Guest IYG

Hollywood Possibilities

Report of the death of Mickey Gilbert, stuntman who doubled for Robert Redford and Gene Wilder in particular: 

Yes, he's the guy who leaps from a cliff in Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid.

Too many good movies to mention, here is his IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0318176/

• Like 3

Robert M. Young, very old film director with a Genarians page, dead at 99.

Sorry if this was already posted but I couldn't find it.

• Like 3

On 02/02/2024 at 14:26, RetroGamer47 said:

Carl Weathers Rocky Star Dead at 76

Cause of death revealed to be atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease

4 minutes ago, mollyafox said:

Cause of death revealed to be atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease

:clivedunn: search function exists.

45 minutes ago, drol said:

:clivedunn: search function exists.

Yeah like that's easy to write on the search function!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

American child actor Dix Davis (Wiki), known for his appearance in Our Gang film series dead at 97

image.png.4ac9758b4ff965f3f45657816507293e.png

• Like 7

US sculptor and animator Mike Trcic reportedly dead aged 63: https://www.verdenews.com/news/2024/feb/10/obituary-michael-trcic/

Probably best known for animating the T-Rex in Jurassic Park.

Also worked on Terminator 2: Judgement Day and Batman Returns. Make Up credits include Day Of The Dead and Alien Nation. Puppeteer for Chucky in Child's Play 2 and the Crypt Keeper in Tales From The Crypt.

IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0871543/

• Like 4

Actor Paul D'Amato died at age 75, born in Worcester, Massachusetts. He was cast as henchman Tim "Dr. Hook" McCracken in a hockey movie (he played ice hockey in college) starring the legendary Paul Newman . Considered one of the best sports films of all time, Slap Shot was released in February 1977 and almost instantly achieved cult classic status. I also appeared in The Deadliest Season (1977 TV movie), The Deer Hunter (1978) , Firepower (1979) and Heaven's Gate . His appearance in Slap Shot served as the basis for artist John Byrne's interpretation of the comic book character Wolverine

https://patch.com/connecticut/enfield/actor-paul-damato-dies-avid-enfield-athletic-hall-fame-supporter

image.jpeg.226db13ef6a1b2bfbc9d9e3e0458345f.jpeg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, diego said:

Actor Paul D'Amato died at age 75, born in Worcester, Massachusetts. He was cast as henchman Tim "Dr. Hook" McCracken in a hockey movie (he played ice hockey in college) starring the legendary Paul Newman . Considered one of the best sports films of all time, Slap Shot was released in February 1977 and almost instantly achieved cult classic status. I also appeared in The Deadliest Season (1977 TV movie), The Deer Hunter (1978) , Firepower (1979) and Heaven's Gate . His appearance in Slap Shot served as the basis for artist John Byrne's interpretation of the comic book character Wolverine

https://patch.com/connecticut/enfield/actor-paul-damato-dies-avid-enfield-athletic-hall-fame-supporter

image.jpeg.226db13ef6a1b2bfbc9d9e3e0458345f.jpeg

RIP to the coach and chief punk on that Syracuse team. 

IMG_3323.png

• Like 1

I remember D'Amato for a his turn in The Deer Hunter where he plays a embittered veteran at the wedding party. RIP 

• Like 1

From the Dead of 2011 thread: 

On 04/11/2011 at 00:41, time said:

Actor Wyatt Knight, who played Tommy in Porky's & Porky's II has been found dead in Maui, suspected suicide.

http://perezhilton.c...de#.TrMzxUPwXdk

Tony Ganios, who played Anthony "Meat" Tuperello in the Porky's franchise and Perry in The Wanderers, reportedly dead: 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Tony Ganios, who played Anthony "Meat" Tuperello in the Porky's franchise and Perry in The Wanderers, reportedly dead: 

R.I.P. Meat. Love Porkys.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

Died from a Heart attack after surgery

• Sad 1

Times obit for Dyson Lovell (wiki) British film producer and actor, who has died from cancer aged 87.

A producer on Francis Ford Coppola's The Cotton Club and Franco Zeffirelli's Hamlet. Had a supporting role as Sampson in Zeffirelli's 1968 version of Romeo and Juliet.

• Like 1

Veteran character actor Chris Gauthier, known for his work in genre entertainment, died at 48 years:

https://tvline.com/news/chris-gauthier-cause-of-death-once-upon-a-time-dead-obituary-1235173792/

He's appeared as Smee on Once Upon A Time in Wonderland, Phil in Netflix's A Serien of Unfortunatie Ebents and Vincent in Eureka.

He's starred alongside actors the likes of Robert Englund andJeffrey Dean Morgan during his decades long career. 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

Ah the hefty chap from Harper's Island.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, msc said:

Ah the hefty chap from Harper's Island.

This and Toyman from Smallville are what I remember him most as. 

On 24/09/2022 at 06:15, alt obits guy said:

Speaking of Holliman, I came across this fact when recently going through IMDB. The four main actors from the American TV series 'Police Woman', which ran from 1974 to 1978, are all still alive. Holliman, Angie Dickinson, as well as Charles Dierkop and Ed Bernard continue to be among the living.

American actor Charles Dierkop (Wikidead at 87

image.thumb.png.ad055b6acde885e0cd0c7c430c31f1a9.png

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

One of those actors with a distinctive face you can pick out anywhere. R.I.P. Flat Nose Curry

39 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

First main cast member of Police Woman to die. I honestly just watched my final episode of Police Woman yesterday, with the aim to watch all the episodes whilst all four main actors were still alive. I was out by one day.

2 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

First main cast member of Police Woman to die. I honestly just watched my final episode of Police Woman yesterday, with the aim to watch all the episodes whilst all four main actors were still alive. I was out by one day.

Do you ever wake up in the middle of the night and think to yourself “is this really my life”?

• Like 1

On 15/09/2018 at 20:36, alt obits guy said:

Thad Mumford, a noted African-American TV writer for shows like 'M*A*S*H' and 'The Electric Company,' has died.  He was 67.  For M*A*S*H, anyway, he always worked with Dan Wilcox. A number of their scripts were put into production.

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/thad-mumford-dead-dies-african-american-writer-mash-1202942657/

American screenwriter Dan Wilcox (Wikidead at 82

Won one and was nominated for four more Primetime Emmy Awards

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, The Daredevil said:

Good to know that you were honest about it.

• Haha 1