Mr Stats

World's Oldest

19 minutes ago, arghton said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUVjeSKoHqg

Lucile Randon interview apparently from today.

want to sleep last night thinking about her upcoming anniversary. Seems quite fine, despite her voice which seems more and more shaky but hasn't lost anything of her mind. The video also talks about another supercentenarian, Aline Blain, born 1911 who seem extremely healthy and clear of mind for a 110 yo woman. 

In some hours, Randon will be the official 4th validated person to ever reach 118, which has been achieved by 2 French woman out of the 4.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ai Suganoya from Osaka, Japan, who was previously in LIMBO condition and considered by many dead, was validated. She is 113 years and 276 days.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

In some hours, Randon will be the official 4th validated person to ever reach 118, which has been achieved by 2 French woman out of the 4.

Compare this to neighboring Germany, a country with even bigger population which only has 2 people 113+ (and these still UNvalidated actually)in it's history (Ollmann and Mange-not counting Gerneth).

• Like 1

She seems quite fine (for a 115+ year old people) but I'm scared this will be her last birthday ...

Her thoughts are really worrying (her 118th birthday wish is “to die soon”) and to be in high spirit is really important to keep up alive at this age I think. 

I still hope she will die after Tanaka, for her to be the oldest alive people for a while ...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, etib80 said:

She seems quite fine (for a 115+ year old people) but I'm scared this will be her last birthday ...

Her thoughts are really worrying (her 118th birthday wish is “to die soon”) and to be in high spirit is really important to keep up alive at this age I think. 

I still hope she will die after Tanaka, for her to be the oldest alive people for a while ...

However, she had said the same at 115.

• Like 2

Lucile Randon 118 today - an achievement only reached by 3 others documented in human history out of the tens (maybe hundreds) of billions of people who have ever lived.

• Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Kenny McCormick said:

the tens (maybe hundreds) of billions of people who have ever lived.

It's roughly 100 billion, as in "A hundred billion bottles washed up on the shore".

• Like 1

Video of Lucile Randon with her 118th birthday cake.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Shocked 1

On 12/04/2021 at 00:38, arghton said:

An annoying case that has been bothering me for the last few days is this Greek woman Eleftheria who claims to have been born on 12th of April 1903. I'd say that she's probably atleast 15 years less.

Robert Young said today that the Eleftheria case is "not yet resolved"

Lots of new photos from the Mayor of Toulon on his Twitter account : he came to visit her for her birthday, as he does every year. She seems quite fine physically I think, we’ve seen people of 80 looking like corpse for ages. Still amazed by Tanaka and her. Despite saying that she wishes to « join god soon », randon also said that « it’s possible for her to beat Calment’s age ». Will see how it turns out. 
don’t remember how Tanaka was at 118, was she healthier than Randon, anyone remembers ?  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, arghton said:

Robert Young said today that the Eleftheria case is "not yet resolved"

Oh and Kane Tanaka was born on the 26th of December 1902 according to her family's claim, report only filed on the 2nd of January 1903 because they didn't know if she'd survive.

If both of these claims would be correct (feels very unlikely to me that Eleftheria would ever get validated) there would currently still be someone alive from the cohorts of 1902, 1903 and 1904.

• Shocked 2

2 hours ago, arghton said:

Oh and Kane Tanaka was born on the 26th of December 1902 according to her family's claim, report only filed on the 2nd of January 1903 because they didn't know if she'd survive.

If both of these claims would be correct (feels very unlikely to me that Eleftheria would ever get validated) there would currently still be someone alive from the cohorts of 1902, 1903 and 1904.

Where did you find this story about eleftheria ? I doubt she’s 118 as she claimed anyway…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Where did you find this story about eleftheria ? I doubt she’s 118 as she claimed anyway…

Robert Young mentioned Eleftheria in the 110club forums thread about Lucile Randon today again. 

And I checked the thread now, turns out that someone has done research on her case and she actually claimed to have been born in 1913 instead of 1903, the articles about her age inflated it by a decade and she's dead, died in July 2021. 

• Shocked 1

An Iowan, who was believed the be the oldest living state wrestling champion in the country, passed away earlier this week. 

Paul E. Hassman of New Hampton, IA, died at the age of 108 on Thursday.

Hassman won the high school state wrestling championship in the 155-pound class in 1933. He and his teammates led New Hampton High School to its first individual titles and first team title.

For those across The Pond, Iowa is the hotbed of wrestling in the U.S.  The universities (Iowa, Iowa State) are always winning the college championships.  It’s a bit of an oddity but there it is. Anyway, thought it should be mentioned.

SirC

• Like 3

Sofia Rojas of Colombia is now validated as 8th oldest living person. She is the oldest ever validated supercentenarian from Colombia.

• Like 4

On 12/02/2022 at 00:36, arghton said:

Robert Young mentioned Eleftheria in the 110club forums thread about Lucile Randon today again. 

And I checked the thread now, turns out that someone has done research on her case and she actually claimed to have been born in 1913 instead of 1903, the articles about her age inflated it by a decade and she's dead, died in July 2021. 

Really weird. I wonder if this inflation from the reporters was intentional or not.

Current TOP 10

1) Kane Tanaka               119:044

2) Lucile Randon             118:004

3) Tekla Juniewicz          115:250

4) Maria Branyas Morera114:348

5) Casilda Benegas          114:313

6) Fusa Tatsumi                114:296

7) Anonymous of Hyog   114:292

8) Sofia Rojas                    114:186

9) Bessie Hendricks         114:100

10) Mila Mangold              114:093

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Hanzem said:

Really weird. I wonder if this inflation from the reporters was intentional or not.

It only needs one to get it wrong (perhaps just a typo) and others will copy it. 

On 18/01/2022 at 18:19, arghton said:

Only 2-4 men from 1909 and the 1900s living now. Barbosa seems to be a claimant? and probably dead. A year ago there were 14.

Saturnino dl Fuente Garcia declined pretty fastly during his year, but that's usually the way it goes.

The class of 1910 men is still strong, but we'll see how many are still alive in 2023, here are the (known) ones remaining from 1909 and 1910. Still a lot of people blocking some Indian news sites from calling Fauja Singh the "world's oldest man":

Juan Vicente Perez Mora (27 May 1909-) Oldest documented person from Venezuela. I won't say that he's in good condition because he'll probably die tomorrow if I do.

Geraldo de Jesus (2 August 1909-) Bedridden but lucid in October 2021.

Pauline Boulangger Mogollon (17 August 1909-) Claims to be 119, I don't know if he's "even" 112.

Delio Venturotti (25 October 1909-) See Perez Mora.

Eusebio Quintero Lopez (6 Mar 1910-) Oldest documented man from Colombia. Could still talk and stand in January 2021.

Efrain Antonio Rios Garcia (4 April 1910-) Also from Colombia.

Stanislaw Kowalski (14 April 1910-) Our favourite ancient runner.

Mikizo Ueda (11 May 1910-) Witnessed the Hiroshima bombing, seems like a great guy.

Victor Chanca Santos aka. Don Cumpita (14 June 1910-) Wheelchair-bound on his 110th. Oldest man in Peru ever if he's alive.

Otilio Dominguez Santos (15 June 1910-) Wheelchair-bound in December.

Tao Ruisheng (16 July 1910-) Fall in 2018, seems to be bedbound and frail now. Lives at home.

Chen Zhongbo (18 August 1910-) Wheelchair-bound. Apparently had a surgery at 97 but his family didn't tell him what his illness was.

Ja Hyung Lee (27 August 1910-) Could still walk with a walker in September. One of the oldest people in Canada.

Andre Boite (6 December 1910-) Oldest man in France, WWII POW. In a wheelchair.

Yang Longsheng (13 December 1910-) If there's someone whose health you can call "tragic", it's this guy. He's the male variant of the supercentenarians like Kura Bingo, Fusa Tatsumi etc, he's been bedbound and ultrafrail for the last 4 years.

Ezra Hill (19 December 1910-) Oldest US man after Brooks died.

Carlos Julio Rincon Garzon (24 December 1910-) Also Colombian. Orphan, lived a nomadic lifestyle and played music for people while travelling. Could still stand in March 2021.

Geraldo de Jesus has died according to his niece on Facebook.

• Like 4

RIP. He looked frail at his 110th and 111th birthday and there was no photo of him at 112, he was reportedly bedridden.

On 18/01/2022 at 19:19, arghton said:

Pauline Boulangger Mogollon (17 August 1909-) Claims to be 119, I don't know if he's "even" 112.

I didn't understand that. His identity card has 1909 as birthyear but he claims to be 119?

Rest in Peace Jesus. He was probably one of the frailest people on earth but apparently lucid until the end.

jesus.png.9225705446fb34cbe9fa3b239560c6d8.png

Only 2/3 living men born before 1910. JVPM, Venturotti and possibly Mogollon.

Some notes on others:

There's a documentary series being made on Juan Vicente Perez Mora.

Mikizo Ueda still looks great, doesn't look like he's declined a lot during the last years. Also apparently a Hiroshima bombing witness, not sure if he's a Hibakusha or was otherwise affected by the bombing.

ueda.png.40ece4a78112573ac9b20073166f0e02.png

3 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

I didn't understand that. His identity card says 112 but he claims 119?

They celebrated his 110th in 2019, 119th in 2021. I don't get it either.

Tao Ruisheng seems to have been bedridden for almost 4 years and possibly in a worse condition than Longsheng who is still lucid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arghton said:

They celebrated his 110th in 2019, 119th in 2021. I don't get it either.

To be honest it doesn't sound credible at all...

So likely after Juan Vicente Perez Mora it's Venturotti.

At this rate it is realistic than Kane Tanaka can outlive all males born in the 1900s. Or not, just because of Venturotti who looks quite strong.