Joey Russ

Thoughts On The 2024 List

33 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Yep it's a good list. You can make the arguement for the likes of Goodyear, Hurd etc... but at the same time there's nobody that's been ridicuously picked in the 50 IMO

Fair point. 

34 hits in 492 days = 25 hits in the coming year - the 50% hit rate is on!

image.png.65d1e9f8caf96a5b262a77b09dacd7bc.png

I have magnified the first fifty days to show exactly where we are

Earliest third hits are all in February

• Like 11

Make that 35 hits in 493 days!

5 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Earliest third hits are all in February

Chomsky or Carter could well change that 

• Like 5

On 04/01/2024 at 23:34, La Tombe said:

The DL should regret to not having Delon in the DL. I write there just after saw the interview of Anthony Delon his son on BFMTV. Delon, 88 years old, is physically diminished. He can not speak as easily as before. He needs assistance to move. Until these summer, Alain Delon moved between France and Switzerland (he has residences in both countries and citizenship of both), now since the summer the health of Delon deteriorated more and Anthony says that now his father wants to live his final years or months or weeks…don’t know…in the domain of Douchy, a former castle in a village, located one hour and half, south of Paris. (For precisions Google Maps is your help).

Delon wants to be buried in his domain next to his dogs, he had many in the past and they are buried in the domain of Douchy. 

So I’m glad, Delon is in my French deathlist these year, he should have been considered by the DL . I think he will not reach his 90th birthday in november 2025, Anthony Delon even says that Christmas 2023 could be his last. In my think, Delon is afraid to die someday. Maybe he will achieve 89 but that’s almost sure, not 90.

link to the video of Anthony Delon on French news channel BFMTV

1 minute ago, La Tombe said:

The DL should regret to not having Delon in the DL. I write there just after saw the interview of Anthony Delon his son on BFMTV. Delon, 88 years old, is physically diminished. He can not speak as easily as before. He needs assistance to move. Until these summer, Alain Delon moved between France and Switzerland (he has residences in both countries and citizenship of both), now since the summer the health of Delon deteriorated more and Anthony says that now his father wants to live his final years or months or weeks…don’t know…in the domain of Douchy, a former castle in a village, located one hour and half, south of Paris. (For precisions Google Maps is your help).

Delon wants to be buried in his domain next to his dogs, he had many in the past and they are buried in the domain of Douchy. 

So I’m glad, Delon is in my French deathlist these year, he should have been considered by the DL . I think he will not reach his 90th birthday in november 2025, Anthony Delon even says that Christmas 2023 could be his last. In my think, Delon is afraid to die someday. Maybe he will achieve 89 but that’s almost sure, not 90.

link to the video of Anthony Delon on French news channel BFMTV

What I wrote can be put in the special thread Alain Delon…sorry !

433988947_ScreenShot2024-01-07at11_58_56am.png.01246e481c2f0d6a451a763fa33a1446.png1532734041_ScreenShot2024-01-07at12_00_03pm.png.cdf0572f898f691f1131d8a2cd16769d.png1796178088_ScreenShot2024-01-07at12_00_29pm.png.4d761190522c4592b7210ae2afb43a93.png

I took Delon off my 2024 shadowlist at the last minute, based on the 2023 Christmas pics above. Wheelchair bound, but other than that, looks great and really youthful for 88. But it sounds like he is in poorer health than he looks.

What do we think? Based on these photos, does he look like a 2024 death?

12 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

433988947_ScreenShot2024-01-07at11_58_56am.png.01246e481c2f0d6a451a763fa33a1446.png1532734041_ScreenShot2024-01-07at12_00_03pm.png.cdf0572f898f691f1131d8a2cd16769d.png1796178088_ScreenShot2024-01-07at12_00_29pm.png.4d761190522c4592b7210ae2afb43a93.png

I took Delon off my 2024 shadowlist at the last minute, based on the 2023 Christmas picks above. Wheelchair bound, but other than that, looks great and really youthful for 88. But it sounds like he is in poorer health than he looks.

What do we think? Based on these photos, does he look like a 2024 death?

I'm not convinced he's near death. But if he does die in 2024, my guess is that he'll die late into the year.

54 minutes ago, Jonah said:

I'm not convinced he's near death. But if he does die in 2024, my guess is that he'll die late into the year.

Yes, looks like a man with a few years left but would be surprising if he makes 90.

47 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

The DL should regret to not having Delon in the DL.

I really don’t think they’ll lose much sleep over it.

• Like 4

The DL did a fine job with drops this year: Yoko Ono was the only unwise drop, although it might also have been worth keeping on Marianne Faithfull.

If this pace continues, by 13th May there will be no one left alive.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Which makes my prediction of at least  28 deaths rather modest....

image.thumb.png.0186e2f9266e9eba161f3d572dea30f1.png

First glance at the full chart which has been updated for Delors and Beckenbauer

Earliest fourth hit previously was 17th Feb (2021)

• Like 8

31 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

They'll have to do a part 2 list

• Like 1

This list is doing pretty amazing! 

Feels like a 2016 type year for lots of notable deaths 

49 minutes ago, tomarse said:

Feels like a 2016 type year for lots of notable deaths 

2023: Am I a joke to you?

The first 3 deaths go to 3 debutants so the committee deserve some credit for their selections.

• Like 11

Will this list be a record breaking list?

2 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

Will this list be a record breaking list?

I reckon so.

• Like 2

The most deaths we have had in the first quarter has been six (in the record breaking year of 2020 and the seventh death was in the first week of the second quarter) assuming that our excellent start is promising a bumper year which four deaths feel like they should happen in the first quarter (very much "How are these people still alive?" as opposed to "I don't think they will make 2025")

I will start with the obvious one:

Jimmy Carter

Nigel Starmer-Smith

Joanne Woodward

Sonny Rollins

• Like 2