get! 

My December picks

1. Genesis P-Orridge

2. Arnold Yarrow

3. Pope Benedict XVI

4. Marieke Vervoort

5. Clive James

Selecion de Decembre
1. Andrew McGahan
2. Bill Freehan
3. Beth Chapman
4. Paul Farnes
5. Bob Barker