Dying Probably

The Dead of 2021

46 minutes ago, Handrejka said:

The joker pick for my Scouse theme team. I think she was in my shadow list last year and would have been again next year, typically she was not this year.

Sorry for spoiling any unique pick points for her.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Italian actor Renato Scarpa know for Buddy Goes West (1980), I am starting from three (1981) and Un sacco bello (1980) has died at 82. R.I.P (1939 - 2021)

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.quotidiano.net/cronaca/renato-scarpa-morto-1.7199365&ved=2ahUKEwjv06_IoYz1AhWYhv0HHU11AhUQFnoECDsQAQ&usg=AOvVaw3sz0TTGCMaL4B5pVSbkUcf

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Can I just ask. DL 2021 is being declared as complete. So is each year defined by UTC, i.e. 2022 is deemed to have started at the midnight just gone here in the UK? It is however still 2021 for a few hours in the US. What if, say, Bob Newhart pops before midnight where he is?

Just now, Martyn Smith said:

Can I just ask. DL 2021 is being declared as complete. So is each year defined by UTC, i.e. 2022 is deemed to have started at the midnight just gone here in the UK? It is however still 2021 for a few hours in the US. What if, say, Bob Newhart pops before midnight where he is?

Probably wouldn't affect the 2022 list, considering he isn't on it.

2021's total would then be 13- and Betty White's obit would need to be tweaked slightly (they said it was the final hit of the year).

Just now, Drewsky1211 said:

Probably wouldn't affect the 2022 list, considering he isn't on it.

2021's total would then be 13- and Betty White's obit would need to be tweaked slightly (they said it was the final hit of the year).

Well indeed. So it is dependant on where that person is at the time. Thanks.

Is this going to be your new "DL niche" Crem, after retiring your others acts i.e. "the Queen has terminal cancer" and "Oh I wonder if this person will get a QO obit?".

I can see you're excited about your newly purchased Times subscription, but you're not the only one who can access their site on here! The nightclub owner is barely notable. Jimmy Cayne belongs in the businesspeople thread, and was already covered in there by Thatcher on 28 December.

• Haha 5

12 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Is this going to be your new "DL niche" Crem, after retiring your others acts i.e. "the Queen has terminal cancer" and "Oh I wonder if this person will get a QO obit?".

I can see you're excited about your newly purchased Times subscription, but you're not the only one who can access their site on here! The nightclub owner is barely notable. Jimmy Cayne belongs in the businesspeople thread, and was already covered in there by Thatcher on 28 December.

I’ve had a subscprtion for years I just decided to do it for 2022. 

I did search for Jimmy Cayne (as I did for everyone) but it didn’t show up as a phrase search as Thatcher used his real name James Cayne and of course there are so many Jimmy (mostly Carter) mentions that even a week ago is pages down. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

I’ve had a subscprtion for years I just decided to do it for 2022. 

Keep at it, it’s going down really well.

10 minutes ago, TQR said:

Keep at it, it’s going down really well.

I will stop through I will every day check the recent obituaries in case any of them are people mentioned on here previously and whose deaths haven’t been reported or have been reported but with a non Q/O source used. I want to ease the workload of the regular posters on here. 

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I will stop through I will every day check the recent obituaries in case any of them are people mentioned on here previously and whose deaths haven’t been reported or have been reported but with a non Q/O source used. I want to ease the workload of the regular posters on here. 

Maybe harness some of this effort and put it into getting yourself an avatar

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Joe Pasquini, nuclear test veteran, died aged 88 on August 6th 2021.

Times

No!!

I didn't think he was that old!!

p01gqpvh.jpg

• Haha 2