Mr Stats

World's Oldest

On 25/04/2022 at 12:26, arghton said:

1908 - 14, more or less:

Barbara Barton: Another medical miracle who survived some sort of a "medical event" (stroke?) that affected her memory at 110 but is still alive and doing well at 113.

Barbara Barton dead at 113:

https://the110club.com/barbara-barton-t28295.html

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Hanzem said:

New photo of Lucile Randon 

16595_023c5c2c25ee7d84fd52c9f088df55a0.j

Can’t say if she looks good or not here tbh. The only thing that impresses me everytime is the few wrinkles she has.

• Shocked 1

On 16/08/2022 at 23:44, Hanzem said:

New photo of Lucile Randon 

16595_023c5c2c25ee7d84fd52c9f088df55a0.j

Still having sex at 118 - are we sure she's a nun?

• Haha 4
  • Facepalm 1

On 21/07/2017 at 11:26, RadGuy said:

Luckily for me, the new doyenne of Poland, Tekla Juniewicz, is only a couple months younger than Mrs. Szubartowicz, also aged 111. I'm rooting for you, Tekla. Stick around a while!

Five years later: Tekla Juniewicz, world's second-oldest person, oldest Polish person ever dead at 116. Lucile Randon is the last person living from Clorox Bleachman's December 2018 list of oldest folks.

There's a 3-year gap between the world's oldest person and the #2 now.

• Like 8
  • Sad 5
  • Shocked 5

The newcomer now in Top 10 is Kimiko Ono 1906/06/20

May be an image of 1 person, sitting and indoor 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

On 19/08/2022 at 13:20, arghton said:

Five years later: Tekla Juniewicz, world's second-oldest person, oldest Polish person ever dead at 116. Lucile Randon is the last person living from Clorox Bleachman's December 2018 list of oldest folks.

There's a 3-year gap between the world's oldest person and the #2 now.

her daughter is still alive at 93. Got me thinking, who are/were the oldest people with a living parent ? first one is Harland Fairweather, son of Violet Brown who died at 97 in April 2017, before his mother who was 117 and died 6 months after that. Then we have the son of Bettie Wilson, the daughter of Sarah Knauss and the one of Faustina Sarmiento Pupo who were all 96 when their mother died. We tend to forget (even more on this site) how awesome living to 110+ really is but taking in consideration that Violet Brown buried her own child of 97 puts everything into perspective and, in my opinion, reveal how incredible these age were ! 

Didn't find anything about the oldest person with a living grandparent though but could be interesting to search for if everyone cares   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lafaucheuse said:

her daughter is still alive at 93. Got me thinking, who are/were the oldest people with a living parent ? first one is Harland Fairweather, son of Violet Brown who died at 97 in April 2017, before his mother who was 117 and died 6 months after that. Then we have the son of Bettie Wilson, the daughter of Sarah Knauss and the one of Faustina Sarmiento Pupo who were all 96 when their mother died. We tend to forget (even more on this site) how awesome living to 110+ really is but taking in consideration that Violet Brown buried her own child of 97 puts everything into perspective and, in my opinion, reveal how incredible these age were ! 

Didn't find anything about the oldest person with a living grandparent though but could be interesting to search for if everyone cares   

According to the Polish gerontology guy her daughter is not alive.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, drol said:

According to the Polish gerontology guy her daughter is not alive.

where did you find this ? I can only find mention of her in the 110 club saying she is alive

3 hours ago, Lafaucheuse said:

where did you find this ? I can only find mention of her in the 110 club saying she is alive

https://the110club.com/viewtopic.php?p=40151319#p40151319

On 01/08/2022 at 17:20, arghton said:

Maria Branyas Morera says that "her whole body is deteriorating", but her mind is still sharp.

Maria Branyas Morera actually looks excellent. Here's here some days ago with her 88-year old daughter.

mrr.png (405.44KiB)

• Like 3

Figured I'd drop by after hearing the news about Ms. Tekla.

As a Pole and as a long-time supercentenarian nerd, it was exciting to have a Polish woman finally climb so far up the ranks of the world's oldest people list.

To clarify just how rare her feat was - no other verified Pole before her had reached the age of 112 (Stanisław Kowalski falling just nine days short of it earlier this year; although, if I'm not mistaken, he technically wasn't verified). 

Making it to 116 years and 2 months after surviving two world wars in a country heavily impacted by both, various regimes, and multiple pandemics is truly a remarkable feat.

I'll admit I was rooting for her to outlive Lucile and get the #1 spot (something I didn't feel bad about it - Lucile herself has expressed that she would 'be better off in heaven'). 

However, I can't say I'm disappointed. When Tekla first became doyenne of Poland in 2017, I never would have expected her to live for five more years.

May she rest in peace.

• Like 16

RIP Tekla. 

She was a very big outlier for Poland. I thought that she would be WOLP. I can't believe that Lucile outlived both 1905 and 1906.

• Like 1

Michael O'Connor reportedly Ireland's oldest man Dead at 108

Survived the Spanish Flu as a young boy. Was in the merchant navy during WWII during which the ship he was on was sunk by a German U-Boat

• Like 8

4 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Michael O'Connor reportedly Ireland's oldest man Dead at 108

Survived the Spanish Flu as a young boy. Was in the merchant navy during WWII during which the ship he was on was sunk by a German U-Boat

I do believe he was actually Ireland's oldest person.

The holder of that title is now also a male, Matthew Crowley, born in May 1914.

Very unusual to have two successive males holding a country's oldest living person title.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I do believe he was actually Ireland's oldest person.

The holder of that title is now also a male, Matthew Crowley, born in May 1914.

Very unusual to have two successive males holding a country's oldest living person title.

Three, possibly!

The oldest man before O'Connor was an anonymous man who lived to 110 or 111.

Article on Matthew Crowley: https://clarechampion.ie/matthew-107-congratulated-by-president-higgins/

• Like 2

David Tavella from Lucille Randon’s hospice care says Lucille felt tired and ill a couple of days ago but she recovered quickly apparently even though she’s still tired.. 

D09BC1D9-B269-4C1E-BF98-B24F7BB56E99.jpeg

BUT in this vidéo which I posted on my twitter because I couldn’t post it here, she seems neither worse nor better than usual so idk What to think 

• Sad 4
  • Shocked 2

5 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

David Tavella from Lucille Randon’s hospice care says Lucille felt tired and ill a couple of days ago but she recovered quickly apparently even though she’s still tired.. 

D09BC1D9-B269-4C1E-BF98-B24F7BB56E99.jpeg

Next update will be her death it's while documented that many people have a sudden increase in energy before they die. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charles De Gaulle said:

Next update will be her death it's while documented that many people have a sudden increase in energy before they die. 

That would be crazy if it is. Two last survivors of a year gone within a few days.

• Shocked 1

On 21/08/2022 at 16:31, Charles De Gaulle said:

Deleted

image.png

• Sad 1

Current TOP 10

1) Lucile Randon               118:191

2) Maria Branyas Morera 115:170

3) Fusa Tatsumi                115:118

4) Bessie Hendricks          114:287

5) Eddie Ceccarelli             114:197

6) Kahoru Furuya               114:184

7) Tomiko Itooka                114:090

8) Inah Canabarro Lucas  114:074

9) Hazel Plummer              114:063

10) Kimiko Ono                  114:062

•  
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The UK’s oldest person, Ethel Caterham, turned 113 yesterday.

The UK’s 2nd oldest person, Rose Eaton, turns 113 tomorrow.

And the UK’s oldest man, John Tinniswood, turns 110 on Friday.

Rose was still living independently a year ago, not sure about now. Ethel is in a home I believe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

If Lucile Randon dies before her next birthday she will be the only verified person to die aged 118.

The previous three that got past 117 made it to 119

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

If Lucile Randon dies before her next birthday she will be the only verified person to die aged 118.

The previous three that got past 117 made it to 119

Yep, That’s Why on a statistic way, life expectancy at 118yo is 100%.

I think but mostly hope that she will reach 119 now, thi is « only » 6 months to go

• Like 1