Crispy

Paul Hunter

I saw no explanation there.

Just one bloke in a roundabout way saying 'hey it works for me'.

Hows about someone answering the question.

What do you get out of this?

How is it fun?

How is is worthwhile?

I don't buy the argument that its beneficial to society by way of tackling and thus removing taboo's. That's nonsense.

I'll have a go at answering ;)

I get a lot out of predicting someones death. Jimbola, it's a bit like betting on the horses but isn't cruel to animals.

How is it fun? I could ask the same about snooker!!!!

How is it worthwhile? - Well......ahem... cough....splutter, it gets a lot of like minded people together to talk about death. Some of us who work in jobs where you have to be very politcally correct take great pleasure in checking in here to be as unpolitically correct as possible. Very worthwhile in my opinion.

That said, good luck to Paul Hunter. It takes real guts embark on a best of twenty frames snooker marathon whilst he has such high levels of radiation going through his bloodstream. I hope it doesn't set him back too much.

Guest Guest

This site is disgusting. How could anyone want to read this crap. These are people you are sentencing to death, they have families and I don't know how you can sleep at night creating and contributing to such utter heartlessness. You know what they say "what goes around, comes around"

You are all sick.

We're not sentencing anyone to death...people die no matter what we do, it's just part of life. We're all going to die. It's a given that life is a congenital disease with a 100% mortality rate, some of it just accept it better than others, and while we're waiting for our time, pass part of the time by speculating on the final misfortune, or triumph, depending on the person and severity of their suffering.

How can anyone read this you ask???? You read this crap, why don't you tell us why you didn't just turn a blind eye and let us be our happy, sick selves?

While you're reading THIS post...clicking and scrolling using one hand, how about removing the pole from your ass with the other hand.

Why would I want to get involved in a Deathpool? I used to work in a hospital with the elderly, so I've seen my share of people circling the drain, understand that death isn't always a horrible thing and that researching health isn't all that difficult. What's your problem?

Cheers.

I really cannot understand people like you. I don't think I would even want to get into the head of somebody who takes pleasure out of predicting when people are going to die. You clearly have too much time on your hands, don't you? Maybe you should try getting out of your basement once in a while, then you might even be able to find yourself a friend or two. It's what normal people do.

So what exactly did you do in that hospital you worked in? You clearly weren't a nurse (and if you were you shouldn't have been) because no nurse in their right mind would tell somebody to "remove a pole from their ass" because they don't take the pleasure that you take in predicting death. Maybe you were responsible for supplying the balloons and party cake when someone died. Or maybe you were responsible for the budget seeing as you were probably the best one at guessing when someone was going to go. You would have been really good at knowing how many balloons to purchase each month. Still, I guess you have to try and feel important somehow, don't you. It's clearly the only way you know how.

When you talk about "people circling the drain" you're just showing how few brain cells you really have. No, death doesn't always have to be horrible. It can be a release. A release from the suffering that the poor person is going through. The process of dying from cancer is distressing and shattering. It's the process that the young man is going through right now. You remember, the young man you're betting on. Every day of my life I deal with people who have to accept the fact that they are dying. People who spend their last months trying to spend all the time possible with their young children knowing that they'll never see them again. Or parents whose children are dying of cancer. It's so sad and I cannot understand how anyone could take pleasure in betting how much time someone has left.

Asking somebody as uneducated as yourself to be compassionate is clearly a waste of time so I won't bother. I doubt you would have the intelligence. You're clearly a very sad and lonely individual if this is the way you choose to spend your time. As my time as a nurse I have also met quite a few people with mental health problems. I can only assume you're one of them. If that is the case I suggest you get help for your sickness. If however you are not mentally ill and you really do just do this for 'fun', you should be so ashamed of yourself.

Don't bother responding to this message, I won't look at this again. You're a very sick individual and nothing you can say could justify the fun you get out of this so-called website.

Good luck, I hope you get the help you need. And if by some misfortune you end up dying of cancer yourself be sure to let your 'friends' on this forum know. They may be able to place some good bets and make a bit of money. Failing that, perhaps they could supply the balloons for when you're taking your last breath.

I've had cancer in my family and I can assure you all it not a joke,

"I've got cancer of the wife."

Peter Cook

I really cannot understand people like you. I don't think I would even want to get into the head of somebody who takes pleasure out of predicting when people are going to die. You clearly have too much time on your hands, don't you? Maybe you should try getting out of your basement once in a while, then you might even be able to find yourself a friend or two. It's what normal people do.

Blimey! I'd like to think you aren't a self-righteous hypocritical git, but I can't quite manage it.

You certainly like to assume things about people about whom you know little.

There is no harm in predicting when people will die. It doesn't hurt them, and it rarely offends them. It only offends self-righteous hypocritical gits.

The person you are attacking in this case clearly has some friends (among whom I am proud to count myself). He is a decent chap who loves his mother, helps old ladies over the road and has a slightly macabre sense of humour which his many friends find quite sympathetic. You on the other hand need a visit from Mr Tickle.

So what exactly did you do in that hospital you worked in? You clearly weren't a nurse (and if you were you shouldn't have been) because no nurse in their right mind would tell somebody to "remove a pole from their ass" because they don't take the pleasure that you take in predicting death. Maybe you were responsible for supplying the balloons and party cake when someone died. Or maybe you were responsible for the budget seeing as you were probably the best one at guessing when someone was going to go. You would have been really good at knowing how many balloons to purchase each month. Still, I guess you have to try and feel important somehow, don't you. It's clearly the only way you know how.

Surely if someone has a pole up their ass, literally or figuratively it is usually in their own best interests to remove it. I don't know if you have a pole up your ass, but you certainly give that impression in a strong way.

And sarcasm isn't big and it isn't clever. It is the last resort of self righteous etc...

When you talk about "people circling the drain" you're just showing how few brain cells you really have. No, death doesn't always have to be horrible. It can be a release. A release from the suffering that the poor person is going through. The process of dying from cancer is distressing and shattering. It's the process that the young man is going through right now. You remember, the young man you're betting on. Every day of my life I deal with people who have to accept the fact that they are dying. People who spend their last months trying to spend all the time possible with their young children knowing that they'll never see them again. Or parents whose children are dying of cancer. It's so sad and I cannot understand how anyone could take pleasure in betting how much time someone has left.

Look more closely at the site. On second thoughts dont. Just go away. But first be told: we don't bet on deaths.

And we treat the suffering with respect. You seem quite big at jumping to conclusions.

We simply observe the inevitable and if we do it with humour, it is done with an underlying respect. One needs a sense of humour to recognise this perhaps, but you came in here guns blazing with your mind made up, and you show little evidence of a sense of humour, or so it would seem.

Asking somebody as uneducated as yourself to be compassionate is clearly a waste of time so I won't bother. I doubt you would have the intelligence. You're clearly a very sad and lonely individual if this is the way you choose to spend your time. As my time as a nurse I have also met quite a few people with mental health problems. I can only assume you're one of them. If that is the case I suggest you get help for your sickness. If however you are not mentally ill and you really do just do this for 'fun', you should be so ashamed of yourself.

Stuff and nonsense. Who put all that balderdash into your head?

There is an old Scottish saying:

He who knows he is absolutely right is already more than half way to being completely wrong.

Well, there isn't actually, I just made that up, but you get my meaning, I hope.

I won't look at this again.

Don't believe you.

You're a very sick individual and nothing you can say could justify the fun you get out of this so-called website.

Pish and tush! He is a perfectly all-right chap.

Good luck, I hope you get the help you need. And if by some misfortune you end up dying of cancer yourself be sure to let your 'friends' on this forum know. (Sarcasm deleted NAP)
Of course, what are friends for?

Madam, I do not wish to know you. Your outrage is prejudiced, misplaced, ill-informed and above all overacted.

In short, you are a Tabloid Newspaper.

I pretty much agree with everything that's being said here. When it comes down to it, we're not hurting anyone. Whether we talk about it or not, these people will die. Everyone will die. You will die, I will die, we all will die. Everyone deals with it in different ways. If you deal with it by ignoring, that's your choice, and you won't be judged, but I personally think it just makes it harder when you try to avoid reality until it hits at the last second. While I think it's good to be sensitive to people who deal with it in different ways (ie. by not joking/discussing it to people who have just lost a family member say), I don't think it's sick or disgusting to discuss it among a community of like-minded people. Maybe this isn't the best way of dealing with reality, but it's our way, and if you have a better way, then use it, but don't judge us since we don't judge you.

Do you have friends and a social life, girlfriends?? (honestly, come on tell the truth).

Argh! You got me... I must admit that I do not have a girlfriend.

Guest Guest

I think most guests are trying to say in essence that we respect Paul, feel for him and his condition and it is quite upsetting for people to look on it as a joke. The fact that it comes up instantly on Google when you search under his name is naturally going to upset people who stumble accross it. Without beign sarcastic or judging me please just consider for a moment how he or members of his family or friends might feel if they found it. Good Luck to Paul, lets hope he gets through this, and perhaps some of you that do find his condition amusing can show a bit more respect.

I think most guests are trying to say in essence that we respect Paul, feel for him and his condition and it is quite upsetting for people to look on it as a joke. The fact that it comes up instantly on Google when you search under his name is naturally going to upset people who stumble accross it. Without beign sarcastic or judging me please just consider for a moment how he or members of his family or friends might feel if they found it. Good Luck to Paul, lets hope he gets through this, and perhaps some of you that do find his condition amusing can show a bit more respect.

Your first sentence implies that members of the forum do not respect Paul Hunter, which is a bit of a leap in terms of assumption. I would guess that most members do respect him, or at least don't not respect him. The fact of the matter is, however, that he is going to die, as we all are. So why not talk about it? As has been (repeatedly) noted above, no one here is wishing him ill, or dead. In fact, he isn't even a DL candidate this year, so unless people have him on their DDP or HDP teams (completely different sites), there isn't any reason for anyone here to wish him dead.

The fact that this site appears high on the Google list for Paul is not down to anyone on this forum. We have no control over Google. I know little about how Google works, but I believe I'm right in thinking that the sites with more 'hits' for the searched item appear closer to the top? If that is the case, then if irate guests stop clicking on the DL URL when it appears on Google (and let's face it, the name The DeathList pretty much speaks for itself), coming onto the forum, and posting, maybe the Death List will fall down the Google ladder.

Finally, unless you are a member of Paul's family, perhaps you should stop assuming you know how they would feel about this site. Who knows... maybe they're DL members.

Of course we feel for him and his family and his condition, but the feeling won't change the final result, whether it's survival or not. I personally can say that I've never mocked his condition, or the condition of others on the site, merely speculated. I suppose some people may find that a bit beyond the pale, but it's part of my straightforward nature. Yet such is the price of fame that your demise, imminent or sudden, will come to the attention and commentary of thousands of people. Perhaps whatever his family might think of us, they should take solace in the fact that his existence was able to touch and affect many lives, and that's something that cannot be said about a lot of people.

Death is a fascinating phenomenon dear guest, due to its mystery and the way it affects our social interactions. Perhaps you should join us to see that we're not so horrible (most of us anyhow) and discuss these issues further.

To my bros and sisters here...thanks for stepping in. I was holding back and explanation and tirade the likes of which I haven't displayed since my college days.

Have to be honest, in my neck of the woods, we don't have snooker and we don't really know who Paul Hunter is for the most part, but battling cancer at such as age is quite tragic, but whether we send tons of well wishes or balloons of whatever variety, we don't have the power to change the way things are and will be...whatever may happen.

Everything else that's been written in the past several hours...I'm not going to repeat or rephrase anything, I'm in total agreement.

Paul Hunter is in the World Championship today. He looks far from his old self, but I'm somewhat staggered that's he's there at all. I read a report about three weeks ago, and I think the summary of it was he's winning, at the moment, what really is an almighty battle.

He looked pretty ragged in the World Championship tournament. According to this article, he was in quite a bit of pain and almost withdrew from it.

Australia's Robertson overcomes stricken Hunter

Guest Silveri

I hope you all enjoy long, painfull and agonizing deaths. Not to mention that it would be kind of fun if you first saw your kids or family members die first!!! That would be awsome!!! About the guy who said something about kids dying in Africa: Why don't you join the red cross or something if you care so much about the little suffering children of Africa? Well that's about all!! Hope you die, see you in hell!!!

I hope you all enjoy long, painfull and agonizing deaths. Not to mention that it would be kind of fun if you first saw your kids or family members die first!!! That would be awsome!!! About the guy who said something about kids dying in Africa: Why don't you join the red cross or something if you care so much about the little suffering children of Africa? Well that's about all!! Hope you die, see you in hell!!!

Wahey!

A ranter that has obviously read and taken note of our recent grumblings regarding spelling and grammar.

painfull

Being the only mistake I noticed at a quick glance.

Although perhaps he's overcompensated and let himself down a little in the grammar department by adding so many exclamation marks.

Well done, Silveri.

Great post.

Look forward to seeing you in Hell.

Aha!

1. [0] The post states that the members of DeathList.net are sick.
  2. [0] The post states that a relative or friend of the writer died recently.
  3. [0] The post states that a living relative or friend of the writer suffers from cancer or some other terminal disease.
  4. [0] If the post is written in a topic about a person, living or dead, the post states or infers that the subject is above criticism.
  5. [1] The post states or infers that the poster is morally or intellectually superior to the members of DeathList.net.
  6. [0] The post contains one or more obscenities.
  7. [1] The post states or infers a wish of a painful or imminent death on the members of DeathList.net.
  8. [1] The post states or infers a wish that the members of DeathList.net to go to hell.
  9. [0] The post contains five or more misspelt words. Obvious typos do not count as spelling mistakes, nor do accepted spelling variants.
  10. [0] The post contains two or more grammatical errors.
  11. [0] The post contains one or more instances of misuse of "there / their / they're / there're".
  12. [0] The post contains one or more instances of misuse of "your/ you're".
  13. [0] The post contains one or more instances of "alot" instead of "a lot".
  14. [0] The post contains one or more instances of the pronoun "I" in lower case.
  15. [0] The post contains five or more instances of bad interpunction and capitalisation.
  16. [0] The post contains three or more instances of a multisyllabic word written in ALL CAPS.
  17. [0] The post is written in one case only (lower case or capital).
  18. [1] The post contains one or more instances of consecutive question marks (??) or exclamation marks (!!).
  19. [0] The post contains l33t5PE@K or AOLese.
  20. [0] The post speaks about the poster in the third person
  21. [0] The post contains one or more direct contradictions.
  22. [0] The post contains one or more statements that are widely agreed on to be false.
  23. [0] The post tries to rebut a statement that was not made in a previous post in the topic.
  24. [0] The post contains one or more email addresses.
  25. [0] The post contains one or more threats of physical violence.

The DLRI of this post is a low (4/25)*100 = 16.

regards,

Hein

Hmm, did you read anything at all on this thread before your ridiculous post?

I can see that people discussing the survival chances of a famous person with cancer on a forum specifically for that sort of thing have clearly committed the sort of evil that deserves all of us to watch our families die in front of us before suffering the same ourselves. What we're doing is right up there with genocide and The Golden Girls as a hate crime. I expect.

I should stop taking the bait I suppose, I actually thought most of the posts on this thread were fairly respectful towards Paul. It's not as if anybody is trying to say he's evil & deserves to die, for instance.

He's evil and deserves to die!

He's evil and deserves to die!
[drumroll]Ithangyew![/drumroll]

Kind of set myself up for that one... :unsure:

[edit]

Just realised I've overused the drumroll thing a bit recently, I shall try & refrain from now on. I offer my sincerest apologies i.e. not very sincere.

<<insert your own comedy rant here!>> Hope you die, see you in hell!!!

I've never really understood the use of this phrase as an insult. I mean, does it not necessarily imply that the speaker him or herself is and/or will also be in hell? In which case, they themselves cannot be of particularly high moral standards. In which case, perhaps they should focus less on the words/actions of others, and work a bit more on their own personal betterment.

I am reminded of the words voiced by an old friend of mine, who, by utilising his aural mastery, can lead us all to finding the better man inside each of us:

I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. And no message could have been any clearer: if you wanna make the world a better place... take a look at yourself, and then make a change (na na na, na na na, na na, na nah).

I think we should all take a moment to ponder the depths of this message. I know I will be. And so will my wife.

I am reminded of the words voiced by an old friend of mine, who, by utilising his aural mastery, can lead us all to finding the better man inside each of us:

I'm starting with the man in the mirror. I'm asking him to change his ways. And no message could have been any clearer: if you wanna make the world a better place... take a look at yourself, and then make a change (na na na, na na na, na na, na nah).

I thought he was looking for the better man inside himself by gradually peeling away layer after layer of old skin he no longer wants? Should be there soon, only a couple more to go.

He took a look at himself, he made that change, but I don't think his 'aural mastery' (never heard it called that before, sN-word sN-word) made the world a better place, your honour.

Although if it turns out that 'your old friend' is 'the better man', then certainly there are already plenty of people who've found the better man inside of them,* before the police got involved and stopped it all.

Just not in me please, Mr...... Jefferson, not in me. :unsure:

*allegedly.

About the guy who said something about kids dying in Africa: Why don't you join the red cross or something if you care so much about the little suffering children of Africa? Well that's about all!! Hope you die, see you in hell!!!

Hey Mr Silveri that was me.

Caps needed on Red Cross and "e" missing from awesome, otherwise grammatically not too bad.

I quite agree there are far too many of those African charities and Prince Harry has just started another one, Sentebal for the Aids orphans in Lesotho. The inconsiderate little git.

What about Hunter, Spencer and Higgins and Chris Small of course? Then there's Joe Johnson who is suffering from being fat and useless. I think me and you should start a new charity just for snooker players.

What could we call it?

Suntans for snooker?

Off Colour?

Any other ideas?

What could we call it?

Suntans for snooker?

Off Colour?

Any other ideas?

Blackballed to bottom left

Give them a break

Pocket money

Queue action

regards,

Hein

Snookered for good?

Paul Hunter to undergo more chemnotherapy

The 27-year-old was defeated in the first round at The Crucible in Sheffield last week – admitting immediately afterwards he would have to undergo a 16-week programme of chemnotherapy more intensive than the treatment he endured last year.

Hunter, from Upper Batley, has neuroendocrine tumours (Nets), an extremely rare form of cancer that usually occurs first in the digestive system.

Three-times Masters Champion Hunter was out of the game for six months last year as cancer specialists at Leeds's St James's Hospital tried to reduce levels of the rare form of cancer within his bloodstream.

But in November tests showed cancer levels had increased once again.

Speaking last week, Hunter admitted: "I'm worse off than I was last year. This treatment is to try to stop the cancer from growing and if it works then I will have more to try to shrink it."

He's a comparatively young man and they're still blasting away at him at Jimmies so he's beginning to look more like a candidate for next year. Who knows, he might even recover and go on to win the world championship? The only problem I have with that is that someone will want to make a film about it and I couldn't stand a snooker film, particularly not a snooker/cancer film.

What might it be called?

One flew over the corner pocket?

A Bridge Too far?

Breakback Mountain?

Some Like to Pot?

How Green was my Table?

Potin' in the Rain?

He's a comparatively young man and they're still blasting away at him at Jimmies so he's beginning to look more like a candidate for next year. Who knows, he might even recover and go on to win the world championship? The only problem I have with that is that someone will want to make a film about it and I couldn't stand a snooker film, particularly not a snooker/cancer film.

What might it be called?

One flew over the corner pocket?

A Bridge Too far?

Breakback Mountain?

Some Like to Pot?

How Green was my Table?

Potin' in the Rain?

I just hope that, at the film's conclusion, he goes out in a baize of glory...