Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2024

Quickly skimming through the As, here's some entries with outdated information.

Spoiler

Abbott, Diane: bio cuts off early, hasn't been on "This Week" for ages.
Acosta, Nelson: the "Everton" he managed was the Chilean team Everton de Viña del Mar, not "Everton" as we usually know them.
Adams, Gerry: hasn't been president of Sinn Fein since 2018
Ağca, Mehmet Ali: was released from prison in 2010
Al-Bashir, Omar: deposed as Sudan's president in 2019
Albert II, King: stood down as king of Belgium in 2013
Allen, Marshall: Sun Ra Arkestra, not Sun Ra Orkestra
Atkinson, Big Ron: hasn't been a TV pundit since offering some opinions about Marcel Desailly in 2004

• Like 2

Barkow, Al – says born 1905, actually born 1932
Blake, Jon – says born 1905, actually born 1954
Demoriane, Hermine – says born 1905, actually born 1942
Golding, LaVona – says born 1905, actually born 1940
Issa, Marwan – says born 1905, actually born 1965
McGoran, Thomas – says born 1905, actually born 1927
Morrison, George – says born 1905, actually born 1922
Orji, Zack – says born 1905, actually born 1960
Schilling, Mel – says born 1905, actually born 1972
Scott, Shaun – says born 1905, actually born 1954
Thorn, Barbara – says born 1905, actually born 1954

Edit: Whoops, just seen your post that came through in the mean time @time

Another thing I will add is I see Godzilla actor Katsumi Tezuka (wiki) is a pick, yet again.

This seems to be becoming a weird DDP tradition. I don't know if the same person is picking him for a joke or if it's because they're stupid and/or refuse to believe he's dead, but we have a reliable source that confirms he's deceased. He's believed to have died in the 60s/70s. If he was still alive today he'd be turning 112 in August and I think someone would have noticed he's still breathing by now!

1905 was a placeholder when the Cmme couldn't find information. The system had a habit of crashing with that field blank!

The field had to be either completely empty or completely full. Just putting in a year didn't work because that's not what constitutes a birth date for the program.

I ..think... that a wrong formatting in Excel translated to 1905 in Access. It has happened each year a couple of times. Could happen again if an old name is picked again after a few years of absence.

IIRC the above system quirks were also why 1800s births were such a pain for the system.

I think that the Jim Bolger that appears in the site is the wrong one, it should be the former New Zealand PM and not the racehorse trainer, since he was picked by a NZ theme team.

Also Christian Brueckner is the Madeleine McCann suspect and not the german voice actor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m thinking Jimmy Walker and Jimmie Walker (correct spelling) are in fact the same person.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Father of 41 kids!

Was he a Jamaican or a Keen Yin?

18 hours ago, wannamaker said:

I think that the Jim Bolger that appears in the site is the wrong one, it should be the former New Zealand PM and not the racehorse trainer, since he was picked by a NZ theme team.

Also Christian Brueckner is the Madeleine McCann suspect and not the german voice actor.

That's my pick and same thing happened last year and it was sorted when I pointed it out so didn't bother checking this year's entry just assumed it would be ok.

The Paul Young in my time's-up team is the wrong one. Should be the Scottish actor not the Q-Tip

See also Jim Norton!

Oh.

3 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

What have you heard?

Nothing substantial dear heart.

Only a suggestion. But it might be nothing, a day or so's breath may be in order given I haven't seen anything confirming the cause, unlike Jayston for example where it is clear he died after a short illness.

Unless of course something comes up which has confirmed the cause?

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Nothing substantial dear heart.

Only a suggestion. But it might be nothing, a day or so's breath may be in order given I haven't seen anything confirming the cause, unlike Jayston for example where it is clear he died after a short illness.

Unless of course something comes up which has confirmed the cause?

When someone older and with an history of bad health dies logic suggests the death is natural unless otherwise stated. 

7 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

When someone older and with an history of bad health dies logic suggests the death is natural unless otherwise stated. 

Death is logical?

Look sweetie, I don't know how he died, but neither the fuck do you.

So with respect, answer the question I posed - where is it stated how he died? If we have a definite on that, we can move on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Death is logical?

Look sweetie, I don't know how he died, but neither the fuck do you.

So with respect, answer the question I posed - where is it stated how he died? If we have a definite on that, we can move on.

I just got the feeling you had heard something from somewhere than just basing it on the lack of mention of a cause and the slightly delayed  reporting  

Just now, The Old Crem said:

I just got the feeling you had heard something from somewhere than just basing it on the lack of mention of a cause and the slightly delayed  reporting  

I have heard from somewhere, but it might be nothing as I said before.

The DDP scoreboard is being updated very quickly. All I'm asking for is to take a breath in this case. Of course, the scores can be updated and unnatural added later if necessary, but I am trying to help the DDP bods here from unneccessary additional work in short measure.

What's so hard for you to understand this from all I have said before?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I have heard from somewhere, but it might be nothing as I said before.

The DDP scoreboard is being updated very quickly. All I'm asking for is to take a breath in this case. Of course, the scores can be updated and unnatural added later if necessary, but I am trying to help the DDP bods here from unneccessary additional work in short measure.

What's so hard for you to understand this from all I have said before?

I get you I am just furious about what I might be. Unnatural ranges from falling over to being murdered,

Monday afternoon fight over absolutely nothing between two long term users.

Standard DeathList Forums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Monday afternoon fight over absolutely nothing between two long term users.

Standard DeathList Forums.

I'm tetchy. Been up since the crack of dawn waiting on my internet and I have another early start Thursday for more deliveries.

Not my fault some folk are hard of reading. :lol: