Miracle Aligner

Football Manager Sacking Bingo 2

After the first round officially came to and end earlier this month with the sacking of Lee Johnson, lets get cracking with Season 2. 

With confirmation that the Premier League will start on the 12th September and that the Championship will start between 29 August or 12 September and the .... 

To avoid a bunch of easy pickings with the season ending firings that are bound to come after the Championship and Premier League final days, the round 2 submission deadline will be on the 1st August 2020 at FA Cup KO (usually 17:00 possibly 17:30) so I can compile a master-list while watching it :P  

Rules

1. Submit a team of 20 names. Please please submit as many substitutes as you possibly can - as we're in end of season especially if you are entering early! You need 20 names still managing the club you selected them for as of game start. Ask @msc if you want to know how easy it is to fall foul of this rule. (I recommend anywhere from 5 to 15 substitutes!) 
  2. The first person to have all 20 names they chose leave their club (this can be due to resignation, termination, mutual termination or any other form of sacking) wins. It's as simple as that. 
  3. A club competing in these leagues or due to be promoted to or relegated from a valid league as of the cut off date is valid regardless of if they get relegated or promoted (a quick glance suggests with the exception of the Championship that will be settled before the FA Cup final and the Championship doesn't really matter for eligibility as it relegates and promotes to valid leagues). 

Valid Leagues are

• English Premier League
  • English Championship
  • English League One
  • English League Two
  • English National League
  • English National League North
  • English National League South
  • Scottish Premiership
  • Scottish Championship
  • Scottish League One
  • Scottish League Two
  • Welsh Premier League
  • Welsh Cymru Alliance League
  • Northern Irish Football League Premiership
  • Northern Irish Football League Championship

Good luck. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Rules

1. Submit a team of 20 names. Please please submit as many substitutes as you possibly can - as we're in end of season especially if you are entering early! You need 20 names still managing the club you selected them for as of game start. Ask @msc if you want to know how easy it is to fall foul of this rule. (I recommend anywhere from 5 to 15 substitutes!) 

Aye, remind me in 14 days time.

For newcomers, last time I put in a team, was away for a week doing work stuff, and came back to find some wanker got fired 2 days previously and my team was out.

• Haha 1

1. Daniel Farke

2. Nigel Pearson   Steve Bruce

3. Gerhard Struber

4. Tony Mowbray

5. Phillip Cocu

6. Grant McCann

7. Sabri Lamouchi

8. Alex Neil

9. Mark Warburton

10. Mark Bowen

11. Slaven Bilic

12.  Pep Guardiola

13. Paul Warne

14. Joey Barton

15. Michael Duff

16. Richie Wellens

17. Dean Smith

18. Darren Ferguson

19. Lee Bowyer

20. David Artell

subs

Michael Flynn

Mark Robins

Matt Taylor

Sam Ricketts

John Askey

Brian Barry-Murphy

Edited by BuffaloPhil
Replaced Pearson with Bruce (1-8 13:45)

Cheers @BuffaloPhil

I'll check that a bit closer to the deadline. (Primarily because I'll be amazed if half that relegation fodder makes it that long :P

Meanwhile my teams been sent to msc for safe keeping.

Danny Cowley has been sacked by Huddersfield Town seems harsh seeing as he kept them up could of least let him manage final game to of the season. 

5 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Cheers @BuffaloPhil

I'll check that a bit closer to the deadline. (Primarily because I'll be amazed if half that relegation fodder makes it that long :P

Meanwhile my teams been sent to msc for safe keeping.

My #2 pick's gone within 5 hours :lol:

7 minutes ago, BuffaloPhil said:

My #2 pick's gone within 5 hours :lol:

Not officially confirmed yet but unsurprisingly was also on my team. Bizarre doesn't cover it if they go ahead to sack him with 2 games to go in the season when they haven't even been officially relegated yet and have a decent chance of staying up. :lol:

BT Sport commentator on the Bournemouth/Southampton game going 'Nigel Pearson will be enjoying his Sunday lunch at home seeing that goal go in' with Southampton's goal to be followed up minutes later with 'I mentioned Nigel Pearson will be enjoying his Sunday lunch - we're just hearing he's been hearing he's been sacked by Watford so obviously won't be enjoying his Sunday lunch' is commentary of the season. 

• Haha 1

Also reports Nigel Pearson to be sacked and replaced for final 2 games of season, I wouldn’t want to be the one to tell him. 

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Fergie86 said:

Also reports Nigel Pearson to be sacked and replaced for final 2 games of season, I wouldn’t want to be the one to tell him. 

The last team to sack Nigel Pearson after he saved them from relegation won the Premiership the following season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The last team to sack Nigel Pearson after he saved them from relegation won the Premiership the following season.

I can’t see that happening again with Watford somehow, Liverpool too strong, City will come bouncing back, Chelsea will improve, Man.United even after today’s disaster have a devastating front line sort out of the goalkeeper and defence and they should do better. 

Leicester only won League because all the big teams were in transition and won it with one of lowest points totals in years, it was great but it was a one off once in a lifetime season.Too much money since Premier League started l know teams like Cloughie’s forest did it 40 years ago but those days are gone will now always be one of the big boys who wins it with money, unless a takeover happens and some owner brings another club into the mix. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, Fergie86 said:

I can’t see that happening again with Watford somehow, Liverpool too strong, City will come bouncing back, Chelsea will improve, Man.United even after today’s disaster have a devastating front line sort out of the goalkeeper and defence and they should do better. 

Leicester only won League because all the big teams were in transition and won it with one of lowest points totals in years, it was great but it was a one off once in a lifetime season.Too much money since Premier League started l know teams like Cloughie’s forest did it 40 years ago but those days are gone will now always be one of the big boys who wins it with money, unless a takeover happens and some owner brings another club into the mix. 

That's how Leicester won it......

Anyway as a Newcastle fan, I'm very very much hoping for a similar performance. Good to see Leeds up as well, they'll stay up and get big foreign money in a few years. 

1 hour ago, Miracle Aligner said:

That's how Leicester won it......

Anyway as a Newcastle fan, I'm very very much hoping for a similar performance. Good to see Leeds up as well, they'll stay up and get big foreign money in a few years. 

True they did but won’t happen again for a long time if ever. 

On 19/07/2020 at 14:58, Fergie86 said:

Pearson's contract wasn't renewed after another famous relegation escape. He managed Carlisle United on St Jimmy's Day (8 May 1999), when our on loan keeper scored a 96th minute goal to save our league status. The following season, statistically speaking, we went even closer to the Conference (as it then was). 

article-0-001A672200000258-655_634x467.j

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Pearson's contract wasn't renewed after another famous relegation escape. He managed Carlisle United on St Jimmy's Day (8 May 1999), when our on loan keeper scored a 96th minute goal to save our league status. The following season, statistically speaking, we went even closer to the Conference (as it then was). 

article-0-001A672200000258-655_634x467.j

That was sensational, Jimmy Glass is from my home town of Wimborne in Dorset, and is now a taxi driver back down here!

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

That was sensational, Jimmy Glass is from my home town of Wimborne in Dorset, and is now a taxi driver back down here!

Yeah, and once in a while (though not recently) he's turned out for the Carlisle  United London Branch football team to play other supporters before our away games. Never played in goal for us, usually got a run out up front!

Couple of quick questions on this:

1. Do they have to be sacked/resign or does moving on to another club count, e.g. Ian Evatt leaving Barrow to go to Bolton would've counted as him no longer being at Barrow?

2. The game kicks off next Saturday, does that mean managers sacked after then but during the close season count towards our total and aren't replaced by subs? :D

10 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Couple of quick questions on this:

1. Do they have to be sacked/resign or does moving on to another club count, e.g. Ian Evatt leaving Barrow to go to Bolton would've counted as him no longer being at Barrow?

2. The game kicks off next Saturday, does that mean managers sacked after then but during the close season count towards our total and aren't replaced by subs? :D

1. Moving counts. This came up a lot last time, if they leave the club they still count.

2. Anyone sacked after the FA Cup final kicks off is counted. Just starting after this week so the really obvious ones aren't snagged up in their droves. 

• Like 1

Steve Bruce will be away next season regardless if Newcastle are taken over or not.

7 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

1. Moving counts. This came up a lot last time, if they leave the club they still count.

2. Anyone sacked after the FA Cup final kicks off is counted. Just starting after this week so the really obvious ones aren't snagged up in their droves. 

MA, are you OK if I just edit my previous entry prior to the cup final? Or do you want a new, unedited post?

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

MA, are you OK if I just edit my previous entry prior to the cup final? Or do you want a new, unedited post?

Depends. If you want to complete revamp of the team PM me. If your subbing people who have already lost their jobs just cross 'em out and add extra subs to the bottom.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Miracle Aligner said:

Depends. If you want to complete revamp of the team PM me. If your subbing people who have already lost their jobs just cross 'em out and add extra subs to the bottom.

OK. I'll have a think in the week. Cheers

Curve ball in this manager sacking is how many clubs are so financially challenged that the manager's job will go when the club goes bust. 

Some apparently stable clubs (i.e. their on field performances aren't that tragic - like Wigan) could be toast if next season is devastated by Covid-19

• Like 2

On 27/07/2020 at 20:36, Miracle Aligner said:

Pearson's the only one who's gone, so I've just brought in Steve Bruce to replace him (for some reason I hadn't included him in my original team or subs!) No other changes.

• Like 1