Stayin Alive

Luciano Pavarotting.

Interestingly Nessun Dorma translates as "No Man Sleeps" (I think)

Translation courtest of aria-database.com:

No one sleeps! No one sleeps!

You too, O Princess!

in your chaste room

are watching the stars which

tremble with love and hope!

But my secret lies hidden within me,

no one shall discover my name!

Oh no, I will reveal it only on your lips,

when daylight shines forth

and my kiss shall break

the silence which makes you mine

(no one shall discover my name!

And we will have to die!)

Depart, oh night!

Fade away, you stars!

At dawn I shall win!

A friend was once sent to interview the big guy at his villa in Italy, apparently a very strange experience. He had to present a small gift to the bloated bawler before he would be allowed in his presence. The Pav was lying in a hammock in the gardern, but as he is rather on the large side, the 'trees' the hammock was slung from were, in fact, made from reinforced concrete. Pavarottis aide explained that the great lummox had to be addressed at all times as 'Maestro' so it was with his sense of the ludicrous somewhat heightened that he asked his first question. Onfortunately, when Mr P is not belting out arias, he has to rest his voice as much as possible, so his reply came out in a tiny piping warble which put the journo into a situation not unlike this

Pavarotti returns home, but is not sounding well.

Did you post this one OoO? Huh huh? Didya didya? <_<

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1773

Pictorial Evidence, CP. As David Coleman used to say "two-one!" <_<

Hard to tell from that picture. He looks like death in that picture but, given the condition he's recovering from, it certainly could be worth.

A friend was once sent to interview the big guy at his villa in Italy, apparently a very strange experience. He had to present a small gift to the bloated bawler before he would be allowed in his presence. The Pav was lying in a hammock in the gardern, but as he is rather on the large side, the 'trees' the hammock was slung from were, in fact, made from reinforced concrete. Pavarottis aide explained that the great lummox had to be addressed at all times as 'Maestro' so it was with his sense of the ludicrous somewhat heightened that he asked his first question. Onfortunately, when Mr P is not belting out arias, he has to rest his voice as much as possible, so his reply came out in a tiny piping warble which put the journo into a situation not unlike this

My that hurt my sides, still can't stop, love it, love it, love it. That bloke is so pissed off. <_<

I feel the tumor inside, I'm working on it

That's most interesting, for that itself contradicts earlier news that it had been completely removed. I think if he makes it, he might make a good DL 2007 candidate. Nice work Phantom!

I feel the tumor inside, I'm working on it

That's most interesting, for that itself contradicts earlier news that it had been completely removed. I think if he makes it, he might make a good DL 2007 candidate. Nice work Phantom!

"I was a fortunate and happy man," Pavarotti was quoted as saying. "After that, this blow arrived. And now I am paying the penalty for this fortune and happiness."

Or possibly The Almighty just hates fat bastards with an ego as large as themselves.

During the latest interview, he said he couldn't even bear to hear himself sing anymore. "I don't want to hear myself. If you invite me to dinner, and to please me, you put on one of my own recordings, I would walk out on you," Pavarotti was quoted as saying, without elaborating.

Wow! Pavarotti and I have more in common than I thought! That's exactly how I feel about his singing...

If he really can "feel the tumour inside me" literally, rather than metaphorically, then it suggests that the tumour is spreading rather fast. Pancreatic cancer is supposed to be hard to detect because the pancreas is surrounded by other, larger organs.

Maybe a large dose of morphine made him nod off during the interview, which is not a good sign.

He reckons the cancer is a "punishment for his good fortune". I never knew that's how it worked. You learn something new every day.

He reckons the cancer is a "punishment for his good fortune". I never knew that's how it worked. You learn something new every day.

I have heard this once before. Sometimes a life that is lived with pleasure or comfort may have a violent or negative twist to it. This can be argued about since some don't find death as a negative thing at all.

Apparently pancreatic cancer has one of the worst survival rates of any cancer. I'm definitely pencilling in Pav for my 2007 DDP team.

I have heard this once before. Sometimes a life that is lived with pleasure or comfort may have a violent or negative twist to it. This can be argued about since some don't find death as a negative thing at all.

Or it could just be that massively obese people are not only more likely to get cancer BS, but also less likely to have it detected early. Because they can't be bothered to drag their fat arse up to the hospital Because all of the extra body mass is more likely to hide any ominous shadows that would show up on an x-ray I'm guessing?

The fact that he refers to the cancer as a "punishment" suggests to me that he isn't entirely looking forward to his final resting place just yet. :(

Apparently pancreatic cancer has one of the worst survival rates of any cancer. I'm definitely pencilling in Pav for my 2007 DDP team.

Besides Lung Cancer.. Deathlist has lost a few canidates over the years to that. And a few that were not included. :birthday:

71 today.

Stone or years?

Either way fatso hasn't got long to go. I expect the pallbearers are already in training for the big lift.

There hasn't been any news at all from the Pavarotti camp in recent months. His website has not been updated and there have been no press releases alluding to his health. Surely his adoring fans will be waiting with baited breath for his 2007 farewell tour dates?

In this instance, I would suggest that no news is bad news (for him not us)

Maybe he'll find the will to live by becoming a living Pancreatic Cancer Spokesman.

I'm guessing it wouldn't work, since he probably wouldn't want people to hear what he sounds like talking normally (as alluded to in an early post...)

Raffaella Valsecchi, a spokeswoman for the Donizetti Theatre, said: "His health has improved, aside from some problems walking. He uses a small cane."

The surgery is reported to have been successful and Pavarotti has expressed a desire to return to singing.

I was considering putting him on my list for next year, but given that he seems to be a bit better I must leave him off for next year

In one of the previous posts on here there was a link to an article saying he was having chemo for 6 months from August. Put him on the list I say!

In one of the previous posts on here there was a link to an article saying he was having chemo for 6 months from August. Put him on the list I say!

I agree. He may have his good days when he feels well enough to make a public appearance, but in the end pancreatic cancer has such a low survival rate and will likely lead to his demise. He is staying on my list.