Senis

Russell M Nelson

How do you rate Mormon Church President Russell M Nelson's chances of dying in 2023?

• Like 2

Well he's 98 years old. He'd actually be a good lesser known pick for a dead pool. I wonder if he'll make it to 100. I also wonder if he is still active. From what I heard he was trying to build a temple in Shanghai in 2020, but I think those plans were abandoned. I haven't really seen activity from him in a while.

To answer your question, I think he may die in 2023 because of his age and suspicious lack of news recently.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, When The said:

Well he's 98 years old. He'd actually be a good lesser known pick for a dead pool. I wonder if he'll make it to 100. I also wonder if he is still active. From what I heard he was trying to build a temple in Shanghai in 2020, but I think those plans were abandoned. I haven't really seen activity from him in a while.

To answer your question, I think he may die in 2023 because of his age and suspicious lack of news recently.

My parents both used to be members of the Mormon church and because of that he is someone that I keep up to date on. He did the church's annual conference in October and from what I've seen he in no way looks, sounds or acts as if he is 98.

He's obviously someone who could go any day because of age but he is in a similar camp to those like Bill Roache who are still active and look substantially younger than they are.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

3B296CC5-4EEE-4B34-B42E-65100A962691.png

F367A928-44BC-4C9B-924D-B93AFB6A2D64.jpeg

Excellent!

• Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

Something for me to remember is that not everyone makes it to 100 or is beyond 100, so Russell is on my list for 2023.

Most people don't make it to 100, I think if your having trouble remembering that you may need to see a doctor about early onset dementia or something similar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Most people don't make it to 100, I think if your having trouble remembering that you may need to see a doctor about early onset dementia or something similar.

Roger Guillemin, J. William Middendorf, Terry Gibbs, and Joyce Randolph are also on my list for 2023.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, John "요한" Sulu said:

Roger Guillemin, J. William Middendorf, Terry Gibbs, and Joyce Randolph are also on my list for 2023.

Because not everyone makes it to 100 or is beyond 100 right M. Sulu ?

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Because not everyone makes it to 100 or is beyond 100 right M. Sulu ?

Not even June Foray, Doris Day, or Carl Reiner.

• Shocked 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 14/12/2022 at 22:14, John "요한" Sulu said:

giphy.gif

On 12/12/2022 at 15:42, When The said:

Think the same thing happened with Thomas S Monson in 2017 (the old leader). Nobody knew he was going to die, until he died.

If I am not mistaken, he is still active but not as much as he used to be. Looks alright for his age I guess, is around 25th on my list

Bet he knows Rolf Harris and Gary Glitter. Know what I mean, know what I mean?

• Like 1

Occasionally on a wheelchair as posted elsewhere. Not worrying for a 98 years old, but surely some sign of decline.

• Like 1

Pictured 8th September 2023, a day before his 99th birthday, with his two right hand men Dallin H. Oaks (91) and Henry B. Eyring (90):

nelson.jpg.f9024aa9fe36395a35867018824320ee.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Won't attend general conference due to lower back injury (had a fall recently)

Edit: Salt Lake Tribune says his fall happened two days after the picture above was taken. He says he's "slowly recovering" but he "can't sit in a chair for long periods of time".

I reckon he'll still reach his centenary.

On 29/09/2023 at 02:08, Ulitzer95 said:

I reckon he'll still reach his centenary.

Maybe yes, maybe not, in any case he should be on the death list in 2024

4 minutes ago, Senis said:

Maybe yes, maybe not, in any case he should be on the death list in 2024

What’s important for us to remember is not all 99 year olds make it to 100.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What’s important for us to remember is not all 99 year olds make it to 100.

Much like our ‘Dunn’ emoji, we could do with a ‘Sulu’.

IMG_8346.jpeg.e83566d30757d6bbf6c164db922bf9ef.jpeg

• Like 4