Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

Last minute suggestion : soprano Marilyn Horne. Turns 90 in 2024, obese, haven’t been seen since 2015 as far as I can find and sure to obit. 

I'd like to see:

Warren Buffett

Betty DeGeneres

Barbara Eden

Chuck Grassley

Mitch McConnell

Joe Biden

June Lockheart

David Attenborough

Gene Hackman

Janis Paige

Sophia Loren (she had a fall recently)

Iris Apfel

June Spencer

June Squibb

Michelle Presle

Ray Anthony

Eva Marie Saint (oldest Oscar winner ever)

Bonnie Bartlett

Noam Chomsky

Tippi Hedren

Peter Marshall

Buzz Aldrin

John Astin

Caren Marsh Doll (like the last Wizard of Oz person left)

And I think someone like Willie Nelson could come off the list for next year if you're wondering who to cut. And getting some of the aging US political dinosaurs will be important. Gonna be some big hit opportunities next year! Been watching for years from the sidelines!

• Like 5

On 25/12/2023 at 12:40, Lafaucheuse said:

Last minute suggestion : soprano Marilyn Horne. Turns 90 in 2024, obese, haven’t been seen since 2015 as far as I can find and sure to obit. 

Same logic from me for Jean M. Auel...  though 87 rather than 90, I think. 

• Like 1

So I just stumbled over a YouTuber called "The Liver King".

He's selling a raw meat + steroids diet and gets closer to a massive heart attack with each video. His breathing is very heavy, his face has aged dramatically.

• Like 4

I think it may be time to start thinking about Brian Wilson. After 20+ years of endless tours, he had a very quiet 2023 and made his only public appearance of the year seated at “Grammy Salutes the Beach Boys” in April. He’s had surgery in the past for a hereditary back problem and having watched him be helped walk to his piano when I saw him live in 2016, I expect he uses a wheelchair now. Some fans found it hard to watch his last tour in 2022 - see this clip of Brian performing “God Only Knows” then.

Now, all of this doesn’t mean he’s about to die but he is 81, I think it’s unlikely we will see him tour again and he has had more than his fair share of health issues over the past 60 years. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

I think it may be time to start thinking about Brian Wilson. After 20+ years of endless tours, he had a very quiet 2023 and made his only public appearance of the year seated at “Grammy Salutes the Beach Boys” in April. He’s had surgery in the past for a hereditary back problem and having watched him be helped walk to his piano when I saw him live in 2016, I expect he uses a wheelchair now. Some fans found it hard to watch his last tour in 2022 - see this clip of Brian performing “God Only Knows” then.

Now, all of this doesn’t mean he’s about to die but he is 81, I think it’s unlikely we will see him tour again and he has had more than his fair share of health issues over the past 60 years. 

I saw him in concert in 2022 and he looked in rough shape. No wheelchair but he was using a walker.

On 09/07/2023 at 10:22, Captain Hemlock said:

Just saw a segment about the Smothers Brothers. It was announced that Tom Smothers has been diagnosed with cancer but it’s only Stage 2.

Tom Smothers dead at 86.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 09/07/2023 at 15:22, Captain Hemlock said:

Just saw a segment about the Smothers Brothers. It was announced that Tom Smothers has been diagnosed with cancer but it’s only Stage 2.

6 minutes ago, Drewsky1211 said:

Tom Smothers dead at 86.

ron-burgundy-escalated-quickly.gif

Tom Brokaw - News anchor - battling Multiple Myeloma

Shannen Doherty - Actress - cancer

Bruce Willis - Die Hard Actor - progressive FTD

Celine Dion - Titanic singer - Stiff muscle syndrome, reported she no longer has control of her muscles

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crash Davis said:

Celine Dion - Titanic singer - Stiff muscle syndrome, reported she no longer has control of her muscles

Bruce Willis 100%, might just linger to start of 25 but he should be an absolute shoe in for the committee, top 20

My grandfather died of FTD and it happened 5 years after clear symptoms, very fast and aggressive towards the end. Willis been getting his lines mixed up for like 7 years

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Crash Davis said:

Celine and Toby Keith I have my eye on with adding to my 2025  list if they make it through 2024. 

• Like 2

Don't know if anyone suggested William Russell? ^_^

Holy shit Brokaw looks awful in that clip didn't realise he was ill. Would be a worthy addition and will get a QO from.the likes of BBC, Sky etc... one of the last of that era alongside Rather who'l obit in the UK media no problem

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Holy shit Brokaw looks awful in that clip didn't realise he was ill. Would be a worthy addition and will get a QO from.the likes of BBC, Sky etc... one of the last of that era alongside Rather who'l obit in the UK media no problem

Apparently he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2013.  If it was in the early stages, it's certainly possible to live more than 10 years with it.  Still, that's a long time, and if it wasn't Stage 1, let's say...yeah, could be a solid pick.  He did look really rough earlier this summer.  Not necessarily on death's door in that interview, but 18 months is a long time, and that's how long he would have to survive from that interview to make it to 2025.  

• Like 1

Holy shit, Vijayakanth is the third person that has died in the past 24 hours that was earmarked for my 2024 DL.  Well, it shows I'm on the ball, apparently!  

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Julie Walters has disappeared from view

Esther Rantzen has accepted she won't see another Christmas.

Brian Wilson always seems to be teetering these past years.

David Attenborough will keep going until he drops but it could be 2024 when he comes face to face with the grim reaper rather than a venomous reptile.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, S Follows said:

Julie Walters has disappeared from view

Esther Rantzen has accepted she won't see another Christmas.

Brian Wilson always seems to be teetering these past years.

David Attenborough will keep going until he drops but it could be 2024 when he comes face to face with the grim reaper rather than a venomous reptile.

Regarding Walters, stats suggest that 65% of stage 3 bowel cancer patients survive for 5 years after diagnosis.  She was diagnosed in 2018.  And if it's been radio silence on her since she was forced to pull out of that TV show in May of this year, yeah, I do agree that there are some worrying tea leaves with her.  

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, MrWonderful said:

Regarding Walters, stats suggest that 65% of stage 3 bowel cancer patients survive for 5 years after diagnosis.  She was diagnosed in 2018.  And if it's been radio silence on her since she was forced to pull out of that TV show in May of this year, yeah, I do agree that there are some worrying tea leaves with her.  

She'll be safe 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

She'll be safe 

I see that info now.  Thank you!  Hopefully for her sake, she didn't have a relapse. 

• Like 1

Ozzy Osbourne

Celine Dion

Esther Rantzen

Julie Walters

Lucy Letby

Britney Spears

Phil Colins

Barbara Knox

David Jason 

Michael Schumacher

• Like 1

Also:

Prince Edward Duke of Kent

Bruce Willis

David Attenborough

38 minutes ago, YesZur said:

Lucy Letby

I get where you're coming from but she'll be under such intense surveillance, I can't see it happening.