charon

General techy thread.

2 minutes ago, charon said:

?

Worked in retail 20 odd years ago. Cunts basically bypassed all the fail safes on indesit washer dryers, poured petrol on them and dropped a match.

Fair enough, the spags bought over hotpoint, and they've been fire hazards since, but did the good move of selling the brand to Whirlpool.

Point stands, they are not independent reviewers, same as Martin Lewis and his shit site.

They take money, review, and promote who they get cash from.

Want to know what to buy? 

Speak to the people on the complaints desk.

:lol:

How many customers did you tell to ' go fuck yourselves'  then? :D

• Haha 1

Hmmmm above 20 and below 50 I'd guess :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2018 at 14:32, Boudicca said:

4G internet! Pages load in seconds and my apps aren't killing the data I 'do' have in the godforsaken wilderness.

An evolutionary leap comparable to fire or the wheel!

Possibilities are endless:

"Alexa! Warn me when LFN, Sir Creep and charon are in Dangerous Moods...

Oh god I've had 4G for years and I use a Samsung Note 8. You're all still walking. ;) 

On 04/05/2018 at 00:02, CarolAnn said:

Oh god I've had 4G for years and I use a Samsung Note 8. You're all still walking. ;) 

Same near London where I usually am. WiFi aplenty, 4G everywhere,  but if I go visiting my brother in the wilds of Devon or on holiday, no chance. The new signal doesn't even work with the band I'm on :(

Guess which dumbass didn't log out afore posting on my phone :D

Oh ffs :lol:

I'm blaming the Laphroaig.

• Haha 1

On 02/18/2018 at 20:57, charon said:

Right.

Showbox.

Perfect for android users. But they ramped up the adverts of late.

Here's an ad free version..... http://www.mediafire.com/file/84aud33whr3kyd9/Show_Box_v4.94_[ad-free_mod_by_ries].apk

If anycunto needs a get around for watch only if they want to download, just ask.

Showbox pulled the plug on older versions today, they'll still work but won't get daily updates of programmes.

Here's the new version but again modded to be ad free

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OGdVoovbcs9mb95BOQ9FK8m_pQg5CWw0/view

It flaming well happened. :( 

Just home from long at work - turned tv on and then (in the gayest sense that only a gay man can type ;) ) POOF. 

After 9 long years TV died. Not bad going for a Toshiba I guess.

Will be down to 24 inches on a portable from 40 for a while but liking the offers from Richer Sounds.

Just gutted as I’d planned to ditch Sky but tied into a deal would you believe 32 flaming days ago as I’d hoped the old TV would go till at least Christmas. 

So TV shopping at end of a June here I come. Thank GOD I’ve got overtime coming out my ears this month. 

If ditching Sky Phil, Freesat built into a TV would run off same dish.

* keep the box as non sub Sky channels are slightly different.

• Thanks 1

It’s just annoying that the Sky cooling off period has ended a couple of days before the TV decided to go up in smoke.

Plus I’m going on holiday next month so was saving for spending €€€ - so it’ll be end of June before I can replace it properly. 

So thanks to a loan from parents and the chance of a brilliant deal from Richer Sounds, here’s my new Samsung MU6400 49” inch lounge TV. Called an open box offer ( basically it had been out the box for test) I got it for £425 instead of nearly £600. 

Its amazing. All the tech I need.And excellent customer service and a free 6 year guarantee I couldn’t be more happy. :) 

All I need now is a new DVD player as mine is scart. :) 

1E78DC63-7240-481A-A17A-AEC09D2DE02C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done mate.  Can't go wrong with Richers imo.

37 minutes ago, philheybrookbay said:

All I need now is a new DVD player as mine is scart. :)

That was my situation too.  I got a cheap one from Argos which does the job fine.

Taking this away from the Nerds thread, the Atari was the first console we had, which was a joint Christmas present between me and my brothers. I had a ZX Spectrum (long gone) and my brother had a Commodore 64 (which is still in OldWillz's attic).

I had a SNES too, but god alone knows where that is.

Amazing to think of the simplicity of those games, which didn't really encourage us to sit in front of them for hours on end. Well, you couldn't really, we had one telly so we could only use them when we were allowed. The stunning games I have on Xbox One now, it's no wonder kids today love to sit in front of them....

• Like 1

^^ was this prompted by the death of the cofounder of Atari?

Just wondering.....

• Like 1

On 27/05/2018 at 14:05, YoungWillz said:

Taking this away from the Nerds thread, the Atari was the first console we had, which was a joint Christmas present between me and my brothers. I had a ZX Spectrum (long gone) and my brother had a Commodore 64 (which is still in OldWillz's attic).

I had a SNES too, but god alone knows where that is.

Amazing to think of the simplicity of those games, which didn't really encourage us to sit in front of them for hours on end. Well, you couldn't really, we had one telly so we could only use them when we were allowed. The stunning games I have on Xbox One now, it's no wonder kids today love to sit in front of them....

Ah Limmy, thus pointing out the utter worthlessness of Ted Dabney's existence and death.....

4 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah Limmy, thus pointing out the utter worthlessness of Ted Dabney's existence and death.....

:o What's next, ya iconoclast? Slagging off Sir Clive Sinclair? :o:P

Let the Fun commence.

Tor browser finally available for android :)

Legit through the play store as well.

https://www.gizchina.com/2018/09/08/tor-browser-is-now-on-google-play-store-to-give-you-full-anonymity/

• Like 1

Now this, is gonna be hoooooge for phones. And tablets/laptops.

I love my 6,200mah phone and its quick cherge which means I never worry about how much is left. But I knew this was in the wings which is a game changer to a degree, Samsung are ready to launch their phones at some point next year with graphene batteries. Their 'life' will be longer afore needing to be replaced, overheating issues will be nullified, and a full recherge will take 12 minutes is the claim.

* yer average Samsung battery for a phone is sub 3,000mah, so for a 6,200 that is still 30 minutes or so (in my empty head).

• Like 2

On 09/03/2018 at 13:23, the_engineer said:

This thread is erriely timed :o.My wife just bought a new xiaomi mix. I have huawei mate 9 excellent phone.

mmexport1520601784765.jpg

Xaomi about to hit the UK properly.

They announced a partnership with 3 at the start of the year, my guess is 3 are going to range some of their phones afore Xmas.

Why?

Xaomi opening a store in the White City (stoopid name, that's Laaandan) on 10/11.

Couple of promo events if you're in the area (might be freebies/discount offers etc, who knows) on Halloween I think, and 8/11.

Their flagships won't be cheap, think Honor 20, Spyphone territory, but hopefully the Pocofone F1 will be ranged.

The Chinese aren't coming, they're fucking "here" :)

• Like 1

Well I TRIED to help Spade with DDP photos, but ran into numerous problems that obviously he (and perhaps others?) don't have.
So maybe a techie tech can decipher what's up: 

I find an image, and tried to launch the image software Spade mentions in Chrome - but Chrome simply refuses to acknowledge the BUILT IN Flashplayer on my Windows 10 OS.  I keep being told 'you need Flashplayer to run this program' and it won't open the program, even after I d/l Flashplayer (needlessly). Spade says he works in Chrome so this is already a big issue.
So the only way I can open the software is if I use the Miccrosoft Edge browser.   All is fine, basically, but then I'm supposed to right click on the broken image and paste the image .jpg address in there, but Edge refuses to recognize the icon/link/broken image whatever on DDP celeb pages like Chrome is showing.  MADDENING 

So I try crossing back over to Chrome and the broken link is there but I right click and I get "Open Image in new tab" or "Copy Image address" only 2 options.  Nowhere in the dropdown is Copy Image Link.  

I'm running Windows 10, and maybe shit ain't compatible??  Chrome simply refuses to acknowledge the BUILT IN Flashplayer on my Windows 10 OS.  Only Edge will do so.  But Edge refuses to recognize the icon/link/broken image whatever on DDP celeb pages.  
I find it hard to believe no one else has had this issue, but maybe everyone else has graduated from Windows 10.
SC

Well, for one Windows does NOT have a built in flash player. Adobe does. Windows has Adobe.

Seek your solution there and not Windows.

Aside from that I ain't a clue as I never liked them after 7 and android all the way now baybee.

Right, one for DI I think......

Following on from the cunto posting about not getting on in the irate thread, I got a new phone today and can't access the site.

Keep getting SSL errors, and yes, date/time is correct, tried various browsers etc and can't get on.

Stuck DL in a query site and get this..

Screenshot_20190207-192320.thumb.jpg.1fc0e4350dfeb5c19388b39db2d5b2de.jpg

Screenshot_20190207-192439.thumb.jpg.129bcf6e19503a763bd2ceff9f352512.jpg

Screenshot_20190207-192500.thumb.jpg.998f95753867217b8dbed7b8a1952091.jpg

The network/sim has allowed access before, but can't see security option in new phone.

Is it a problem with DL or me :)

Right, looks like it's Deathlist site that's at fault.

The Qualys site just shows the same problem you are having, over IPv6 the forum cannot be accessed.
The forum is telling the internet it can be accessed over IPv6 but then it doesn't work.
They should either fix it, or remove the announcement that they are reachable over v6.
Neither is the ISPs problem.

EE are using IPv6 in preference to IPv4 as there are no more v4 addresses left, so they have no choice, other operators will be doing this over the next few years.

So on a contract EE sim you won't get access unless you screw with your APN to force IPv4.

The same will happen to folk all over the World on networks that are IPv6.

No idea how you will fix it but fixing it needs :)

• Thanks 1

Bump <_<

Right....more needs fixing from our Overlord Technocrats.

Screenshot_20190219-204108.thumb.jpg.9456fdd44d0e4e0b6733b98d71ededd3.jpg

Out of date since June last year.......

Disable the fucker purlease.

* And to fix...

Screenshot_20190219-204441.thumb.jpg.ac15bb37f50942620cccfbd8b4d21921.jpg

Might not be exactly what is fucking me about, but it won't help <_<

• Like 1