Guest FromTheAbyss

Israeli Targets

13 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Agreed. I've thought a bit in recent days about this suggestion that this is "Israel's 9/11" and then considered what America's 9/11 response achieved: a 20-year engagement in Afghanistan that resulted in the Taliban immediately re-emerging when US troops pulled out and a 10-year involvement in Iraq which saw the country wrecked and helped unleash ISIS. Hardly encouraging precedents for all-out war.

You know on twitter once I saw a man claim that this is closer to the Tet Offensive than 9/11, and I think I agree with him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tango854 said:

You know on twitter once I saw a man claim that this is closer to the Tet Offensive than 9/11, and I think I agree with him.

I can see that. And as has been widely reported since it is almost exactly 50 years on, it actually bears a fair bit in common with the Yom Kippur War of 1973, although Israel does not face an existential threat to its existence this time (its nearest neighbours will not invade and the US has a presence in the Med and has already declared it will counter any offensive moves from non-state actors).

5 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

I can see that. And as has been widely reported since it is almost exactly 50 years on, it actually bears a fair bit in common with the Yom Kippur War of 1973, although Israel does not face an existential threat to its existence this time (its nearest neighbours will not invade and the US has a presence in the Med and has already declared it will counter any offensive moves from non-state actors).

The writers are back but the actors are still out on strike. ;)

Except the crisis actors...:evil2:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

The writers are back but the actors are still out on strike. ;)

Except the crisis actors...:evil2:

The Crisis Actors have a whole different union from SAG-AFTRA and they got a pretty good deal from the NWO so they don't have any reason to strike.

• Haha 1

One of the Hamas co-founders, Abdul Fattah Dukhan, dead at 86 in Gaza. Either killed or natural causes (some sources say killed, other sources say he died from a "long illness"), god knows as he'd looked like a zombie for years.

28 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Not sure about Lebanese Hezbollah not at least attempting to Invade. 

On 09/10/2023 at 12:37, Ulitzer95 said:

Israel bombs one of the world's oldest churches, the 1160 year old Saint Porphyrius Orthodox Church, which was built during the Eastern Roman Empire.

Saint Porphyrius Orthodox Church not bombed

Update: Saint Porphyrius Orthodox Church bombed (real)

Edited by polar duck
There's a productive update.

7 minutes ago, polar duck said:

Saint Porphyrius Orthodox Church not bombed

We know – see the previous page.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Not sure about Lebanese Hezbollah not at least attempting to Invade. 

I didn't say Hezbollah wouldn't invade, I said their nearest neighbours. In 73, Syria and Egypt invaded. Neither will do so this time, nor will Lebanon. Hezbollah may, but, again, as I said, the US have forces in the area and have made it clear any attack on Israel by non-state actors (see: Hezbollah) will be countered.

1 hour ago, The Old Crem said:

Gee, not sure I could work that from the legion of tanks massing on the Gaza border... :facepalm:

The Israeli leadership are openly talking about Gaza's Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar as their prime target.   I guess he'll be playing hide and seek for a while.

38 minutes ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

The Israeli leadership are openly talking about Gaza's Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar as their prime target.   I guess he'll be playing hide and seek for a while.

He will do what they always do and hide in civilian areas among women and children to increase the casualty list. 

3 minutes ago, polar duck said:

Top Hamas commander Ayman Nofal killed in Israeli airstrike

Cross-posting Ayman Nofal's death here. Nofal was the mastermind behind the 2006 abduction of Israeli soldier Gilad Shalit, who was released in 2011 in exchange for 1,000 Palestinian prisoners. Among those prisoners was current Hamas leader Yahya Sinwar.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Not sure why you keep quoting this “news” organisation when they’re repeatedly wrong.

Hamas chief in Gaza Yahya Sinwar surrounded by Israeli forces as he hides in a bunker under Shifa hospital.

Don't know if this is true, but in the case he wouldn't get out alive.

• Like 1

Israel just announced they "killed Hamas commander".

Pretty sure it 's not Sinwar.

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

They have been saying this for over a month. It's not an "update".

• Like 2