Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Toast

Guess The Song

Recommended Posts

Just now, YoungWillz said:

@Cat O'Falk Too easy!

 

It was a bit, I was hot on Cat's hind paws but couldn't resist listening to it first  :D

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's amazing how powerful the original was as a solo, with no offence to the Almond/Pitney version, and yet it was the duet that got to #1! Astonishing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is a great song tbf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got another but it's unfair to go again.....:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One could say that I like the band's name and this single was released twice in the same year in the mid-nineties. The first release peaked just outside the top 50 in the UK and the second release, just outside the top 10. A housing estate in Liverpool was apparently behind the inspiration for the song.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cat O'Falk said:

One could say that I like the band's name and this single was released twice in the same year in the mid-nineties. The first release peaked just outside the top 50 in the UK and the second release, just outside the top 10. A housing estate in Liverpool was apparently behind the inspiration for the song.

Can't find anything by the Butthole Surfers that fits....:lol:

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

It's amazing how powerful the original was as a solo, with no offence to the Almond/Pitney version, and yet it was the duet that got to #1! Astonishing.

Agree 100%.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cat O'Falk said:

One could say that I like the band's name and this single was released twice in the same year in the mid-nineties. The first release peaked just outside the top 50 in the UK and the second release, just outside the top 10. A housing estate in Liverpool was apparently behind the inspiration for the song.

Space and Neighbourhood.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, redrumours said:

Space and Neighbourhood.

 

Correct!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Son of a film star led this outfit to number one with this classic from the mid 90's'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, redrumours said:

Son of a film star led this outfit to number one with this classic from the mid 90's'

 

Mr Blobby's dad was a film star? Well I never knew that!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, redrumours said:

Son of a film star led this outfit to number one with this classic from the mid 90's'

Should have said number 2 off a number 1 Album.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, redrumours said:

Son of a film star led this outfit to number one with this classic from the mid 90's'

 

That sounds like Hayley Mills's boy Crispian and Kula Shaker.  I have to confess that I don't remember any of their songs though!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Toast said:

 

That sounds like Hayley Mills's boy Crispian and Kula Shaker.  I have to confess that I don't remember any of their songs though!

Nearly Korrect!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redrumours said:

Nearly Korrect!

That must be Hey Dude from K, then.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, time said:

That must be Hey Dude from K, then.

Yep.Your turn.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This UK top-10 hit was the only real chart success* for this legendary US band, though they fared much better on their side of the water, where it reached number 1, back in the latter half of the 70s.

 

*if real chart success is being defined as reaching the top-40.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, time said:

This UK top-10 hit was the only real chart success* for this legendary US band, though they fared much better on their side of the water, where it reached number 1, back in the latter half of the 70s.

 

*if real chart success is being defined as reaching the top-40.

 

The Knack - My Sharona

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

blue oyster cult - don't fear the reaper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

The Knack - My Sharona

That’s not the song I’m thinking of. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

blue oyster cult - don't fear the reaper?

Neither is that.

 

Eta: Wikipedia tells me this didn't reach no. 1 in the US, nor the top 10 in the UK.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a further clue in my original post which may help and has so far been overlooked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Styx - Babe?

 

Edit: River Styx - side of the water?

Fared - pay the fare to cross?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Styx - Babe?

 

Edit: River Styx - side of the water?

Fared - pay the fare to cross?

We have a winner!

 

over to you.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use