Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to confound sceptics and be its most powerful yet like a super strong enema in 2024 moreso than recent years equalling or even beating 2020

On 16/01/2023 at 19:58, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Would Lisa Marie Presley  fit your first prediction?

I think so yes ! But I wouldn’t be surprised if a more prominent singer pass away in the closing days of january. 

• Like 2

One thing I have observed over the not even three weeks that 2023 has been thus far comprised of is the sudden rise in notable deaths, or at least deaths of people I have heard of/common death pool picks. While I cannot be sure about the main list, which still sits at zero out of fifty deaths, 2023 could be a kind of enema as Gooseberry Crumble has been predicting for the last while and a half. 

In the last 19 days, Frank McGarvey, Gianluca Vialli, Adam Rich, Lisa Marie Presley, King Constantine II of Greece, George Pell, Jeff Beck, Robbie Knievel, Lucile Randon, David Crosby, Fay Weldon, David Sutherland, Ronald Blythe, Gina Lollobrigda, Carole Cook, Tatjana Patitz, etc. have all passed away. The ones named there total 16. In 19 days. 2023 has so far proven itself to be a major killer of celebrities, some expected, some shocking. I cannot predict the future, so I'm not going to prophecise the next 11 and a bit months, but it seems that Dead Pooling could be in for a record-breaking year.

• Like 4

On 19/01/2023 at 23:08, Summer in Transylvania said:

One thing I have observed over the not even three weeks that 2023 has been thus far comprised of is the sudden rise in notable deaths, or at least deaths of people I have heard of/common death pool picks. While I cannot be sure about the main list, which still sits at zero out of fifty deaths, 2023 could be a kind of enema as Gooseberry Crumble has been predicting for the last while and a half. 

In the last 19 days, Frank McGarvey, Gianluca Vialli, Adam Rich, Lisa Marie Presley, King Constantine II of Greece, George Pell, Jeff Beck, Robbie Knievel, Lucile Randon, David Crosby, Fay Weldon, David Sutherland, Ronald Blythe, Gina Lollobrigda, Carole Cook, Tatjana Patitz, etc. have all passed away. The ones named there total 16. In 19 days. 2023 has so far proven itself to be a major killer of celebrities, some expected, some shocking. I cannot predict the future, so I'm not going to prophecise the next 11 and a bit months, but it seems that Dead Pooling could be in for a record-breaking year.

And now another: The enema I here referred to.

3 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

And now another: The enema I here referred to.

Who is the other one ? Did I miss something 

On 19/01/2023 at 23:08, Summer in Transylvania said:

I think you are right. Last year was a record year for the DDP and I predict we will again see the record be surpassed. 

On 29/12/2022 at 21:30, theoldlady said:

Thank you very much. Best of luck to you in 2023. 

Very apt that the first 'hit' for the official DeathList was a former head of state. Looking like my intuitive feelings were on the right path.

I do  believe the committee will have a third success in February. 

• Like 1

On 18/01/2023 at 09:07, Lafaucheuse said:

I think so yes ! But I wouldn’t be surprised if a more prominent singer pass away in the closing days of january. 

Perhaps you were just slightly off target with the date and type of person and your hunch was more in the direction of a big figure in the world of music and song- eg world famous songwriter  Burt  Bacharach? A second 'hit' for the committee in less than a week.

• Like 1

On 30/12/2022 at 11:21, Lafaucheuse said:

health scare from our top survivor picks (Carter,

wasn't wrong on that one either

On 29/10/2022 at 01:58, arghton said:

It's been very quiet this year with the perennially ill nonagenarians though.

My "Big Seven" of living coffin teases:

Leslie Phillips (98, survivor of multiple strokes one of which needed him to be resuscitated, seizures, other ailments and has failed to make an appearance in 5 years, and he already looked like incredibly frail back then)

Jimmy Carter (97, metastatic cancer survivor who had three falls and a brain surgery in 2019, other ailments.)

Bob Barker (99, long health history that includes strokes, heart surgeries, cancers, falls, memory issues. Wheelchairbound the last time we saw him)

Violeta Chamorro (93, osteoporosis, already nearly wheelchairbound in the 1990s following a knee injury and spinal infection, suffering from brain tumors for more than a decade, severe stroke in 2018 and was reported last year to be suffering from late stage dementia. Bedbound)

Tin Oo (95, heart ailments, severe stroke and fall in May 2017, unable to talk or walk since, on oxygen with covid early this year)

V. S. Achuthanandan (99, suffering from lung&heart diseases five years ago, stroke in 2019, critical with acute gastroenteritis, kidney failure and dyselectrolytemia a year ago, survived covid early this year. Suffers from an unknown memory ailment and only rarely has lucid moments.)

Henry Kissinger (99, overweight, heart ailments including bypass surgery in 1983, heart attack in 2000, heart surgery in 2014, also hospitalised in 2010 and after a fall in 2013, was wheelchairbound a few years ago but can walk again)

Ithink they could go quickly one after another. I look forward to seeing who'll be the last man or woman standing though!

Carter next unless something unexpected happens - will they die from top to bottom? Who's there from less mentioned "people who've been dying/very ill for ages but aren't dead yet"? Drol and Tracy mentioned a few good ones back in October, how's Walt Brown alive looking at pictures from nearly two decades ago? Read somewhere a while ago that Yan Mingfu was already suffering from atleast myasthenia gravis in 2002.

Here's some more miracles/perennially ills:

C. R. Rao (102, unable to hold a knife on his 100th birthday. Wheelchairbound and frail for years. As far as I know only picked by one team in Centenarians DP this year)

Bobby Cox (81, severe stroke in 2019 and congestive heart failure in 2020...)

Tongolele/Yolanda Montes (91, suffering from dementia for 13 years or more)

M. S. Swaminathan (97, looked very frail a year ago when his wife died.)

Mihai Șora (106, some years ago he spent a whole month in ICU recovering from a surgery. Also said to be ill around a year ago. This year he's able to walk without aid and seems to be in good health)

Đorđe Mihailović (94, suffering from a serious lung disease for years)

Akihiro Miwa (87, after surviving Nagasaki has suffered from ailments related to radiation exposure his whole life, chronic bronchitis in the 1970s, in worsening health and according to doctors had three months to live in 1984, again twice very ill with "chronic illness" in the 1990s. Stroke in 2019, seemingly recovered perfectly)

Rabbi Erwin Schild (102, has been on oxygen for the last eight years yet still doing fine)

Sheikh Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah (96/97, morbidly obese earlier in life, already in failing health two decades ago with frequent hospitalisations and ICU visits, gravely ill with chronic ailments, gastrointestinal perforation and possible cardiac arrest and underwent tracheotomy in 2007, hospitalised for two and a half years, later hospitalised and gravely ill multiple times, fed through a tube)

Ed Iskendrian (101, the Camfather has been chainsmoking cigars for most of his life and still does, never really looked healthy)

Yuan Wei-jen (54, he's been a "vegetable" for four years now following a stroke and also suffers from a brain tumor, needs 24/7 care)

George Ali Murad Khan (89, shot through his stomach and right lung in the 1940s. Unable to hold a knife properly in recent images)

Vojo Stanić (99, more proof that cigar smokers don't always die young. Still smokes cigars daily.)

Y Điêng (95, seems to have aged backwards in recent years somehow, not Dieng yet)

Pasqual Maragall (82, suffering from Alzheimer's for 16 or 17 years)

U Win Htein (81, suffering from a plethora of different incurable ailments for years)

Nikolai Tarakanov (88, Chernobyl hero who needs eight different medications to treat radiation-related ailments)

Edit, more:

Akintola Williams (103, incredibly frail for more than a year)

Paavo Lipponen (81, some years ago he had seven heart operations a single year, long health history, aneurysm...)

Hal Lindsey (93, end times predictor who I've waited for a while to reach his own end. When he retired nearly four years ago he looked like he was falling apart.)

Lim Kean Chye (103, ultrafrail chainsmoker who hasn't been seen in over a year)

Ali Al-Sistani (92, the most notable liberal ayatollah with tons of heart problems for more than two decades)

• Like 3

In terms of the Official DeathList I am now sensing a large  glut of 'overdue'  deaths is pretty imminently.

Really getting that enema vibe in  my gut pretty strongly. 

• Like 1

I sense some imminents deaths too. Not sure about the official list but here is Who I think will go soon :

- Eugenia Cooney : I feel like she has weeks at most. 
- Ma Shitu : won’t be alive in september I think. I had the feeling he’d go in june.

- Bob Barker : will go in july. 
I also sense some of them won’t reach  september Feinstein, Chirac, Minnelli, Manolic, Keleti, Vic Seixas 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

We've had at least one hit every month bar January. 

I'm sensing a glut.  By overdue I mean slew of people  particularly ones like Jimmy Carter who many are surprised are still alive, rather than meaning one official death most months is an underperformance, which is not what I meant.

2 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I sense some imminents deaths too. Not sure about the official list but here is Who I think will go soon :

- Eugenia Cooney : I feel like she has weeks at most. 
- Ma Shitu : won’t be alive in september I think. I had the feeling he’d go in june.

- Bob Barker : will go in july. 
I also sense some of them won’t reach  september Feinstein, Chirac, Minnelli, Manolic, Keleti, Vic Seixas 

A busy summer for sure.

Gooseberry Crumble, any idea of the vibes on who the actual hits will be on the official DeathList? 

37 minutes ago, Steve said:

Gooseberry Crumble, any idea of the vibes on who the actual hits will be on the official DeathList? 

Personnaly, I’d go for Woodward, Kundera, Rollins or Harris. Carter will outlive on other hit I think. Maybe even someone random (Cleo Laine, Delors, Gall or Baxter ?)

4 hours ago, Steve said:

Well there are lots of strong or good candidates  but  Jimmy Carter aside, the ones were I get  the strongest feelings about are Alan Greenspan,  Joanne Woodward,  Nigel Starmer Smith, Jacques Delors and Jean Marie Le Pen.

So what are your thoughts/feelings away from the official DeathList? 

On 19/05/2023 at 08:47, Steve said:

So what are your thoughts/feelings away from the official DeathList? 

I think the DDP  is going to outperform  its annual total at the end of this year and have a particularly  busy summer.Particularly in the field of  figures from the world of political and heads of state and Old  Hollywood. 

But there is an impressive and amazing breadth and variety of names on the Derby Dead Pool. 

Busy summer indeed I agree. For me on the official DeathList I have predicted carnage on the thread Thoughts on the 2023 DeathList. With the 5 that have already perished in no particular order I predict we will still loose Woodward, Harris, J Carter, Ackland, Kundera, Delors, Starmer-Smith, Tebbit, Le Pen, Rollins, Lear, Gall, Baxter, Nolan, Barker, Murray and Newhart. I, like you Gooseberry Crumble also believe we will loose a lot of big names from the political sphere, a couple of surprise Hollywood names, a couple of big music names and a big name author. I may be being too positive for deadpoolers but I can genuinely see this happening.

On 18/05/2023 at 21:55, Gooseberry Crumble said:

[...]Jimmy Carter aside, the ones were I get  the strongest feelings about are Alan Greenspan,  Joanne Woodward,  Nigel Starmer Smith, Jacques Delors and Jean Marie Le Pen.

I haven't been able to find anything on Greenspan since January. Is there anything going on with him aside from being really old?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, polar duck said:

I haven't been able to find anything on Greenspan since January. Is there anything going on with him aside from being really old?

I don’t understand Why people slept on this pick. Of course he’s quite boring but he is famous enough and despite everyone saying he’s fine and looks good, I think he looked really frail in his last appearances. I do think he’ll die before 100. Also, Robert Solow is a stupid omission imo. 
For this summer, I can see Goosebery’s ans Steve’s prediction becoming true but I would be  a bit less enthusiastic and I don’t think the DL will break its records, neither do I see an advalanche of prominent deaths. The thing that I can feel is a rather young and prominent name dying from an accident or a non natural cause in mid-summer (see Naya River, Winehouse, Cory Monteith…). Should it be Jack Harlow or Zac Efron for example I wouldn’t be surprised

Some people here terrify me.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, polar duck said:

Not sure but he used to comment in the media much more frequently and its noticeable given all the recent important economic news of  recent years that he hasn't been a talking head on. 

Love your username by the way!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1