DevonDeathTrip

Dennis Hopper

Dennis Hopper has been rushed to hospital.

The actor, 73, was wearing an oxygen mask when he was wheeled in.

Which reminds me of one of his most famous scenes.

Dennis Hopper is battling prostate cancer. A notoriously slow killer, but he might be one to keep an eye on for the years to come.

Dennis Hopper has revealed he's been suffering from prostate cancer for the last nine years.

Dennis Hopper is battling prostate cancer. A notoriously slow killer, but he might be one to keep an eye on for the years to come.

Dennis Hopper has revealed he's been suffering from prostate cancer for the last nine years.

Ah...

(the sound you can make out is me scribbling his name into my DDP team)

Not looking good for Dennis Hopper.

His manager, Sam Maydew, who confirmed the diagnosis earlier this month, yesterday insisted: “We’re hoping for the best.”

Sources close to Hopper, 73, who starred in classics such as Rebel Without A Cause and Easy Rider , revealed that he is in “agonising pain”.

One said: “He fears the end could be very close but he’s determined to stay on his feet. He’s a true fighter.”

Hopper, twice nominated for an Oscar, even managed to joke with photographers outside the University of Southern California Medical Centre after treatment last week. “It’s radical,” he said, “but I’m still standing.”

A friend said later: “He’s lost a lot of weight and looks very gaunt, with greying skin. We’re all praying the intense treatment works but things are looking bleak.”

He needs his own thread (hopefully a mod will merge all the posts here) and he should be seriously considered for the DL 2010. I think he'll be doing very well to see 2011.

Wow, the fact that Hopper's manager has said that they're "hoping for the best" in regards to Hopper's health likely means he's not doing well.

Prostate cancer usually is not as lethal as pancreatic or lung cancer, but it does kill and is itself a very agonizing form of cancer.

I'm definitely considering him for my 2010 DL. He's a huge Hollywood legend and is probably one of the biggest names in America. He'll be a huge loss. Perhaps he might pass away as soon as this year -- if he does, he'll probably be the biggest loss to Hollywood this year.

Not looking good for Dennis Hopper.

His manager, Sam Maydew, who confirmed the diagnosis earlier this month, yesterday insisted: “We’re hoping for the best.”

Sources close to Hopper, 73, who starred in classics such as Rebel Without A Cause and Easy Rider , revealed that he is in “agonising pain”.

One said: “He fears the end could be very close but he’s determined to stay on his feet. He’s a true fighter.”

Hopper, twice nominated for an Oscar, even managed to joke with photographers outside the University of Southern California Medical Centre after treatment last week. “It’s radical,” he said, “but I’m still standing.”

A friend said later: “He’s lost a lot of weight and looks very gaunt, with greying skin. We’re all praying the intense treatment works but things are looking bleak.”

He needs his own thread (hopefully a mod will merge all the posts here) and he should be seriously considered for the DL 2010. I think he'll be doing very well to see 2011.

This is from the National Enquirer. But I can't link to their site.

Dennis Hopper Ready To Die

Easy Rider legend Dennis Hopper fulfilled his final wish by finishing filming on his TV series Crash- and now the cancer-stricken actor is telling pals he's ready to die, sources say.

The 73-year-old star was diagnosed with prostate cancer in September, and the disease has metastasized to his bones, insiders say.

"Dennis has come to grips with the fact that the end is likely near," a close source told The ENQUIRER.

"He knew going into the last weeks of filming Crash that he was on borrowed time. His doctors had told him they were no longer able to contain the disease, and his condition had severely worsened."

Hopper - who starred in classic flicks Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet and Hoosiers - was rushed to a New York City hospital last September with severe flu-like symptoms.

By the end of October, he revealed he was battling prostate cancer.

Despite his diagnosis, the source said he was determined to complete production work on the second season of Crash, the critically acclaimed cable series based on the Oscar-winning 2004 film.

"Dennis missed three days on the set due to dehydration, but then he came back, got back on his mark and faced the camera. Really, it was some of the best acting he's ever done," the source said.

In a last ditch bid to beat the disease, Hopper - who has a 6-year-old daughter with his fifth wife Victoria Duffy, 42 - entered an experimental treatment program at USC Medical Center, the source said.

But his condition deteriorated, and he was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles before Christmas, the source added.

Before that, Hopper managed to finish editing a 546-page book of photographs taken by him, said another source.

"Dennis calls the book his legacy, and he's glad to see it completed," confided the source.

"He knows the end is near, but he's still the consummate professional that he's always been. Dennis has gotten his affairs in order and said his goodbyes."

I visited this thread to tell you that Hopper could well live with his disease for many, many years, I'm shocked to see how serious his condition is.

Shocked that I didn't even consider him for my DDP-team, that is.

I visited this thread to tell you that Hopper could well live with his disease for many, many years, I'm shocked to see how serious his condition is.

Shocked that I didn't even consider him for my DDP-team, that is.

Don't worry. He is probably just plugging his book. :)

Every year, there's always this one major celebrity that everybody is waiting on to die. Last year, it was Patrick Swayze. Year before, it was Charlton Heston and Sydney Pollack.

This year ... it's Dennis Hopper.

This is from the National Enquirer. But I can't link to their site.

Dennis Hopper Ready To Die

Easy Rider legend Dennis Hopper fulfilled his final wish by finishing filming on his TV series Crash- and now the cancer-stricken actor is telling pals he's ready to die, sources say.

The 73-year-old star was diagnosed with prostate cancer in September, and the disease has metastasized to his bones, insiders say.

"Dennis has come to grips with the fact that the end is likely near," a close source told The ENQUIRER.

"He knew going into the last weeks of filming Crash that he was on borrowed time. His doctors had told him they were no longer able to contain the disease, and his condition had severely worsened."

Hopper - who starred in classic flicks Easy Rider, Apocalypse Now, Blue Velvet and Hoosiers - was rushed to a New York City hospital last September with severe flu-like symptoms.

By the end of October, he revealed he was battling prostate cancer.

Despite his diagnosis, the source said he was determined to complete production work on the second season of Crash, the critically acclaimed cable series based on the Oscar-winning 2004 film.

"Dennis missed three days on the set due to dehydration, but then he came back, got back on his mark and faced the camera. Really, it was some of the best acting he's ever done," the source said.

In a last ditch bid to beat the disease, Hopper - who has a 6-year-old daughter with his fifth wife Victoria Duffy, 42 - entered an experimental treatment program at USC Medical Center, the source said.

But his condition deteriorated, and he was admitted to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles before Christmas, the source added.

Before that, Hopper managed to finish editing a 546-page book of photographs taken by him, said another source.

"Dennis calls the book his legacy, and he's glad to see it completed," confided the source.

"He knows the end is near, but he's still the consummate professional that he's always been. Dennis has gotten his affairs in order and said his goodbyes."

I guess he gonna die before February

Could only be Days. Even Docs are say hopes are "fading".

Could be about to take his final ride with his "Chopper".

The norm is for dying celebs to go for a last minute marriage, so their beloved gets a share of the will. The good old Hopp, defying convention to the last.

The latest reports of the divorce seem to confirm that he will be dead very very soon. He has 'days to live', probably less than a month, according to some news sources.

Link

Do we get double points for Valentine's day? ;)

Yeah, bless the Rotten Deadpool, I've ditched Zelda Rubinstein in his favour. Hopping off soon if those reports are to be believed, her side of the divorce even arguing a combination of meds and illness makes him mentally unsound.

The latest reports of the divorce seem to confirm that he will be dead very very soon. He has 'days to live', probably less than a month, according to some news sources.

Link

Do we get double points for Valentine's day? ;)

I think he's trying to learn from Peter Sellers' mistake. He was in the process of divorcing Lynne Frederick before his death in 1980...he was too late!

Yeah, bless the Rotten Deadpool, I've ditched Zelda Rubinstein in his favour. Hopping off soon if those reports are to be believed, her side of the divorce even arguing a combination of meds and illness makes him mentally unsound.

I've done exactly the same thing. I don't agree with the rule that you can change, but I'm sure as hell going to take advantage of it!

I've done exactly the same thing. I don't agree with the rule that you can change, but I'm sure as hell going to take advantage of it!

Fair enough Lardy, rules is rules. Everyone has the same chance in that deadpool. So far, he's the only stone-gone cert who's taken a significant step forward in January. Leon Russell looks like he'll see 2011 as things stand at the moment.

Smells like gametime....I'll take Feb 8th.

January 25th in my birthday, and he might actually be gone by that date, so I guess I'd pick that, if I were inclined to such things. Hopper, however, is the one on my DDP list who I most hope has a healthy recovery... sadly, it doesn't look to be the case, which is too bad because I always found him to be such an entertaining actor.

I give him a couple of weeks..

2nd February...

I give him a couple of weeks..

2nd February...

Me to, February 4th