Grim Reaper

Pete Seeger

I think he may be the worlds oldest active musician? He's an inspired pick regardless

• Like 1

Let's hope his 2012 cover version of Dylan's "

" is wishful thinking, although I have to admit he doesn't look like an ailing 93 year old in the video :unsure:

I think his odds of lasting through the year are good but at least he can bring some interesting convo to the table.

He made my long-list but didn't make the cut.

He won't last the year.

Love him, he's a liberal...

A commie even, or he was at one point. A few yanks will be rubbing their hands with glee I suspect...

• Like 1

American folk singer now 93...

I don't see him going any time soon. He's still a vital and active man doing tons of things. Still there are times when these are ideal candidates because nobody is expecting them to croak.

Guest harry

the sooner the better

Guest nu yawkah

can't happen fast enough. bring his damned clearwater boat with him to sail the river Styx.

Guest Guest

I conidently predict that Pete Seegar will live for many years to come :)

Here's hoping he can hold on another few weeks as they are getting ready for the annual Clearwater Hudson River Revival the weekend of the 15th/16th and he's scheduled to perform some of his favorites and classics.

About The Festival Clearwater's Great Hudson River Revival

"2013 Clearwater Festival will take place on Saturday and Sunday, June 15 and 16 at Croton Point Park in Croton-on-Hudson, Westchester County, NY. Festival gates open to attendees at 9AM.

clear.gif

Clearwater’s Great Hudson River Revival (aka “the Clearwater Festival” or “Revival”) features seven sustainably powered stages with diverse music, dance, storytelling and family-oriented programming as well as juried crafts, the Green Living Expo, the Working Waterfront with small boat exhibits and rides, an artisanal food & farm market, environmental education displays and exhibits, and the Circle of Song where audience participation is the focus. The festival is wheelchair accessible and most stage programming is staffed with American Sign Language interpreters.

clear.gif

Inspired by Pete Seeger’s desire to clean up the river over forty years ago,Clearwater’s Great Hudson River Revival initially helped raise the funds to build the sloop Clearwater, which has since become a world-renowned floating classroom and a symbol of effective grassroots action. Today, Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Inc. is a non-profit organization that sails at the forefront of the nation’s environmental challenges. The revenue raised by the Revival goes to support Clearwater’s numerous educational programs and its work toward environmental and social justice—as well as keeping the sloop Clearwater afloat."

Here's hoping he can hold on another few weeks as they are getting ready for the annual Clearwater Hudson River Revival the weekend of the 15th/16th and he's scheduled to perform some of his favorites and classics.

About The Festival Clearwater's Great Hudson River Revival

"2013 Clearwater Festival will take place on Saturday and Sunday, June 15 and 16 at Croton Point Park in Croton-on-Hudson, Westchester County, NY. Festival gates open to attendees at 9AM.

clear.gif

Clearwater’s Great Hudson River Revival (aka “the Clearwater Festival” or “Revival”) features seven sustainably powered stages with diverse music, dance, storytelling and family-oriented programming as well as juried crafts, the Green Living Expo, the Working Waterfront with small boat exhibits and rides, an artisanal food & farm market, environmental education displays and exhibits, and the Circle of Song where audience participation is the focus. The festival is wheelchair accessible and most stage programming is staffed with American Sign Language interpreters.

clear.gif

Inspired by Pete Seeger’s desire to clean up the river over forty years ago,Clearwater’s Great Hudson River Revival initially helped raise the funds to build the sloop Clearwater, which has since become a world-renowned floating classroom and a symbol of effective grassroots action. Today, Hudson River Sloop Clearwater, Inc. is a non-profit organization that sails at the forefront of the nation’s environmental challenges. The revenue raised by the Revival goes to support Clearwater’s numerous educational programs and its work toward environmental and social justice—as well as keeping the sloop Clearwater afloat."

I wouldn't be surprised to see Seeger gigging aged 100. Still, if he plays the festival it'll be videod and we can study form online. Nice to see Bruno in action above!

Well while Pete lingers on, his wife Toshi has died aged 91.

Often seems like couples who've been together for such long times are quick to follow one another to the grave. This might be the final push needed for old Pete.

He will hold on just long enough to avoid being a hit for the deathlist this year.

• Like 1

I think Pete will hang on, usually those that die right after their spouse aren't too well in the first place whereas he's still been out and about

Often seems like couples who've been together for such long times are quick to follow one another to the grave. This might be the final push needed for old Pete.

That's what I thought about Helmut Schmidt. His wife Loki died in October 2010 and they were married for 68 years. But he is still alive and "very well" - and he still has to smoke 38.000 cigarettes!!!

Edit: BUT he is still alive...

Guest Guest

My condolences to the Seegar family on their sad loss :(

Guest Peter Falk

Looking at the selection it can be said today's committee aint got the same soul like that old time rock and roll

Guest Guest

Wow.Didn't expect Pete Seeger to go for a while.he seemed to be in pretty good health for his age .Another legend gone

Guest Nick

Dead http://www.nytimes.c...dies-at-94.html

Another miss from 2013's list

Who are you referring to when you say "another"? I've just looked at the 2013 list and can't see anyone else that has died this month........

my bad, Sharon was on 2012, not 2013