Miracle Aligner

Football Manager Sacking Bingo 2

At least Bournmouth sacking Scott Parker means that Brendan Rodgers isn't the first PL casualty of the season

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

At least Bournmouth sacking Scott Parker means that Brendan Rodgers isn't the first PL casualty of the season

Can't even win that award!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, msc said:

Can't even win that award!

Harsh in the last 18 months won FA Cup, Community Shield and reached a plastic European Semi-Final

Compare that with a randomly selected other Premier League club like say Spurs............

6 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Harsh in the last 18 months won FA Cup, Community Shield and reached a plastic European Semi-Final

Compare that with a randomly selected other Premier League club like say Spurs............

To be fair he also managed Celtic to a bunch of them.

Joke still stands. :D

• Like 1

Graham Potter was a hit for @Miracle Aligner, taking him to 15.

However, that's too little too late, as it looks as though we have a winner! The BBC reports that Paul Warne is set to leave Rotherham to take over at Derby, and whilst that's a hit for four of the five teams, it's a 20th and final hit for our champion... @RoverAndOut! Congratulations Rover, a well-deserved win!

Final scores

Miracle Aligner 16

@msc 16

@Great Uncle Bulgaria 17

BuffaloPhil 19

RoverAndOut 20

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Graham Potter was a hit for @Miracle Aligner, taking him to 15.

However, that's too little too late, as it looks as though we have a winner! The BBC reports that Paul Warne is set to leave Rotherham to take over at Derby, and whilst that's a hit for four of the five teams, it's a 20th and final hit for our champion... @RoverAndOut! Congratulations Rover, a well-deserved win!

Final scores

Miracle Aligner 16

@msc 16

@Great Uncle Bulgaria 17

BuffaloPhil 19

RoverAndOut 20

Clearly I'm behind the curve! I just came here to post this quote from a BBC article regarding the Derby manager's situation:

"It is understood Rotherham boss Paul Warne is someone who interests the Derby hierarchy, although he is also being linked with vacancies at Cardiff and Huddersfield."

And was about to sat the end may be nigh! Seems its now even nigher! Thank God. That took far too long truth be told - Watford have had about 5 manager's in the time this game's been running!

• Like 2

Congrats Rover and Out.

chuffed with 3rd, got no hope of ever getting on the rostrum in a deadpool...

• Like 1

Heyrettin out at Maidstone, Elokobi caretaker.

4 months after the game ended still got 2 in post. Ironically my last 3 standing are/were all non-league, wasn't expecting that given the amount of money around at that level.

Maybe they can't afford to sack people.

• Like 2

Paul Doswell out at Havant & Waterlooville.

Just Danny Bloor at Eastbourne left now.....

• Like 1

Do we fancy giving this another go for the start of the new season? I doubt the current turnover in managers is going to slow down any time soon, so one would hope the next game should be shorter. 55 of the 92 clubs in the Premier League and EFL have changed manager in the past year. 72 of the 92 have done it in the past 2 years. And there'll be more by the end of the season I'd imagine. Just a thought...

• Like 1

I'd like to play if there's another round.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Do we fancy giving this another go for the start of the new season? I doubt the current turnover in managers is going to slow down any time soon, so one would hope the next game should be shorter. 55 of the 92 clubs in the Premier League and EFL have changed manager in the past year. 72 of the 92 have done it in the past 2 years. And there'll be more by the end of the season I'd imagine. Just a thought...

Do you fancy running it RAO? If not, I'm happy to, but because I'm a lazy cunt I'd limit it to the 92 - too much hassle trying to find out if Shitsville FC have sacked their manager.

43 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

Do you fancy running it RAO? If not, I'm happy to, but because I'm a lazy cunt I'd limit it to the 92 - too much hassle trying to find out if Shitsville FC have sacked their manager.

Could be tempted to. Relatively low maintenance, monthly updates and if Scottish and non-league managers are included, I'd assume those who pick then will be quick enough to let me know if they're sacked. :D

Think I'll wait til August anyway, let all the end of season changes happen and go from there.

• Like 4

Given everyone who was going to change manager has done so by now and several leagues kick off in just over a week's time, think the time to be submitting teams for the next round is nearly upon us.

Does the offer still hold RAO? I don't mind doing it if neither you nor BP want to.

• Like 2

My offer stands, but still with the proviso above. If either of you want to do it with a wider scope, please feel free.

On 07/04/2023 at 22:57, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Paul Doswell out at Havant & Waterlooville.

Just Danny Bloor at Eastbourne left now.....

Danny Bloor out at Eastbourne following a takeover of the club.

I cross the round 2 finishing line a mere 10 months after the winner and just in time for the start of round 3.

3 hours ago, BuffaloPhil said:

My offer stands, but still with the proviso above. If either of you want to do it with a wider scope, please feel free.

My team is in National League South so I'd quite like to be able to include clubs at that level. Happy to run it to include them (and Scottish leagues and top leagues in Wales, NI and RoI if anyone is so inclined).

RAO, do you want to run it? If so, be my guest. If not, I'll get something out at the end of the week.

• Like 1