Paul Bearer

The deaD of 2023

17 minutes ago, Deathrow66 said:

So when hopefully ruth langsford mother joan langsford who Is wrinkly and crinkly plus smells and will pass away later this year as she us 94 and ruth langsford keeps giving her champagne every time she did a dance plus has dementia and alzeimers and had blood shot eyes looks like death 

Tbf @Paul Bearer, he's growing on me. I think you should add him to the committee.

• Like 1

She will die later this year as she is 94 so will definitely late with in 2 months left of thus Yr I guarantee 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Tbf @Paul Bearer, he's growing on me. I think you should add him to the committee.

If he was growing on me, I’d have him surgically removed. 

• Haha 4

On 22/10/2023 at 22:28, Deathrow66 said:

So when hopefully ruth langsford mother joan langsford who Is wrinkly and crinkly plus smells and will pass away later this year as she us 94 and ruth langsford keeps giving her champagne every time she did a dance plus has dementia and alzeimers and had blood shot eyes looks like death 

The more I think about it, the more I'm thinking about putting you on mod preview.  Keep it up. 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2022 at 20:06, arghton said:

Out of the remaining Marcos cronies, who's next, Virata, JPE, Rodolfo Cuenca? Does Imelda count?

Rodolfo Cuenca, Marcos crony and Chair of the Chairman of the Construction and Development Corporation of the Philippines (CDCP), dead at 95.

• Like 2

On 20/05/2021 at 09:09, arghton said:

Medal of Honour recipient Charles C. Hagermeister has died aged 74:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/medal-of-honor-recipient-charles-c-hagemeister-passes-away-at-74-301295458.html

There are 66 alive recipients:

One for WWII (Hershel W. Williams, aged 97)

Three for the Korean War (aged 89-95)

47 for the Vietnam War (aged 70-88)

13 for the War in Afghanistan (aged 31-42)

One for the War in Iraq (David Bellavia, aged 45)

and one for the fight against ISIS (Thomas Payne, aged 37)

On 20/05/2021 at 15:12, TheSpinosaurus said:

Hagemeister's death is a surprise, the guy was quite active and seemed to be very healthy.

For the Vietnam MOH recipients. Gary Wetzel has been wheelchair bound since a motorcycle accident, Gary Beikirch has pancreatic cancer, Roger Donlon has Parkinson's disease, Kenneth Stumpf is quite frail and appears to wheelchair bound as well. There have also been no updates on quite a few of them (especially Herda and Lemon). On the other hand a good majority of them are very healthy and active and are not going to die anytime soon.

Frank Herda reportedly dead: 

• Like 6

Shocking 

Yet both David Attenborough and Ruth langsford mother both late 90s are still alive which is shocking what's keeping these old people alive 

45 minutes ago, Deathrow66 said:

Shocking 

Yet both David Attenborough and Ruth langsford mother both late 90s are still alive which is shocking what's keeping these old people alive 

You are sooooo close to mod preview. 

Matthew knew we were there for him like he was there for us too and we never forget our friends :dead3:

• Confused 1

I don't know whether this has been mentioned on this site but Biff Rose, the comedian and singer-songwriter whose 1968 song Fill Your Heart was covered by Tiny Tim and David Bowie (on the Hunky Dory album) died on July 25th 2023 aged 85.

4 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:

I don't know whether this has been mentioned on this site but Biff Rose, the comedian and singer-songwriter whose 1968 song Fill Your Heart was covered by Tiny Tim and David Bowie (on the Hunky Dory album) died on July 25th 2023 aged 85.

Well it's been 3 months so probably has, but wikipedia has a bunch of "notable" deaths every day so it's easy to find a name :ghost3:

• Confused 1

Last survivor of the Great Train Robbery, Bobby Welch, dead at 94 and straight to QO.

• Like 6

John Havers was born in Romford and died aged 92 on 2 Nov, Havers became the English national doubles champion after winning the 1965 English National Badminton Championship with his younger brother Bill Havers
Havers played for Essex and England. He was also men's doubles runner-up in 1964 and 1968 with his brother and mixed doubles runner-up in 1967 with his sister-in-law Patricia Page
https://www.badmintonengland.co.uk/rest-in-peace-john-havers/

img692 Inglaterra Team SCO x ENG janeiro de 1966 John Havers (3)

• Like 1

On 03/10/2022 at 10:40, Ulitzer95 said:

Carl Walker GC (wiki), police inspector in the Lancashire Constabulary, dead at 88.

Along with officer Gerry Richardson (wiki), he chased a gang of five robbers who had cleared out a jewellery shop in Blackpool. The robbers shot at both officers, killing Richardson and badly wounding Walker, forcing him into an early retirement in 1982. Both Walker and Richardson received George Crosses for their bravery, the latter posthumously.

Times obit.

Edit: With the death of Carl Walker, there are now 13 living George Cross recipients:

Jack Bamford b. 1937
Jim Beaton b. 1943
Matt Croucher b. 1983
Chris Finney b. 1984
Tony Gledhill b. 1938
Kevin Haberfield b. 1957
Kim Hughes b. 1979
Barry Johnson b. 1952
Alf Lowe b. 1931
Peter Norton b. 1962
Michael Pratt b. 1954
Sam Shephard b. 1987
Dom Troulan b. 1962

Youngest ever recipient of the George Cross Jack Bamford Telegraph Obit: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/obituaries/2023/11/03/jack-bamford-youngest-ever-george-cross-recipient-fire-1952/

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Elizangela do Amaral was born in Rio de Janeiro and died in Guapimirim at the age of 68, she was a Brazilian actress, who was successful in productions such as the soap operas "Força do Quer", "A Dona do Pedaço", ´´Senhora de Destino´´, among many others.

Elizangela, atriz de 'Roque Santeiro', 'A favorita' e 'A dona do pedaço', morre aos 68 anos | Rio de Janeiro | G1 (globo.com)

Atriz Elizângela, de 68 anos, morreu em Guapimirim — Foto: Reprodução/TV Globo

Report that Tony Rohr, Irish actor has died:  

Film roles include The Long Good Friday and McVicar. Played the IRA Brigade Commander in Harry's Game and Grandad in The Lakes. A minor role in The Power of The Daleks for Doctor Who in his early career. Also an unnamed drunk priest in the Father Ted Christmas episode where they end up in the lingerie department.

He was the father of Pauline Collins' daughter Louise.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0737575/

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Report that Tony Rohr, Irish actor has died:  

Film roles include The Long Good Friday and McVicar. Played the IRA Brigade Commander in Harry's Game and Grandad in The Lakes. A minor role in The Power of The Daleks for Doctor Who in his early career. Also an unnamed drunk priest in the Father Ted Christmas episode where they end up in the lingerie department.

He was the father of Pauline Collins' daughter Louise.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0737575/

Just for clarity, he wasn't one of the priests in the lingerie store, but the drunken barfly who tells Todd Unctious about Ted getting the Golden Cleric award.

One of the priests who was in the lingerie store was Sean Barrett* (the boring priest), also born in 1940 and still alive. His voice-over was used a heck of a lot in the 1990s.

*Also on the cover the The Smiths' classic How Soon Is Now? single from 1985.

3 minutes ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Just for clarity, he wasn't one of the priests in the lingerie store, but the drunken barfly who tells Todd Unctious about Ted getting the Golden Cleric award.

Yeah, I would have used the Father Ted thread if it was a rather more important role.

• Like 1