Bibliogryphon

Scavenger Hunt Bingo Deadpool VI

11 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

What about movies that only had direct to VHS release etc?

If they are in that Wiki list above all well and good. Otherwise PM me the movie title and I will make a decision based on merit but still on holiday atm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Players

You can now submit entries and from Monday I will start doing the verification

All entries will be accepted up to midnight on 31st July

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I decided to play again. I need to see if I can equal my goose egg performance from Round 5.:D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First five teams have been verified

Two players who did not play Game V have already submitted

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Six players are now verified (although I am waiting for subs and one replacement from one player)

I am learning a lot about The Simpsons a show which I have rarely watched. Ivor Novello awards are proving trickiest to verify as they keep changing categories and as we are discounting Outstanding Contribution Awards it can cause confusion.

Three weeks left to enter but please don't  all wait to the last minute as I want to get the lists up pretty quickly

Can previous players and potential new players let me know if they intend to participate so I can see how many I am likely to get?

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Can previous players and potential new players let me know if they intend to participate so I can see how many I am likely to get?

I've truly enjoyed playing Scavenger Hunt Bingo IV and V and will play it again.

This pool is one of my favourites.

I'm very busy these days, and two categories are a little more complicated than I thought... I need some more time.

Thanks for your notable work as a host, @Bibliogryphon.

• Like 2

I wouldn't miss this one for the world, it's so fascinating to follow. 

I've been a bit busy but have made a start on teams.

• Like 2

Scavenger Hunt is unironically the pool I want to win most these days, but won't be able to submit a team until much later in the month (and even then it's going to be scrappy, really strapped for time all summer).

• Like 2

I'll be failing to successfully defend my title... I now think I should have looked into the categories a bit more before choosing them as a couple of them are absolute bastards to research! Only got my Simpsons team sorted so far, but will be working on the others soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloPhil said:

I'll be failing to successfully defend my title... I now think I should have looked into the categories a bit more before choosing them as a couple of them are absolute bastards to research! Only got my Simpsons team sorted so far, but will be working on the others soon.

I was getting confused doing verifications. I was about to reject a pick because I couldn't find a Simpsons credit for them when I remembered that I was meant to be checking for Batman. 

I think the Football category will be the most open field

• Haha 1

I can provide people with websites to check out that helped me as they list certain things if you want (send a DM as I don't know if it's allowed here). Just finding The Simpsons stuff took me less than 10 minutes and even less so with head of state spouses. Then found a gold mine with a website for football players.

I will obviously be entering, and having won Games 2 and 4, will be hoping to make it a hat trick in Game 6! :D

School finishes in a little over a week when I will blitz some research and hopefully come up with some nifty picks. Good luck all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well that's 20% of the only team I've picked so far gone... couldn't have waited, could you Bob?

For those who had picked Bob Newhart subs will go in so let me have an extra sub

13 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

For those who had picked Bob Newhart subs will go in so let me have an extra sub

Might have, I'm not saying, but if I did, i've sent another sub.

• Haha 2

I'll be giving this one a miss.

Ivor Novello winners so unclear as to be too much work. So for example, the award for song musically and lyrically is seemingly awarded to the songwriters, not the performer, but when I try to double check, I'm not getting results.

So I'm passing this time round. Good luck to everyone who tries harder than me. ;)

• Sad 3

On 20/07/2024 at 11:31, YoungWillz said:

I'll be giving this one a miss.

Ivor Novello winners so unclear as to be too much work. So for example, the award for song musically and lyrically is seemingly awarded to the songwriters, not the performer, but when I try to double check, I'm not getting results.

So I'm passing this time round. Good luck to everyone who tries harder than me. ;)

If that's the only round you're struggling with, you're surely resourceful enough to pluck 5 qualifying names out? You've still got a week to enter. I'm in a similar boat, the Ivor's are surprisingly difficult to research for major music awards, but I'm getting there. It would be a shame for you to miss out, you're one of the few remaining veterans of all 5 previous games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

If that's the only round you're struggling with, you're surely resourceful enough to pluck 5 qualifying names out? You've still got a week to enter. I'm in a similar boat, the Ivor's are surprisingly difficult to research for major music awards, but I'm getting there. It would be a shame for you to miss out, you're one of the few remaining veterans of all 5 previous games.

I'm having similar oh dear god at the Ivors, not helped by their website bring SHIT, and me being rather unwell just now, but if someone could point to a big list of the eligible names for that category (like we have for the others) it would be most appreciated.

1 hour ago, msc said:

website bring SHIT

Oh my word, it brings a whole new meaning to useless.

1 hour ago, msc said:

someone could point to a big list of the eligible names for that category (like we have for the others) it would be most appreciated.

After the hours I spent sending ineligible candidates to biblio only to waste the poor mans time having to rebuff them? Not on your Nellie :evil2:. Wiki is hardly any better on the subject.

When I saw this pool I knew from the categories that I was over my head and I was not going to participate but watch from the sidelines.  But it looks to me that you all will deserve a bow with all the time and effort you  are doing even getting your teams in before the game begins.

I have to say that I don't understand why the Ivors category has been limited to certain categories,  which tends to favour younger people.  Allowing them all would open it up a bit.

The definitions of some categories have varied over time, which makes it even more complicated.

What was wrong with keeping it simple and just asking for winners?

4 hours ago, msc said:

I'm having similar oh dear god at the Ivors, not helped by their website bring SHIT, and me being rather unwell just now, but if someone could point to a big list of the eligible names for that category (like we have for the others) it would be most appreciated.

There are Wiki pages for award winners broken down into categories.  The categories keep changing but as long as they are not lifetime contribution awards then I will probably accept them 

• Thanks 1

I haven't left much time for this, but Ill throw together a quick team in the next week.

Quick clarification request:

5) Anyone credited in a movie featuring Batman (from "Batman" (1943) to "The Flash" (2023)) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_in_film

I take from this that anyone listed on the IMDB website with an "Uncredited" appearance is not acceptable?

On 25/07/2024 at 08:21, An Fear Beag said:

I haven't left much time for this, but Ill throw together a quick team in the next week.

Quick clarification request:

5) Anyone credited in a movie featuring Batman (from "Batman" (1943) to "The Flash" (2023)) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_in_film

I take from this that anyone listed on the IMDB website with an "Uncredited" appearance is not acceptable?

Correct

• Thanks 1