gcreptile

Janey Godley

Scottish comedienne who seems fairly prominent in certain circles.

She had ovarian cancer, beat it, but then it came back. It's stage 3 and she says that it can be treated but not cured.

So it's now being called "terminal".

Like Jonnie Irwin, she seems fairly open about it all.

Today's update is,  "she wants to go out with a bang":

https://nz.news.yahoo.com/janey-godley-terminal-125229998.html

• Like 2

One of my ‘just in case’ picks, but doesn’t appear to be in imminent danger. Could be this year or half a dozen in the future.

Stage three cancer has a slightly higher than 25% five year survival rate. But I think she might have quite a reasonably fast growing version going by how she was clear on all scans and then it returned within months. So I’m not sure she will be making 2026 and the fifth anniversary of her diagnosis.

37 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

She had ovarian cancer, beat it, but then it came back. It's stage 3 and she says that it can be treated but not cured.

She never made me laugh, until now.

It is very difficult to say with her as she says contradictory things.She is dying though and things are clearly heading in the wrong direction at present.

25 minutes ago, TQR said:

One of my ‘just in case’ picks, but doesn’t appear to be in imminent danger. Could be this year or half a dozen in the future.

I managed to fit her onto a theme team .If I couldn't have put her on there she probably would have been on tithe subs bench of the main team.

50 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I don't think it ever went away when reading between the lines .Sounds like it was lingering dormant and flared up again which she announced was the expectation.

Casual racist should be the tag line :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I really really have to hold myself back whenever someone mentions her on here. She's blocked me on Twitter twice in the last decade for simply disagreeing with her and I find her conduct online to be pretty odious. Meanwhile, this is the kind of racist shite that comes from her mouth.

Then there are the Chernobyl digs:

E-y-0KKWYAk-nj3.thumb.jpg.0df0ffbadad97df3c0239d6ca7dd11b1.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I really really have to hold myself back whenever someone mentions her on here. She's blocked me on Twitter twice in the last decade for simply disagreeing with her and I find her conduct online to be pretty odious. Meanwhile, this is the kind of racist shite comes from her mouth.

Then there are the Chernobyl digs:

E-y-0KKWYAk-nj3.thumb.jpg.0df0ffbadad97df3c0239d6ca7dd11b1.jpg

She blocked you? She’s just gone up in my estimation.

She is a bitch indeed and a hypocritical one too.

I loved how she got offended the other week by people saying she is as funny as a burning orphanage after all the shit she says about people.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

Funnily enough I saw one of her posts on Twitter today. As you all know I’m rarely on Twitter as I don’t like it.

She posted some tripe about the King getting a new gold coach for his coronation with the tagline that she would rather the money went to the NHS. Failed to mention the coach is being made and gifted by some Australian bloke. 

She is the class of celebrity who probably enjoys having cancer because it gets her a bit of attention. Everyone knows she was finished before the diagnosis. Cancelled as they say. But fair play to her for using her impending death. To her advantage. :D

• Like 3

For a bit of balance, I... also don't like her as she's a hypocrite and racist. Sorry. Wasn't a fan of her jokes either tbh.

Don't think she'll be troubling the DDP for a while though.

• Like 1

Just now, msc said:

For a bit of balance, I... also don't like her as she's a hypocrite and racist. Sorry. Wasn't a fan of her jokes either tbh.

Don't think she'll be troubling the DDP for a while though.

She has become my Clive Dunn candidate on my shadow list.

6 minutes ago, msc said:

At least you tried. Let me have a go at restoring balance...I liked her ‘Trump Is A Cunt’ walk on his golf course and her stance on LGBTQ+ matters and…yeah nah I’m done, she’s racist and a hypocrite and her ‘comedy’ voiceovers are shite.

2 minutes ago, Windsor said:

She has become my Clive Dunn candidate on my shadow list.

It may (and there again, it may NOT) amaze you to find out who wrote Clive Dunn's song GRANDAD.

It was Herbie Flowers - the guy from SKY and the bloke what recorded the double bass (and electric bass) on Walk on the Wild side by Lou Reed

1 minute ago, Windsor said:

Funnily enough I saw one of her posts on Twitter today. As you all know I’m rarely on Twitter as I don’t like it.

She posted some tripe about the King getting a new gold coach for his coronation with the tagline that she would rather the money went to the NHS. Failed to mention the coach is being made and gifted by some Australian bloke. 

She is the class of celebrity who probably enjoys having cancer because it gets her a bit of attention. Everyone knows she was finished before the diagnosis. Cancelled as they say. But fair play to her for using her impending death. To her advantage. :D

Yes, she does this a lot. It's a classic trick of the cyber Nats online.

Around Christmas she posted photos of the Royals doing a visit where members of the public were lined up in the cold rainy weather waiting to meet them. She then posted a photo from Mail Online of the Royals walking "straight past" them in order to make some kind of us vs. them type tweet.

She conveniently forgot to include the many pictures of the Royals stopping to talk to all those ppl for some time.

Godley is a troll, and she knows exactly what she's doing. Zero sympathy for her when she claims that ppl are attacking her.

2 hours ago, TQR said:

I made the mistake of researching her tour - it's very short - on that basis I decided that she might be expecting to be going downhill like Franz Klammer in second half of the year.

Now it's probably more likely that her tour is short because she's shit and no one wants to go and see her but anyway that's how she snuck onto my team.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OneManJury said:

She blocked you? She’s just gone up in my estimation.

Nice to have you back Deathray! 

How long can you last before a ban this time?

54 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Nice to have you back Deathray! 

How long can you last before a ban this time?

I can assure you moosh I am not Deathray. I am OMJ the great. 

Doesn't she have the same cancer Jade from Big Brother had? It's why I put her in most of my pools becuase she went downhill quick.

2 minutes ago, ladyfiona said:

Doesn't she have the same cancer Jade from Big Brother had? It's why I put her in most of my pools becuase she went downhill quick.

No. Jade Goody had cervical cancer. Godley has ovarian cancer.

Also Goody was 27 when diagnosed, and was dead within 6 months because cancers multiply much fast when you're younger. Godley is 62.

55 minutes ago, OneManJury said:

I can assure you moosh I am not Deathray. I am OMJ the great. 

Who? :scratchhead:

Whoever you are, I see you're on mod preview. Lol.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Who? :scratchhead:

Whoever you are, I see you're on mod preview. Lol.

Was unaware you could see that, only time I've ever known is when Paul announced it. 

'London' is doubtful too - spelling mush as moosh.

Tenuous? Sure, but nobody in London would spell it that way assuming it's phonetically and not some obscure other reason.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, En Passant said:

Was unaware you could see that, only time I've ever known is when Paul announced it. 

'London' is doubtful too - spelling mush as moosh.

Tenuous? Sure, but nobody in London spell it that way assuming it's phonetically and not some obscure other reason.

I know he’s on mod preview because his posts aren’t appearing in real time. I got notifications about his posts way after their time stamp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1