Grim Reaper

50. Joe Bugner

Only name in years I haven't heard of.Will google now.Name rings a bell but can't picture him.

• Like 1

Almost picked him myself, good pick & the committee loves boxers so I should've known he was going to make it.

• Like 1

Just now, Sean said:

Only name in years I haven't heard of.Will google now.Name rings a bell but can't picture him.

One of the big name boxers of the 70s, a contender for the top belt but was unsuccessful against Ali like so many others. Now in a care home in dire health, a very good DL pick, sadly.

• Like 1

Just now, msc said:

One of the big name boxers of the 70s, a contender for the top belt but was unsuccessful against Ali like so many others. Now in a care home in dire health, a very good DL pick, sadly.

Also an ex I’m a celeb contestant. Don’t think we have ever had an I’m a celeb hit yet two are very possible this year. (Esther Rantzen was on it once as well.) 

I think he's not a good pick. The same source that mentions his dementia also mentions his good physical shape. Bur yes, I come to this conclusion by 2 minutes of google- which might not be enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sean said:

A mop of curly blonde hair and a flat nose. Never forgiven by the British public after he defeated "Our 'enry" in 1971.

Yeah googling him he is definitely more familiar.Thought he was dead to be honest when I saw the face.

Tbh in the non-ancient dementia patient stakes I think Bruce Willis will go before Bugner.

5 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

I think he's not a good pick. The same source that mentions his dementia also mentions his good physical shape. Bur yes, I come to this conclusion by 2 minutes of google- which might not be enough.

I mean, Rene Weller, another dementia-ridden boxer of similar age, was still walking his dog months before he became bedridden and shot a movie two years before he died. But I agree that there are better picks.

• Like 1

Is this guy somehow related to Bill Gates?

• Haha 1

Chuck Wepner would have been a better boxing pick.

• Like 1