Guest Honez

Ronnie Barker

:skill2:  :skull: he is dead now tho :dead:  ;)  :(  :old:  :crossbone:  :ghost:  :sicktherm:

I did wonder if it was possible to construct some sort of narrative using these emoticons. Presumably, like Arabic, it would be read from right to left, starting with the "ill" face.

I gave it a full ten seconds of my attention before becoming distracted by something shiny. Perhaps someone else can do better..

Obviously, the end starts with someone falling ill. Something pulmonary, I see. Let's say good old pneumonia. The skull and bones is a bit tricky, but I think all drugs are poisons, so it looks like an attempt at curing it. Appartently it works, because he lives to ripe old age. His son-in-law is rather miffed about that, although his wife sees the funny side of it. Eventually the old man carks it, by which time both daughter and son-in-law have got in dire financial straits, have begun a life of crime and got themselves killed in a shoot-out with the police after a bodged bankrobbery.

regards,

Hein

Nah! Going Straight was ( I thought ) his worst.

You've not seen Clarence then! :sicktherm:

Oh, now then. I think I can vaguely remember that one, can you refresh my memory?

Excellent work, gentlemen! I shall pay much more attention to these types of posts in the future.

By the way.. have you heard the one about the :crossbone: and the :sicktherm:?

Nah!  Going Straight was ( I thought ) his worst.

I loved 'Going Straight', but I was only 11 years old when it was on and have never seen it repeated, there's probably a good reason for that :sicktherm:

Oh, now then. I think I can vaguely remember that one, can you refresh my memory?

Clarence was Ronnie Barker's last sitcom, made in 1988. It was set in the 1930s and centred around the titular short-sited removal man, played by the man himself. All I can say is that it was no wonder that he retired.

'Going Straight' has been repeated on UK Gold. It's not bad, just not as good as Porridge.

I thought Open All Hours was just embarrassing and tasteless. 

:sicktherm: Embarrassing and tasteless? Not compared with a joke I recently read on this forum.

Guest Guest

I don't get how you people can feel good about discussing if someone is dead or not, especially now......it's just so horrible.....

Guest ronnie barker

hello,

I am very much dead i'm afraid, having expired 4/10/2005.

Sorry, but it's goodbyme from me.................

Guest Guest
hello,

I am very much dead i'm afraid, having expired 4/10/2005.

Sorry, but it's goodbyme from me.................

Sad bastard, you don't even know the date Ronnie passed away.

I don't get how you people can feel good about discussing if someone is dead or not..

To be perfectly honest, I don't get why you people can feel good perpetuating discussion on forums that you consider distasteful. Takes all sorts, I suppose..

Guest Guest
watch this then tell me truthfully you feel happy about mocking dear Ronnie Barker.

The Legend Ronnie Barker.

Especially at 2minutes 31seconds on the video.

Guest Guest
I don't get how you people can feel good about discussing if someone is dead or not..

To be perfectly honest, I don't get why you people can feel good perpetuating discussion on forums that you consider distasteful. Takes all sorts, I suppose..

You know full well what i mean, some of the titles on this forum are dispacable and you know it.

"Near misses" etc.....how can you like such things?

You know full well what i mean, some of the titles on this forum are dispacable and you know it.

Because we can!

I'm assuming you are a ranter that has only paid one visit to this site. Why don't you read through a couple of other threads, you will see we mean no harm whatsoever to any celeb.

What would you suggest we change the 'near misses' thread to? Ooooh, that was close? or Dammit, should have thought of him/her?

Guest Guest

Because we can!

I'm assuming you are a ranter that has only paid one visit to this site. Why don't you read through a couple of other threads, you will see we mean no harm whatsoever to any celeb.

What would you suggest we change the 'near misses' thread to? Ooooh, that was close? or Dammit, should have thought of him/her?

Well personally the name "near misses" makes it sound like someone wants these people to die.

And yes, i have only just paid my first visit to the site as i was looking up about what had happened to Ronnie Barker, but if you want people who care about people to have a good impression when seeing your site i sure know that i didn't get a good impression :/.

Also there's a few people if you say you mean no harm, who mock some of the people who have died, which i have noticed as soon as i read through a few pages on the site.

Surely something should be done about these types of people.

If it's a forum to respect those who've died, no problem, but some of the posters here do anything but that i feel.

..some of the titles on this forum are dispacable and you know it..

The titles on this forum are perfectly dispacable.

You are quite right about that.

..some of the titles on this forum are dispacable and you know it..

The titles on this forum are perfectly dispacable.

You are quite right about that.

:sicktherm:

Also there's a few people if you say you mean no harm, who mock some of the people who have died, which i have noticed as soon as i read through a few pages on the site.

If it's a forum to respect those who've died, no problem, but some of the posters here do anything but that i feel.

I don't think that just because someone is dead they deserve respect.

I must fall into the category of "that type of person", about which something needs to be done. I wonder what it'll be: perhaps I'll have to endure some sort of social punishment, whereby I'm forced to march up and down the street wearing a sandwich board or something.

Guest Guest

I must fall into the category of "that type of person", about which something needs to be done. I wonder what it'll be: perhaps I'll have to endure some sort of social punishment, whereby I'm forced to march up and down the street wearing a sandwich board or something.

A mature post from you would justify your thoughts instead of using sarcasm surely?.....

So, i'll ask for you, WHY don't you think someone deserves respect if they've died? (Obviously not talking about anyone, murderers who die blatently don't deserve respect.)

Guest Guest

If your whole family but you was wiped out in a plague and someone came to your funeral and started making horrid comments about your family....i bet you wouldn't sit there saying "fine if that's your opinion". And if you would, there's a mental institution just down the street.

If your whole family but you was wiped out in a plague and someone came to your funeral and started making horrid comments about your family....i bet you wouldn't sit there saying "fine if that's your opinion". And if you would, there's a mental institution just down the street.

If somone came to my funeral and made nasty comments about me I wouldn't be able to say anything 'cos I'd be dead. Also if there was a plague pandemic, normal funerals would go out the window and we'd all be put in mass graves.

Not a very good rant, please try harder next time.

.. there's a mental institution just down the street.

Have they noticed you missing yet?

Guest Guest

Rant? A simple discussion, i'm not membering myself here as i'm only here showing how i feel about this, hence why i didn't edit the typo of "your funeral", please try to be less sarcastic or "clever" and let the people i'm typing to have their say. Read over your last post, then decide sensibly whether you felt it was really needed.