I had the misfortune to see a discussion on This Morning yesterday. Called

‘Are Fairy Tales sexist’? It basically envolved a snowflake saying that as Snow White didn’t given permission for her kiss it was abuse. And that all female characters in Fairy Tales needed updating to show strong female empowerment and that they didn’t need a Prince as this was unrealistic to real life.

The other classic last week was that you should ask your babies permission to change their nappy as this could be viewed as getting into their personal space and humiliating them. This should start immediately from birth. (No advice given for the period where they can’t talk).

I just roll my eyes at this generation.....

• Like 5

As a full member of the gay community since early 1990s ( before it was fashionable to be gay trust me)- the change from LGB name to add the the initial T was bad enough , but now we had LGBTIQFFK community. And it’s ruining the original LGB community as suddenly we have every bastard idiot saying ‘ we’re different can we come to your space’. 

Dont get me started on this drag obsession on the scene either. Fucking millennials coming to the pubs like it’s an episode of Ru Paul’s Drag race. It’s fucking wet Tuesday in Plymouth you muppets, it’s not Hollywood, your primark makeup is sliding off your face and you all look like a joke. What happened to just going to the pub in a polo shirt, jeans and trainers and being men fancing men? 

As for the weekend Brenda’s who are Brian Mon to Fri - hands like shovels but now drink jäger like pints....  

The above will mean millennials will send me on an anger management course...

Grrrrrrrrrrr

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

I had the misfortune to see a discussion on This Morning yesterday. Called

‘Are Fairy Tales sexist’? It basically envolved a snowflake saying that as Snow White didn’t given permission for her kiss it was abuse. And that all female characters in Fairy Tales needed updating to show strong female empowerment and that they didn’t need a Prince as this was unrealistic to real life.

The other classic last week was that you should ask your babies permission to change their nappy as this could be viewed as getting into their personal space and humiliating them. This should start immediately from birth. (No advice given for the period where they can’t talk).

Fairy Tales? Depends, doesn't it? I mean, I wouldn't read the original Basile version of Sleeping Beauty to kids, but the Disney versions are pretty much sanitized iirc. Is Cinderella lauded for outwitting her dimwit family, or hated for wanting to get married? I know what Twitter probably thinks! Anyhow, the wean loves Beauty and the Beast, which probably gets hated due to female roles in society or something, I dunno, but they just think the Beast is funny and like Garson falling to his death. :D

Also, I'd guess that leaving a baby in a soiled nappy would be far more humiliating.

4 hours ago, philheybrookbay said:

Dont get me started on this drag obsession on the scene either.

See, I think it's rather OTT to say the least, and was confused by the number of drag queens at any given night out, but... given Germaine Greer thinks drag is the equivalent of blackface, then... I'm quite happy for them to piss off overly precious folk like that! :lol:

I'm not really offended by much I can think of, tbh. Snowflakes is a term that's been killed from all meaning by the Express and Mail using it frequently for stuff which has nowt to do with offence. Millenial too, but it can be safely translated to "trustafarian middle class wankers, usually in London or other large cities, whose life experience is nothing to do with real life whatsoever".  Avocado Toast? Surely that's a hoax, says man who had to google what the fuck an Avocado is. [And who spelt the fucker wrong first time.] Minging looking fruit, apparently.

Anyhow, I do have a suggestion, it's that anyone who uses the term "check your privilege" online should be thrown into the nearest river. You'll probably see it, invariably used by those trustafarian wankers, to shut down any dissent from their POV on a topic from the folk who actually experience it. So they can be twitter journalist experts on poverty or race or gayness despite living off the Bank of Rich Mummy/Daddy and doing a bit of tourism around the matter. Fuckers, the lot of them - as you can see from them taking academic terms in the first place, misusing them, then throwing them at the average person to look smarter. Which is when folk on twitter without thinking tell Yoko Ono to watch her white privilege!

Anyhow, I digress...

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-45909635/mansize-tissue-to-housewife-pillowcase

A video asking peoples opinions. The older couple only ones speaking sense. One woman in the vid is an embarrassment feel sorry for anyone who gets with her.

All those folk marching in London :D

Some are claiming to be adults lolololololol :lol:

• Haha 1

Not sure if this fits in here, but

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45926322

Cate Blanchett has defended straight actors playing gay roles in film and TV.

Hollywood has been criticised for giving LGBT roles to straight actors and earlier this year Scarlett Johansson pulled out of playing a trans character following a backlash.

Blanchett played a lesbian in 2015's Carol.

She said: "I will fight to the death for the right to suspend disbelief and play roles beyond my experience."

The Australian actress disagrees with the idea that a performer only really knows a character if they have shared experiences.

Quite right too.  It's called acting, for fuck's sake. 

Let's take the criticism to its logical conclusion.  What if we say heterosexual roles should only be played by heterosexual actors?

Or "cisgender" roles by .... you get the picture.

Bet that wouldn't go down well with the whiners.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Toast said:

Not sure if this fits in here, but

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-45926322

Quite right too.  It's called acting, for fuck's sake. 

Let's take the criticism to its logical conclusion.  What if we say heterosexual roles should only be played by heterosexual actors?

Or "cisgender" roles by .... you get the picture.

Bet that wouldn't go down well with the whiners.

I'm glad you said that, it has been boiling my piss for an age now.

Things are becoming utterly fucking idiotic, I mean, even Jennifer Saunders, who was there at the 'alternative comedy' age in the late 70s/early 80s has questioned whether the stuff that was performed then could be performed now.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/cheltenham-literature-festival-jennifer-saunders-says-trolls-are-killing-tv-comedy-0r0s6d5c2

When you consider that her generation of performers pretty much swept away the Bernard Mannings and traditional stand up that was seen to be racist and pretty much all that belonged in the bin with The Black and White Minstrel show, it really hits home just how utterly fucked up things have become.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Things are becoming utterly fucking idiotic, I mean, even Jennifer Saunders, who was there at the 'alternative comedy' age in the late 70s/early 80s has questioned whether the stuff that was performed then could be performed now.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/cheltenham-literature-festival-jennifer-saunders-says-trolls-are-killing-tv-comedy-0r0s6d5c2

When you consider that her generation of performers pretty much swept away the Bernard Mannings and traditional stand up that was seen to be racist and pretty much all that belonged in the bin with The Black and White Minstrel show, it really hits home just how utterly fucked up things have become.

enforcing political correctness gives position and power to people who have no talent  and otherwise would have nothing

they only care about themselves

when for example to they help young girls abused by Pakistani gangs

• Like 1

Z finds a way around the halibut filter. ..

• Haha 3

Bingo.

I knew the seethe filled tears of the rich cunts that don't get their way wid bring fruit.

And it did.

wk3ipt.jpg

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Bernard manning was Hilarious and snowflakes don't seem to get it was an act.He done alot for charity and it not we'll known because he never bragged about it unlike todays luvvies.Watched him on the mrs merton show he ran rings around caroline aherne, richard wilson and the audience plants. They at one point were like why don't you be like us bernard we'll all like you more of you were PC like us. Like some cult / body snatcher mentality. Snowflakes also think its ok to tell englishman,irishman and scotsman jokes but add a pakistani or a black person as the punchline and its racist.Being able to laugh at yourself and taking the piss out of each other is very much a cultural thing. You can't do that with certain groups as they A) play the race card B ) get angry C ) get violent. 

Yeah, hope yer listening, notorious forum snowflake LFN. :lol:

Anyhow, Manning was overrated, and dated quickly, especially compared to Comedians era contemporaries like Frank Carson, Mike Reid and Jim Bowen, among others. And note all of them, even Bowen, got warm and fond praise when they died, none of the "controversial figure" hushed tones. Manning had comic timing, but so did Russ Abbott and he's as funny as a bout of lung cancer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, msc said:

Anyhow, Manning was overrated, and dated quickly, especially compared to Comedians era contemporaries like Frank Carson, Mike Reid and Jim Bowen, among others. And note all of them, even Bowen, got warm and fond praise when they died, none of the "controversial figure" hushed tones. Manning had comic timing, but so did Russ Abbott and he's as funny as a bout of lung cancer.

Manning was the most popular stand up comedian of his generation and made a very good living indeed working the Northern working mans clubs.

If he was overrated then that would be an opinion formed now looking back.  Manning was popular in his day, way more popular and wealthier than Reid and Bowen ( Carson was very popular TBF) and, maybe, the lack of gushing praise was, indeed, solely down to the fact that he was a bit of a c**t. Then again  to be dismissive of his undoubted success and popularity  is going down the same road as those that now want to ignore what Churchill did in the war and run with the probability that he had pigmies killed somewhere in Africa, or summat.

The past is the past,  we cannot judge history by the society and world we live in today yet that is exactly what is now happening.

It doesn't seem enough for a minority of very vocal wankstains to change today and tomorrow, they want to erase who fucking swathes of yesterday too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, msc said:

Oh, yes, I'm going to report you to a mod.

How hurtful!!!!!!:lol:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Manning was the most popular stand up comedian of his generation and made a very good living indeed working the Northern working mans clubs.

If he was overrated then that would be an opinion formed now looking back.  Manning was popular in his day, way more popular and wealthier than Reid and Bowen ( Carson was very popular TBF) and, maybe, the lack of gushing praise was, indeed, solely down to the fact that he was a bit of a c**t. Then again  to be dismissive of his undoubted success and popularity  is going down the same road as those that now want to ignore what Churchill did in the war and run with the probability that he had pigmies killed somewhere in Africa, or summat.

So what you're saying is he was the James Cameron of comics? Rich, popular and powerful but mostly shit? :lol:

Anyhow, thinking something overrated and dated isn't dismissive of success. The Rolling Stones invented being dated and overrated, but were clearly mega-successful.

Mentioned those other 3 as they all started in a similar style of humour to Manning - hell, Bowen never left it! - , but they were able to branch out in a way he didn't ie it's not just yer PC brigade, else every comic is fucked, and others clearly weren't.

48 minutes ago, msc said:

So what you're saying is he was the James Cameron of comics? Rich, popular and powerful but mostly shit? :lol:

Anyhow, thinking something overrated and dated isn't dismissive of success. The Rolling Stones invented being dated and overrated, but were clearly mega-successful.

Mentioned those other 3 as they all started in a similar style of humour to Manning - hell, Bowen never left it! - , but they were able to branch out in a way he didn't ie it's not just yer PC brigade, else every comic is fucked, and others clearly weren't.

Wanker!

No, Manning was actually very good in his day, you said he was overrated!!

In todays terms, he would not be seen to be funny, he would be run out of town and, honestly, towards the end of his career, he was a dinosaur in the type of material he was using, I agree.

That's all the more remarkable really because, as I previously mentioned, the likes of Saunders, Mayall, Richardson, Elton and 'the gang' were almost certainly responsible for his demise and others like him, yet they are being seen as outdated and offensive in equal measure by a new generation.

The fact that Reid went on to act and Bowen hosted Bullseye for a million years doesn't mean much as they were both shit at those other roles and that's not looking back, we knew they were shit at the time :D

19 hours ago, charon said:

All those folk marching in London :D

Some are claiming to be adults lolololololol :lol:

All those folk who voted Brexit, some of them claiming not be selfish deluded racists. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

I'm just glad I had the subtitles on and didn't have to hear her whiney voice.

That load of old shit exemplifies the gulf between intelligent thinking and knee jerking your way through life.

Exactly what kind of moron would compare Martin Luther King to Lily Allen? It's beyond me.

To clarify, why did she feel the need to apologise to a refugee for OUR lack of sympathy/action when we have taken in more refugees over the years ( those children and adults feeing the Nazis for a start ) than most of Europe put together?

Anyway, who watches that pile of crap The Mash Report? Fucking snowflakes, that's who. :)

4 hours ago, Deathray said:

All those folk who voted Brexit, some of them claiming not be selfish deluded racists. 

I accept that racists would have voted to leave.

You have to accept that the overwhelming majority were voting to ensure that our Government actually was allowed to govern and not just become some sort of parish council in the great scheme of things.

That is not selfish nor is it deluded.

That is democracy.

9 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

That load of old shit exemplifies the gulf between intelligent thinking and knee jerking your way through life.

Exactly what kind of moron would compare Martin Luther King to Lily Allen? It's beyond me.

To clarify, why did she feel the need to apologise to a refugee for OUR lack of sympathy/action when we have taken in more refugees over the years ( those children and adults feeing the Nazis for a start ) than most of Europe put together?

Anyway, who watches that pile of crap The Mash Report? Fucking snowflakes, that's who. :)

Image result for Lily Allen

10 minutes ago, runebomme said:

Image result for Lily Allen

A massive twat and a shit singer.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

our Government actually govern.

That is not deluded.

Am afraid it is. :D

Right, that's enough for now, else in a few weeks Quim Reaper will post asking "How come you made 1000 posts in 9 months?" and I'll have to say "because I wasted 990 posts taking the piss out of mostly LFN and/or charon!" B)

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Alf Dubs was on Radio 4 earlier this week arguing that the Britain that took all the refugees from the Nazis is a very different Britain from the one turning its back on all these child migrants now.

26 minutes ago, msc said:

Am afraid it is. :D

Right, that's enough for now, else in a few weeks Quim Reaper will post asking "How come you made 1000 posts in 9 months?" and I'll have to say "because I wasted 990 posts taking the piss out of mostly LFN and/or charon!" B)

You fucking wish  coffee3.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1