Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

Who Will Thomas Jefferson Survives 100th Hit Be?

Who Will Thomas Jefferson Survives 100th Hit Be?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Decided to do a poll to guess the 100th hit of one of the all time dead pooling greats. I believe he's currently at 88 hits in total if my math is correct, so with his track record I think it's likely he gets to 100 total hits. Only 19 names though in the poll, as Qaboos is already a hit for him. 

Personally I'm going for Scruton as he can have a hit to celebrate that achievement with.

I've gone for sods law. The big Jeopardy fan's century hit will be later in 2020 with Alex Trebek.

12 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Decided to do a poll to guess the 100th hit of one of the all time dead pooling greats. I believe he's currently at 88 hits in total if my math is correct, so with his track record I think it's likely he gets to 100 total hits. Only 19 names though in the poll, as Qaboos is already a hit for him. 

Personally I'm going for Scruton as he can have a hit to celebrate that achievement with.

If he's at 88 you can get back to us next year.

Just now, Sir Creep said:

2019: 14 hits

2018: 12 hits (would've been 13 under current obit rules and 14 if the Independent was still around)

2017: 15 hits

2016: 16 hits 

2015: 12 hits

2014: 7 hits 

2013: 11 hits

As you can see, he generally has a good track record of hits, and has only gotten better overtime. So it's likely that he's able to get at least 13 hits in 2020...

Well, getting the 100th career hit and getting a hit with a US President are my two big DDP goals now, so voted for Carter to kill two birds with one stone

1 minute ago, Death Impends said:

Well, getting the 100th career hit and getting a hit with a US President are my two big DDP goals now, so voted for Carter to kill two birds with one stone

Oh!  I was just going to type Jimmy Carter as he came out on top of my randomised list.

So running it again .... it's Terry Jones.

Some other 85+ hit totals for various notable DDP outfits as of 1/1/20. Teams in bold broke 100 hits in 2019:

The Living End: 141

Deceased Hose: 114

Drunkasaskunk: 112

Dead Ends: 107
JoeRam: 104

New Years And Drinks All Night!: 102

The Misers: 100

Wormer, He's A Dead Man! Niedermier Dead! Marmalard Dead!: 98

Madonna's Hand of Bod: 96
Ethnic Cleansing: 95
Deathlist.net: 95

This Mortal Coil: 95

Carkers Convention 2019: 94
Going Underground: 94

STAB in the DARK: 91

Poochie Died On The Way Back To His Home Planet: 91
Eejit: 90

Mr C: 89

Heading Nowhere: 87

Thomas Jefferson Survives: 87
Gray Panthers: 86

Octopus of Odstock: 85

David Quantick's Showbiz Pals: 85

• Thanks 1

After a quick totting up, I think I'm on 80, or 82 if we count those without a QO.

Keeping an eye on Spade, Chorizo, GU and Maryport there as forum regulars creeping up.

79 for Toast, btw, but another to keep tabs on imo - esp as she has a higher criteria for picking than most teams.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, msc said:

79 for Toast, btw, but another to keep tabs on imo - esp as she has a higher criteria for picking than most teams.

Thank you.  I had Sultan Qaboos too, so he makes it 80.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Toast said:

Thank you.  I had Sultan Qaboos too, so he makes it 80.

Ah, yes, I do have that down on my prelim front page notes for 2020. Complete with godawful pun!

So far I count 9 DDP hits, 1 name looking for an obit (Last), and 4 List of the Missed names (Acorah, Peart, Buck Henry and Tom Alexander).

We appear to have had 4 changes of lead already, with House of Soon To Be With the Lord currently top, as far as I am aware.

• Like 3

This is the one record I don't want to let go of :unsure:

17 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Welp, looks like I jinxed him. He’s hit 89

Sad death of Terry Jones makes TJS at 90 now...

Voted Lars Hogh

On 27/01/2020 at 18:02, gcreptile said:

Voted Lars Hogh

Hogh is still alive, but this is a case right out of Sir Creep's oft mocked "I beat cancer" brigade.

Footballer who had pancreatic cancer but had surgery on it, remission. TV channel made documentary about his beating cancer to go back to work. IN between the filming of the doc and the TV broadcast this week, he relapsed.

I think he’s currently at 94 hits? Already noted Scruton and Jones after I started the thread, and since then Andretti, Doleman, P-Orridge, and Shurer scored for him...

Just now, Lafaucheuse said:

Can someone explain to me Who is TJS ? I never saw him here...

Thomas Jefferson Survives is my DDP team name

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Thomas Jefferson Survives is my DDP team name

Ooh great thanks then ! 

On 21/05/2020 at 16:01, Joey Russ said:

I think he’s currently at 94 hits? Already noted Scruton and Jones after I started the thread, and since then Andretti, Doleman, P-Orridge, and Shurer scored for him...

So John Lewis was 95, Frankie Banali was 96, and Pat Smullen was 97. He only need 3 more hits this year to reach 100, but the clock is slowly ticking...

On 12/01/2020 at 01:22, Sir Creep said:

20 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So John Lewis was 95, Frankie Banali was 96, and Pat Smullen was 97. He only need 3 more hits this year to reach 100, but the clock is slowly ticking...

Scenes if Sir Creep turns out most accurate...