Crispy

Paul Hunter

Paul Hunter is in the World Championship today. He looks far from his old self, but I'm somewhat staggered that's he's there at all. I read a report about three weeks ago, and I think the summary of it was he's winning, at the moment, what really is an almighty battle.

He looked pretty ragged in the World Championship tournament. According to this article, he was in quite a bit of pain and almost withdrew from it.

Australia's Robertson overcomes stricken Hunter

Let's br frank. He played like sh*t. He played like Alex Higgins would if he were sober.

Paul Hunter is in the World Championship today. He looks far from his old self, but I'm somewhat staggered that's he's there at all. I read a report about three weeks ago, and I think the summary of it was he's winning, at the moment, what really is an almighty battle.

He looked pretty ragged in the World Championship tournament. According to this article, he was in quite a bit of pain and almost withdrew from it.

Let's br frank. He played like sh*t. He played like Alex Higgins would if he were sober.

Sorry Milwall, I disagree. To be able to play snooker at all after chemotherapy takes some doing. If I were him, I would have lost 10-0 on purpose just so I didn't have to go through to round 2. He displayed balls

(or should I say ball, methinks one has been removed :D )

Sorry Milwall, I disagree. To be able to play snooker at all after chemotherapy takes some doing. If I were him, I would have lost 10-0 on purpose just so I didn't have to go through to round 2. He displayed balls

(or should I say ball, methinks one has been removed :( )

I had no idea he was a monobollockular snooker player. At least there's no chance of a touching ball.

I had no idea you took snooker so seriously. Would you like to meet in FLYORDIE some time for a few frames?

He's a madman to be playing in that state.

I don't reckon his life's necessarily in imminent danger of ending though.

What's making him feel so bad and not play well are the effects of the chemotherapy. Another effect of the chemotherapy may well be to cure his cancer and save his life.

He's still No. 34 in the world apparently, so he can't be playing that badly. Not that standards appear particularly high generally, given yesterday's spectacle.

www.[censored].com

Where there is will there is a way!

Is this actually Paul?

If it is, then I would like to say on behalf of the Death List Forum...fair play to you and we hope you beat your current struggle. If it's any comfort, my wife had cancer and we had a beautiful little girl a few months ago.

If it is you, I'm guessing from the cheeky guest name, keep going mate...no-one wants you on a list any time soon.

Edited by Magere Hein

www.[censored].com
Is this actually Paul?

No. It was just spam.

regards,

Hein

Hang on, what happened to the post just before mine? (At least I managed to quote the charity)

I'll do my bit, but what's going on?

Is the Grim Reaper actually Paul?

What?

Hang on, what happened to the post just before mine? (At least I managed to quote the charity)

What?

Oh, bollocks.

What?

I deleted the post and censored the web address in your quote. It was spam.

DL Management have a standing policy of killing spam on sight. It's in the Unwritten Rules somewhere. :o

regards,

Hein

What?

I deleted the post and censored the web address in your quote. It was spam.

DL Management have a standing policy of killing spam on sight. It's in the Unwritten Rules somewhere. :o

regards,

Hein

Fair play! I should think so!

I was just about to donate n'all...

Guest ME

Firstly i want to apologize for the confussion , i am not Paul ( tho i never implied i m ) ..

Secondly, Mr Moderator, it wasn't a spam, was just a newby saying an opinion... I posted the site for the few ppl around here , who aren't that morbid and narrow-minded , and want to find out more about the disease Paul has, couse it is a rare form of cancer, and why not to get involved in helping the research if they want and have the possibilities ...

Just out of curiosity ever before censored anyother post, or it is just something special about ME ?! Is strange how wide open the forum seems, considering one doesn't even have to get an account here in order to post , makes it seem as any newby is welcomed to say an opinion, but in fact the board is sooo "wide shut "...

Sorry, my opinion...feel free to delete it ( this way i'd be sure you've read it )....

Be well !

Firstly i want to apologize for the confussion , i am not Paul ( tho i never implied i m ) ..

Secondly, Mr Moderator, it wasn't a spam, was just a newby saying an opinion... I posted the site for the few ppl around here , who aren't that morbid and narrow-minded , and want to find out more about the disease Paul has, couse it is a rare form of cancer, and why not to get involved in helping the research if they want and have the possibilities ...

Just out of curiosity ever before censored anyother post, or it is just something special about ME ?! Is strange how wide open the forum seems, considering one doesn't even have to get an account here in order to post , makes it seem as any newby is welcomed to say an opinion, but in fact the board is sooo "wide shut "...

Sorry, my opinion...feel free to delete it ( this way i'd be sure you've read it )....

Be well !

Dear ME,

That's not me, of course, but you. I don't know what you wrote originally but if it was anything advertising some kind of commercial web site of little relevance it would have been knobbled.

I would say the site is pretty tolerant. If it has one big prejudice, it is probably against those who can't be bothered to frame their words or ideas properly. In that sense I would say the DL is guilty of being "thickist".

As far as I can see there isn't much special about you. If you have any insight in to Mr Hunter's condition it would be very welcome although personally I'm more interested in John Spencer who is one of my picks.

I hope this has been of some help.

best regards,

Godot

Be well !

Me,

There may be something special about you, but not this I'm afraid. Did you really think yours would be the first ever post to be censored or deleted? Well I suppose you did, or you wouldn't have said it.

Your post starts by asking if your post being deleted is a first, and by the end of the post you suggest the board is 'wide shut' (very clever) to newbies. You can't have it both ways can you?

Try reading any of the threads that provoke the most controversy (this is a good one, for instance) and you'll find plenty of posts from people who don't like this site or what it does, but amazingly the posts are still here.

Sorry, that's just my opinion... but I tried to at least base mine on some easily validated and accessible facts. I'm not trying to claim all of my opinions are universal truths, but it bothers me that people do try to justify the most astonishing points of view by hiding behind the right to opinion as if that makes their argument more valid somehow.

Kind regards,

TLC

Secondly, Mr Moderator, it wasn't a spam, was just a newby saying an opinion...

Your post did not contain any opinions. It did contain a URL and a well known English saying. That URL was of the website of a cancer charity. Since the URL was posted without any context, I assumed it was an advertisment. That makes it spam and a fair target for immediate deletion.

You could have avoided this by giving a description of the website that URL points to and an explanation why it was on topic.

I hope this helps.

regards,

Hein

Guest Guest
or it is just something special about ME ?!

I'm confuddled, befuddled and generally confused. This thread is about Paul Hunter and just how extensive his brush with cancer will be - and now we've got mentions of what was earstwhile referred to as 'Yuppie Flu'.

Surtely a snooker player having risen from the dark, dingy halls of Leeds can't be classed as a 'Yuppie'?

Guest Guest
Re: the Paul Hunter messages - cheap laughs, well done all of you, so witty, so funny and to the owner of this site the same sentiments, good laugh when it's down the pub after a few drinks if you know it's done in jest, but if you actually devote time to doing this online, you've got serious problems. But of course, no-one will ever know or suspect it's YOU will they??? Very brave of you - see you down the dole queue, loser.

Oh and if you even bother retaliating to this you're an even bigger loser.

Shut up.

(Thats all the time I'm allocating to that one.)

paul hunter sadly passed away 2day from cancer

Re: the Paul Hunter messages - cheap laughs, well done all of you, so witty, so funny and to the owner of this site the same sentiments, good laugh when it's down the pub after a few drinks if you know it's done in jest, but if you actually devote time to doing this online, you've got serious problems. But of course, no-one will ever know or suspect it's YOU will they??? Very brave of you - see you down the dole queue, loser.

Shut up.

Dear Guest

Please substantiate your claim. He is in my DDP team and thus I am very interested in such news.

DWB :)

Paul Hunter has died due to cancer.

Teletext has confirmed it.

Shut up.

Dear Guest

Please substantiate your claim. He is in my DDP team and thus I am very interested in such news.

DWB :)

This is out of control. The websight is so busy I could barely access. This has got to be some record. There was 78 guests viewing this page. I searched Google and Wikipedia, but have found no evidence that Paul Hunter has passed away. The announcement could possibly be on the verge?

Guest matthew

paul hunter has just died and it is absolutley terrible the guy had a wife and kids and i myself admired him dearly he was a great role model to me keeping a smile on his face right to the end i saw pall hunter once at an exibition match and he is such a charector and a funny guy he is well loved and deservedly so were all going to miss you sooo much paul i love and admire you even now. you will always be with our thoughts

rip paul hunter 1978-2006 we love you

from matt

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...ker/6035879.stm

Hunter loses battle with cancer

Paul Hunter has died at the age of 27 after a battle with cancer.

The Leeds player was taken into the Kirkwood Hospice in Huddersfield last Friday and died on Monday evening.

The three-time Masters champion was diagnosed with dozens of neuro endocrine tumours on the lining of his stomach in March 2005.

Hunter would have been 28 on Saturday. He leaves a wife, Lindsey, and a daughter, Evie Rose, who was born on Boxing Day of last year.

Hunter turned professional at the age of 16 in 1995 and won his first major title, the 1998 Welsh Open, at the age of 19.

He also won the Welsh title in 2002 and picked up the British Open trophy the same year.

But he will be best remembered for his exploits at Wembley.

Hunter recovered from 7-3 down to beat Fergal O'Brien 10-9 in the 2001 final and fought back from 5-0 down to beat Mark Williams 10-9 in the final a year later.

He completed a hat-trick of Masters victories in 2004 when he came from 7-2 down to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan 10-9.

Hunter's best World Championship performance was reaching the semi-finals in 2003, where he led Ken Doherty 15-9 before the Irishman stormed back to win 17-16.

Despite chemotherapy treatment, Hunter continued to compete professionally but won only one match last season and fell from fifth to 34th in the rankings.

:) Paul Hunter (1978 - 2006)

BBC obituary