Mr Stats

World's Oldest

Guest House of Nails

Still no news reported anywhere of her death........

....so if Lady Die hadn't seen it, Tempus hadn't scanned it and CP hadn't put it on Wikipedia, would anyone online actually know about it? :banghead:

It's made me think again about some of my choices & their "notability".

Someone keeps changing the Wikipedia DOD to March 1, 2006, so it sounds like someone knows more than any of us... though I'll be arsed if I can find where they're getting their info from.

Confirmation finally arrives.

World's 10th Oldest Person, Grace Jones, dies.

you know, I hadn't heard much about her since her turn as a baddie in the awful View to a Kill, but I had no idea she aged so much in 20 years

What a bloody awful deathday card. What would it say inside? No more miserable returns?

What a bloody awful deathday card. What would it say inside? No more miserable returns?

:D

Don't know about that, but I nearly OD'd on the intense pinkness of the card, I'm just surprised the picture of Grace wasn't given the soft focus touch.

I shall reserve further comment as it was commissioned by her daughter, who may well be in her 90's herself.

Don't know about that, but I nearly OD'd on the intense pinkness of the card, I'm just surprised the picture of Grace wasn't given the soft focus touch.

I shall reserve further comment as it was commissioned by her daughter, who may well be in her 90's herself.

There's also that horrible verse. What did Mrs Jones do to deserve such treatment?

regards,

Hein

What's the point of that anyway? It's not like she can read the bloody thing from 6 foot under!

Damn good job too- it's hiddeous! She'd have a heart attack if she saw that. :D

Interesting commentary by Robert Young, senior claims investigator of the Genarians Research Group (GRG) at the bottom of Maria's Talk Page.

I personally visited Maria Esther de Capovilla on March 5-7, 2006. The family said that Maria really started to decline when she was visited by too many journalists and that wore her out. She stopped talking and stopped reading the newspaper. However, it seems some of this may be strong will. The first day I visited, Maria said not one word to anyone. However, on the last day she said a prayer with her prayer partners; it seemed that they were able to draw her out. However, it was clear, and the family said as much, that Maria was in great shape as recently as Sept 2005 but now was in only fair shape. This doesn't necessarily mean close to death; it means she has pulled back from her daily engagement. Maria 'walks' only with the assistance of two people, one holding each hand, and walks very slowly. Yet even this would make her the oldest-known person on record to stand up, albeit assisted.

Despite the fact that he's posted this information on Wikipedia, Robert Young is a highly credible source as a top member of GRG, so don't dismiss it just because it's a wiki link.

"Couple, 33 and 104, Reportedly Marry"

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/20...eportedly_marry

What do you get them for a wedding present?

Seeing as she's been married 20 times already, I'll bet she's okay for toasters.

20 times! I know she's 104, but that's quite a record. Makes Liz Taylor look like an amateur.

"Couple, 33 and 104, Reportedly Marry"

http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles/20...eportedly_marry

What do you get them for a wedding present?

Seeing as she's been married 20 times already, I'll bet she's okay for toasters.

20 times! I know she's 104, but that's quite a record. Makes Liz Taylor look like an amateur.

20 times, and it implies something bad may have happened to some or all of those 20 husbands. So, interestingly, you'd have to make the 104 year old the favourite to outlive the 33 year old.

The lesson here is that when the word "Malaysia" appears in a news article that's codespeak for "every word that follows is probably false".

Hmm, says that she spends her time dozing and rarely speaks - sounds like ideal marriage material to me!

Another pretender to the crown

If you read it initially, you think she's in the book. Read between the lines, though, and it is clear Guinness need the proof. I mean they could, in theory, welcome me nominating myself, despite the fact I have 75 odd years to go! <_<

Another pretender to the crown

If you read it initially, you think she's in the book. Read between the lines, though, and it is clear Guinness need the proof. I mean they could, in theory, welcome me nominating myself, despite the fact I have 75 odd years to go! <_<

I wouldn't lend much credibility to that article anyhow, they can't even check basic facts. Maria is 116 not 117 and Emiliano is 114 not 113. Methinks this is just a load of shite.

Britain's oldest woman dies aged 111.

If Henry Allingham is Britain's oldest man at 110, I would imagine that made her Britain's oldest person.

Now that shes dead, Henry may be Britain's oldest living person. Who knows?

Lizze Bolden, who once held the crown for World's Oldest Recognized Living Person, and is now in second place (so to speak), turns a grand ol' 116 today!

Lizze Bolden, who once held the crown for World's Oldest Recognized Living Person, and is now in second place (so to speak), turns a grand ol' 116 today!

wasn't she the woman who chopped up her parents with an axe?

Nope, that's Lizzie BoRden.

Nope, that's Lizzie BoRden.

too bad, because if the axe murderer (sorry, alleged axe murderer) had also gone on to become the world's oldest woman, that would have been pretty cool, and she'd have been a deffo for DL 2007.

and she didn't even get a mention in the local papers

• Like 1