Paul Bearer

Ideas and possibilities for 2024

Niall Ó Donnghaile, Leader of Sinn Fein in the Seanad since 2020, has resigned his seat on the grounds of ill health. He is only 38 and previously served as the Lord Mayor of Belfast. Perhaps not for 2024, but one to keep an eye on.

• Like 1

people that were not on 2023 list are on my list for 2024..Tippi Hendren ..Buzz Aldrin..Jim Lovell..June Lockhart..Christopher Lloyd..Bill Cosby..Barbra Eden

So, your 48 years of wrongful conviction are finally over-turned around the time you discover you've got liver cancer...the only good news in such a situation is likely for dead poolers: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67782907

Never mentioned before on this forum according to a search, Steve Binder, who collaborated with Elvis and directed The Star Wars Holiday Special is still alive, having turned 91 ten days ago.

• Thanks 1

84 year old Christina Crawford, author and daughter of Hollywood legend Joan Crawford,  who wrote the infamous and notorious book Mommie Dearest  about her childhood and life with her famous mother. The book was made into a film in the 1980s.

Christina has suffered at least three strokes and  is the only surviving child  of all of Joans adopted children. 

• Like 1

https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2017/05160800/

Searching around I found this Japanese-language article from 2017 where Yoko Ono's younger brother (Keisuke Ono) says Sean told him that Yoko was diagnosed with lewy body dementia in May or June 2016. Not sure if this was ever mentioned in non-Japanese news or the forums but I assume this is the "undisclosed illness" she has needed round-clock care for the last few years. Definitely should be kept on the list

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, arghton said:

https://www.dailyshincho.jp/article/2017/05160800/

Searching around I found this Japanese-language article from 2017 where Yoko Ono's younger brother (Keisuke Ono) says Sean told him that Yoko was diagnosed with lewy body dementia in May or June 2016. Not sure if this was ever mentioned in non-Japanese news or the forums but I assume this is the "undisclosed illness" she has needed round-clock care for the last few years. Definitely should be kept on the list

Not to mention that the average prognosis for the disease is 5 to 7 years. 2024 will be 8 years after her diagnosis.

• Like 4

I am new and dont know how to tag on my post and respond to another post.  But to Gooseberry Crumble about Christina Crawford.  She was on my long list she just did not make it to my 2024 list.. If she makes it through the year I will have to put her on my 2025 list.  If anyone could tell me how to tag someone else's post to my post so I know I am responding to them please let me know.  Thanks in advance

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

If anyone could tell me how to tag someone else's post to my post so I know I am responding to them please let me know.  Thanks in advance. 

I'm presuming you refer to quoting a post. Use the "Quote" option at the foot of the post. Like this:

Screenshot_20231223_192952_com.duckduckgo.mobile.android_edit_250269856210.jpg

Or, alternatively, selecting the text you want to quote should bring with it the option to just quote that specific part of the post, instead of potentially having to delete most of a large list in order to retrieve one small line of text.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

I am new and dont know how to tag on my post and respond to another post.  But to Gooseberry Crumble about Christina Crawford.  She was on my long list she just did not make it to my 2024 list.. If she makes it through the year I will have to put her on my 2025 list.  If anyone could tell me how to tag someone else's post to my post so I know I am responding to them please let me know.  Thanks in advance

Just use @ ! 
welcome here :)

Thank you Summer in Translvania and lafaucheuse.. That helped me a lot.  I thought maybe that was what I was suppose to do but was unsure

1 hour ago, livingbygrace said:

Theres plenty of pools so if there is any game you haven't entered yet might be worth considering  including her name?

Anyway best of luck!

2 minutes ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Theres plenty of pools so if there is any game you haven't entered yet might be worth considering  including her name?

Anyway best of luck!

Thanks I just put in my names for Shadow death 2024 list..I will have to check out the others

• Like 1

On 19/12/2023 at 09:35, gcreptile said:

I've been watching Quentin Tarantino's favourite B-movies lately. Their director Jack Hill, born 1933, is still alive:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Hill

He was mentioned in the Happy Birthday thread before.

Piggybacking on this

One of the films he Directed "Switchblade Sisters" featured a performance by  Kitty Bruce(daughter of Lenny Bruce) as Donut. She  seems to have her share of health problems the last few years.  A possible punt to take in some pool in 2024.

• Like 1

How about Geraldine Chaplin?

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised if Paul Auster (cancer; talking up his most recent novel as if it may be his last) doesn't see 2024 out

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

Not to mention that the average prognosis for the disease is 5 to 7 years. 2024 will be 8 years after her diagnosis.

Should have Yoko Ono and Ted Turner for the DeathList ...

6 hours ago, namelesshere said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Paul Auster (cancer; talking up his most recent novel as if it may be his last) doesn't see 2024 out

That's a pretty good find.  He could have a few months left or a few years; just no way to know since we don't know the specifics of his type of cancer.  It's not like he writes a novel per year, so saying it may be his last novel doesn't necessarily mean he won't see 2025, of course.  But certainly one to keep an eye on!  

On 24/10/2023 at 23:52, ladyfiona said:

Joe Tracini (son of Joe Pasquale) and is an actor from Hollyoaks (and various theatre credits), has said on social media how unwell he's feeling. He's got history of addiction issues along with Borderline Personality Disorder:

Following up on this there’s recently been further tweets of the same vein talking about suicide etc. (here and here). Hopefully he gets the help he obviously needs.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, MrWonderful said:

That's a pretty good find.  He could have a few months left or a few years; just no way to know since we don't know the specifics of his type of cancer.  It's not like he writes a novel per year, so saying it may be his last novel doesn't necessarily mean he won't see 2025, of course.  But certainly one to keep an eye on!  

The marketing campaign for the most recent novel has felt very... valedictory. Though, yes, it's not as if he writes a novel a year. Though as part of the marketing round for Baumgartner Siri Hustvedt (wife) did an interview or two where it would really be much more usual for the writer himself to have done them... 

Let's just say, I am not getting positive vibes. 

• Like 1

American Comedienne Brett Butler turns 65. Has  a Matthew Perry l bout with booze and drugs in the 1980's n 1990's,can't have too long left.