maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2022

Well done Banana. Good riddance Bishop. 

• Like 1

So, a couple of observations

1 - Seems unlikely now that a belated discovery of a death before Bishop will skew the final result, so BIG congratulations to the skilful and courageous Banana who won a tough competition fair and square. 

2 - Banana has been PM'd regarding whether consumer goods or a charitable donation is the best prize option but has yet to respond. I could - like - make a donation to Brinsworth House if I never hear back.

• Like 1

Fair play to Banana for opting for a charitable donation as a prize - duly gifted. I'll cop that I influenced the charity choice - UK's leading food bank charity - after our winner gave me a free hand in doing so. A good option, I think, in that it helps the most marginal to survive and - maybe - become dead poolers whilst likely doing little to aid any obitable type in distress. 

Receipt from The Trussell Trust

Receipt #ayesummatlikethat

AMOUNT PAID
£10.00

DATE PAID
January 23, 2022

PAYMENT METHOD
Visa - f'koff

SUMMARY

1142-A109374609   £10.00

Amount charged   £10.00

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Oh aye, and - feel free to make comments regarding how the pool could be improved etc. all of which will be considered before we allow this thread to sink into oblivion where it might well rub shoulders with previous Deathrace threads. 

• Like 1

On 01/02/2022 at 08:19, Sir Creep said:

Zamparini dead

Ah bollocks. Does that give me third place?

I thought he was a decent pick at the time. Then thought he was a really bad pick for the rest of the month once he left the hospital. Turns out he was a really good shout after all, just kept going a little too long. 

What's really annoying is that I have just broken my first rule of the Cup - when looking for Cup picks, start by looking at the survivors of your Deathrace team. Not sure that I would have picked him anyhow, but it is annoying that I didn't even consider him. 

14 minutes ago, An Fear Beag said:

What's really annoying is that I have just broken my first rule of the Cup - when looking for Cup picks, start by looking at the survivors of your Deathrace team. Not sure that I would have picked him anyhow, but it is annoying that I didn't even consider him. 

Don’t feel too bad - I looked at the survivors of your Deathrace team and didn’t pick him either! :D

• Haha 2

On 20/01/2022 at 16:01, drol said:

The Kaikala bastard has completely recovered!

Also with Paul Oebel on the mend I must need Frank Field or a very lucky strike...

Raging anti-vaxxer Paul Oebel dead, but way too late.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, drol said:

Raging anti-vaxxer Paul Oebel dead, but way too late.

I get your point...though whether his friends and family see it like that is debateable 

8 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I get your point...though whether his friends and family see it like that is debateable 

I'm with Drol. If his friends and family don't like it they should have convinced him of the error of his ways. Be an anti-vaxxer if you like, just have no contact with anybody, ever. It's not about you, it's about your impact on others.