Miracle Aligner

Football Manager Sacking Bingo 2

Half that laugh is for the length of your link....

1 hour ago, maryportfuncity said:

Some funny shit re Newcastle

"Zero hours contracts at Sports Direct!"

"What about public beheadings?"

"Don't fucking mind about that, it's fucking miles away!" :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, En Passant said:

Half that laugh is for the length of your link....

Well, aye - but it works

27 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well, aye - but it works

Interesting. I was gonna stand on that Poxy Pedant Pedestal (that alliteration is woeful) by linking it, however that doesn't work for some reason :huh:

Ok, tinyurl then :P (No I wouldn't have bothered either, so I'll stfu now).

Coming as a surprise to absolutely no-one. I do like the phrase 'mutually consented out'

4 hours ago, time said:

Coming as a surprise to absolutely no-one. I do like the phrase 'mutually consented out'

In other words "you are sacked, but don't slag us off and we'll give you a hefty pay-off"

13 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The real skill will be working out where Steve Bruce will get his next job

I don't think he did that bad a job there. When Saint-Maximin and Wilson are injured it's a pretty limited squad. They finished comfortably in about 12th last season after a poor first half which was arguably quite an achievement. Klopp/Guardiola/Mourinho wouldn't have got that squad challenging for Europe.

Neil Warnock isn't doing any better than mid-table with Middlesbrough. He's 70-odd and will probably get fed up and retire soon, Bruce could go there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

I don't think he did that bad a job there. When Saint-Maximin and Wilson are injured it's a pretty limited squad. They finished comfortably in about 12th last season after a poor first half which was arguably quite an achievement. Klopp/Guardiola/Mourinho wouldn't have got that squad challenging for Europe.

Neil Warnock isn't doing any better than mid-table with Middlesbrough. He's 70-odd and will probably get fed up and retire soon, Bruce could go there.

To me he seems to be a great manager if you want to get promoted from the Championship

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

To me he seems to be a great manager if you want to get promoted from the Championship

Historically yes, although he's been there over a year now and a promotion push isn't looking likely. Guess the more recently ex-premier league clubs have more money to spemd then Boro.

3 minutes ago, Great Uncle Bulgaria said:

Historically yes, although he's been there over a year now and a promotion push isn't looking likely. Guess the more recently ex-premier league clubs have more money to spemd then Boro.

I was thinking Bruce but the same applies to Warnock 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The real skill will be working out where Steve Bruce will get his next job

No secret they've paid his contract off in full so £8 million might give him pause for thought about how badly he needs the next job - frankly, director of football somewhere whilst some other less fortunate soul gesticulates from the dugout might grab him now!

• Like 1

So, Carlisle got rid of Chris Beech and our new saviour (we're third bottom so that's what we need) is Keith Millen, 55. This is his eighth managerial appointment (though only the second if you discount the caretaker roles), he hasn't managed since May 2018 and his "honours" as a manager begin and end with one manager of the month award in 2010. Win rate from all managerial appointments to date = 33.33%

Who'll give me until the end of February? 

Link: https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/19676203.keith-millen-driven-demanding-manager-carlisle-united/

58 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, Carlisle got rid of Chris Beech and our new saviour (we're third bottom so that's what we need) is Keith Millen, 55. This is his eighth managerial appointment (though only the second if you discount the caretaker roles), he hasn't managed since May 2018 and his "honours" as a manager begin and end with one manager of the month award in 2010. Win rate from all managerial appointments to date = 33.33%

Who'll give me until the end of February? 

Link: https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/19676203.keith-millen-driven-demanding-manager-carlisle-united/

Yeah, well, I do wonder why some of these managers wax lyrical about what they want and expect when their careers have been, well, a bit shit.

Shutting the fuck up, keeping your head down and being grateful that some mugs on a board have given you a job.....

Anyway, we have Nuno in charge at the Lane, this is despite Levy banging on about the club DNA and all of that bollocks.

I wonder who will get shown the door first out of those two? :sherlock:

2 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

Yeah, well, I do wonder why some of these managers wax lyrical about what they want and expect when their careers have been, well, a bit shit.

Shutting the fuck up, keeping your head down and being grateful that some mugs on a board have given you a job.....

Anyway, we have Nuno in charge at the Lane, this is despite Levy banging on about the club DNA and all of that bollocks.

I wonder who will get shown the door first out of those two? :sherlock:

That said, the average Carlisle fan (if such a creature exists) would happily swap our managerial/board/budget issues with Spurs!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

That said, the average Carlisle fan (if such a creature exists) would happily swap our managerial/board/budget issues with Spurs!

Yes, fair point!

Barnsley have also sacked Markus Schopp... but he was only appointed in June so like Nuno, isn't part of this game.

Strange, Norwich win and Farke's out!

8 minutes ago, time said:

Makes me think they must have a replacement lined up. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Makes me think they must have a replacement lined up. 

Aye, cut out the middleman and Delia herself takes over!

1 hour ago, time said:

They must have told him to Farke off.