Mr Stats

World's Oldest

I'm a classical musician and music teacher, so I share the name of the current oldest living composer: İlhan Usmanbaş, born on October 23, 1921.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Luca@1996 said:

I'm a classical musician and music teacher, so I share the name of the current oldest living composer: İlhan Usmanbaş, born on October 23, 1921.

Wrong post 

On 13/03/2022 at 08:48, Luca@1996 said:

…With a weird penchant for wars/Nazis if your complete posting history is any indication.

Actually I disagree with @Lafaucheuse and think the post is appropriate.  I’m aware the thread is intended for the world’s oldest super centenarians but put the blame on whoever created the thread for not saying what they meant.  It says World’s Oldest and, by God, Luca’s post talks about someone who is just that.  Change the damn name of the thread if you want clarity (or a subtitle will do). It’s been done before it can be done again.

SC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/01/2022 at 19:19, arghton said:

Mikizo Ueda (11 May 1910-) Witnessed the Hiroshima bombing, seems like a great guy.

Recent picture of Mikizo Ueda:

ueda.png.d28678b2ab447d0bb31793046c93c2f3.png

He was apparently in Hiroshima on the 6th of August 1945, but didn't get injured, atleast not seriously. In a pretty good condition for a 111-year-old, still exercises frequently.

• Like 6

Edie Ceccarelli was validated. She is 114 years and 41 days.

A photo from her 114th birthday shows that she is still able to walk with a walker.

114_Edie_Ceccarelli.thumb.png.6e72eda15a3c3d946e4d17b0714f6f5a.png

273380692_494346748726596_313988143791639863_n.jpg.111095f0121fec07dee2e7ee1f1efd51.jpg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

New photos of Irene Dunham (b. 16 December 1907)

275920514_4883260175042690_6582195936043754010_n.thumb.jpg.9d02a556095806f7d0a6a6922fffeda7.jpg

276012032_4883260311709343_2389952364449612385_n.thumb.jpg.13d56a3a444d5ccd1290782d82a3785d.jpg

• Like 3

On 18/01/2022 at 19:19, arghton said:

Valoy Ortiz (20 November 1911-) Uruguay, first Uruguayan man to reach 110.

Valoy Ortiz, oldest Uruguayan man ever and the seventh-oldest Uruguayan ever dead at 110:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Juan Vicente Perez Mora has been validated as the world's oldest living man. Also seems to be the first validated Venezuelan supercentenarian. 

• Like 5

Kane Tanaka is now only a week away from Knauss' age...

• Like 4

She is now actually only 5 days away from surpassing Sarah Knauss in number of total days lived (due to leap years).

6 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

She is now actually only 5 days away from surpassing Sarah Knauss in number of total days lived (due to leap years).

She is now 6 minutes closer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

20 hours ago, Hanzem said:

When did you last get laid?

Serious question.

• Haha 2

Having lived for 43,559 days, Kane Tanaka is now just one day away from tying Sarah Knauss in number of total days lived.

• Like 1

Kane is now over 1,045,400 hours old, which is only 100 hours away from me dropping trou and rubbing one out with excitement.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

When Kane dies, I feel it's my civic duty to warn her family to keep her casket closed at all times given there are a few DL members who may show up and have a tug over her.

• Haha 3

Are we taking into account the International Time Line?

I mean, what is time anyway?

Well, ackshually...

If Tanaka was born on the 26th of December 1902 (7 days earlier) and her parents delayed the filing process to make sure she survived as her book In Good and Bad Times, 107 Years Old. (2010) claims, she would currently be 119 years and 100 days old and already surpassed Knauss a few days ago.

However, if she suddenly invents a working time machine and uses it to travel back to, let's say 1990, to poison Jeanne Calment and Sarah Knauss, she'll immediately become the oldest person ever. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hanzem said:

Having lived for 43,559 days, Kane Tanaka is now just one day away from tying Sarah Knauss in number of total days lived.

Which may be worth more than we think. The theory that Jeanne Calmant was replaced by her own daughter hasn't totally gone away - though just looking over it on Wiki most of the evidence suggests she was the real deal.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Which may be worth more than we think. The theory that Jeanne Calmant was replaced by her own daughter hasn't totally gone away - though just looking over it on Wiki most of the evidence suggests she was the real deal.

The theory that Jeanne Calment was replaced by her own daughter is outweighed by the evidence against solely because it is complete and utter bollocks. 

2 minutes ago, msc said:

The theory that Jeanne Calment was replaced by her own daughter is outweighed by the evidence against solely because it is complete and utter bollocks. 

Well...

I saw an episode of Steptoe and Son once in which old Albert successfully went the full drag to pose as his dead wife and ensure he could collect her pension too. I found it very convincing. Though - thinking about it - Calman's daughter posing as her dead mum maybe has sitcom gold written all over it. I'd approach Channel 4, if they had a future!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Don’t understand why we’re still debating about Calment’s possible fraud tbh… Wasn’t it shown and proved that she was indeed, 122 as she told ? I don’t think there’s space for any doubts here, Calment’s case is one of the most documented and clear one out there..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Don’t understand why we’re still debating about Calment’s possible fraud tbh… Wasn’t it shown and proved that she was indeed, 122 as she told ? I don’t think there’s space for any doubts here, Calment’s case is one of the most documented and clear one out there..

The person who came up with the "Calment wasn't 122" theory was Nikolay Zak. He's a Russian mathematician, gerontology hobbyist, conspiracy theorist who for example doesn't believe that Kane Tanaka is actually 119. His claims were mostly based on Calment looking like her daughter and "not looking 120"

No idea how these claims got so much media attention around 2018 and 2019. 

2 minutes ago, arghton said:

The person who came up with the "Calment wasn't 122" theory was Nikolay Zak. He's a Russian mathematician, gerontology hobbyist, conspiracy theorist who for example doesn't believe that Kane Tanaka is actually 119. His claims were mostly based on Calment looking like her daughter and "not looking 120"

No idea how these claims got so much media attention around 2018 and 2019. 

In fairness, the Calment switch theory existed before then.

• Like 2