Death Impends

Derby Dead Pool 2024

The "unnatural death" variable can be set independently from the death itself. So the death can be scored and the unnatural death can be added later. It's really not a question of doing more or less work either way.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

The "unnatural death" variable can be set independently from the death itself. So the death can be scored and the unnatural death can be added later. It's really not a question of doing more or less work either way.

Thanks.

I may keep my fingers off the keyboard next time, instead of trying to be too helpful. :D

I'm totally shattered. Had to update my signature and teams and scores and everything today. And Lavender and Jayston's deaths haven't helped my mood!

Well, without inquiring how you got your inside knowledge, it's good to know to keep an eye on this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Monday afternoon fight over absolutely nothing between two long term users.

Standard DeathList Forums.

Sometimes I feel I need a bowl of popcorn and spend my evenings scrolling through.  It can be more entertaining then a movie

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Monday afternoon fight over absolutely nothing between two long term users.

Standard DeathList Forums.

It's why I keep coming here. :D

5 minutes ago, livingbygrace said:

Sometimes I feel I need a bowl of popcorn and spend my evenings scrolling through.  It can be more entertaining then a movie

Indeed it can.  :lol:

• Like 1

Re: Lavender... the Guardian, Times and Telegraph have all published obits for him now. None hint at a cause of death. However, the fact that they were all published in full by last night would suggest they were compiled prior to his death. What is telling is his IMDb profile. Last role was a voice casting, released in 2023, but could have easily been recorded 2021/22. Last appearance in person was in a Dad's Army related programme in 2020. He was very active prior to lockdown. All of this would suggest he wasn't a well man and that the obit writers were aware of this. In other words, I'm calling bs on any rumours about unnatural causes.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Re: Lavender... the Guardian, Times and Telegraph have all published obits for him now. None hint at a cause of death. However, the fact that they were all published in full by last night would suggest they were compiled prior to his death. What is telling is his IMDb profile. Last role was a voice casting, released in 2023, but could have easily been recorded 2021/22. Last appearance in person was in a Dad's Army related programme in 2020. He was very active prior to lockdown. All of this would suggest he wasn't a well man and that the obit writers were aware of this. In other words, I'm calling bs on any rumours about unnatural causes.

In 2017 he collapsed with Sepsis while filming a travelogue for Channel 5 which forced him to quit Eastenders without an exit (His character was written out in one line having said to have moved away again) having returned at the end of 2016. He had previously had a heart attack and bladder cancer as well. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tv/25735646/inside-ian-lavenders-health-sepsis-heart-attack-cancer/

• Thanks 1

Dear Committee,

I wandered over to check on how many had Keith as a pick and saw the new layout to the Drop 40. The added column giving the picks the previous rank or new appearance appeals the attention to the minutiae of the contest. 

Kudos to whoever thought to add this.

• Like 1

Would be funny to see Joey casual his way to the title.

Tbh even if I was playing seriously I still would’ve picked Keith on my roster. I just think stomach cancer is a bit underrated as a cancer and he did look like complete shit in those last photos even if he tried to act like he was fine

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Tbh even if I was playing seriously I still would’ve picked Keith on my roster. I just think stomach cancer is a bit underrated as a cancer and he did look like complete shit in those last photos even if he tried to act like he was fine

I hadn't been following as to how advanced the cancer was. If I did I would have stuck him on my Sad Last  Days team. 

Pictures are all looking good. It looks like "O" is the only one that's not complete. Also, just an idea, but for my pick of Michael H. Kenyon, perhaps you can just use a generic picture of an enema bag.

Badinter was picked by two teams including my french theme one. Waiting for an obit, I would be surprised if it doesn't happen

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Badinter was picked by two teams including my french theme one. Waiting for an obit, I would be surprised if it doesn't happen

Is this one. https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/robert-badinter-behind-frances-abolition-death-penalty-dies-age-95-media-2024-02-09/
It’s currently present on the page where Reuters link on the rules page links to. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Interesting he gets an obit when in the past some former Dutch PM’s have not obited. 

Guessing the unique nature of a former head of government choosing euthanasia, especially at the same time with his wife, made him additionally notable

• Like 1

Day 41 of the year.

42 hits.

Tight this year, especially with the deaths seemingly coming in clusters.

Damo Suzuki QO

• Like 1

Lolz at Roger Rogerson's obit! :lol:

• Like 1