Banshees Scream

Who's Going To Be Around For A While?

Ok. I guess I did misunderstand... thanks for explaining, Bald Rick ;)

And I'd just like to add that I can flop out meaningless one-liners just as much as any other user of this forum, thank you very much Mr Grumpy-Guts-Star-Crossed. :angry:

And, just to stay on topic, Bill Cosby will be around for a while, I think... or he won't. But I think he will.

• Like 1

And I'd just like to add that I can flop out meaningless one-liners just as much as any other user of this forum, thank you very much Mr Grumpy-Guts-Star-Crossed. :angry:

Better than flopping out meaningless one-inchers........

Read an article on Canadian environmental activist David Suzuki, 70, and learned that he's doing an almost daily workout that rivals that of my kickboxing instructor roommate. :lol:

why is little-miss-six talking like a fwive year old about grumpy guts starcrossed? though he is a bit of a crosspatch, but that's why we like him in the nursery, isn't it?

as to who's going to be around for a while - the one thing this site has shown me is that you can't trust any information about the famous or semi-famous. anyone you care to name as healthy will probably turn out to have seventeen terminal illnesses, be a medical phenomenon, and kick it three minutes after you've posted.

And I'd just like to add that I can flop out meaningless one-liners just as much as any other user of this forum, thank you very much Mr Grumpy-Guts-Star-Crossed. :lol:

Better than flopping out meaningless one-inchers........

Brilliant :D

I would like to propose Jimmy Savile, the Queen and Colin Bean.

They'll be around for another 60+ years between them...

I would like to propose Jimmy Savile, the Queen and Colin Bean.

They'll be around for another 60+ years between them...

The horror...

I'm a bit shy to name my favourites for this subject. Knowing my luck they'll cark it within a day. :lol:

Ok, one then: Clive Dunn.

regards,

Hein

Regis Philben and Jack Lalanne

The former 'Who Wants To Be A Millionair' host seems so lively. I'm sure he has had his share of cosmetic surgery, but still I give him minimum 10 years. A possible 20 - 25.

Lalanne will be 92 years old in September, and I have recently watched him advertize some sort of fruit blender, which can only be good for you. He can thank all the vitamins for his advanced age, and if everybody drank one of these blended fruit drinks a day, there is no doubt it would extend there lifespan.

I invented a quote by Boudicca as once saying 'Moderators think fast food is the devils cuisine' which I think many people forget what life is all about. We are not here to work long hard days, and live like a F*****g slave. Moderation is needed in life, but so is enjoyment. We are not here to suffer, and people go around saying that smoking is bad for you, and eating fast food is bad for you, and drinking isn't good, this and that. I'm afraid of tommorow. You don't know what will be next. The point is that we are here to live, and here to live at the best. And surely there are members on www.Deathlist.net that don't live life like they should. I don't think anyone knows what anything is unless they give it a chance. Regardless what is said, or dictated.

Back on task - Jack Lalanne should reach age 100.

Saw Mike Winters (b.1930)on the telly over the weekend. Had the look of a man who had adopted the gym/beach/gym/beach lifestyle so well that he will be around for a good few years yet.

I was looking for a thread to post this article about Paul Newman, and I found this - should it be merged with the newer "Blimey, He's Looking Well!" thread?

Anyhow, in any case, I'll reaffirm Paul Newman's inclusion in this list, despite looking worn out and claiming that he's only got "one more film" left in him. I still think he's good for a while yet, but maybe not for as long as previously thought.

1qf0.jpg

Is it just an unflattering angle that makes Newman look really old in this photo?

Benefit in celebration of Tony Bennett's eightieth, I'll bet Newman and Bennett get online and laugh at us.

Clive Dunn's been around for a while too, eh?

The former President of Ecuador, Leon Febres Cordero, looks tough as old boots. I'd put him right up there with Bobby "I Laugh In The Face Of Cancer" Robson.

"[He] has survived five bypass heart operations, two bouts with cancer, three bullet wounds and a chain-smoking habit."

He's still very active on the politcal scene and is regarded as described as Ecuador's most infuential politician.

The former President of Ecuador, Leon Febres Cordero, looks tough as old boots. I'd put him right up there with Bobby "I Laugh In The Face Of Cancer" Robson.

"[He] has survived five bypass heart operations, two bouts with cancer, three bullet wounds and a chain-smoking habit."

He's still very active on the politcal scene and is regarded as described as Ecuador's most infuential politician.

Bugger. He's just resigned because of health problems. :skull:

Considering the above mentioned health problems which didn't cause him to quit, this must be serious.

Bugger. He's just resigned because of health problems. :skull:

Considering the above mentioned health problems which didn't cause him to quit, this must be serious.

Is he getting rusty after smoking a chain?

regards,

Hein

Bill Kerr sounded well on a programme I've just been listening to on the radio. Can't see him popping off just yet.

Writers often live a long long time. I mentioned Studs Terkel on the writers thread herabouts. So old he was involved in America's equivalent of the mass observation movement started between the wars, still publishing at 93 a few years back and - IMHO - likely to see 100. His recovery from open heart surgery at 93, amazed his doctors.

Jimmy Carter, why not

William Shatner & Leonard Nimoy they;ll both be 76 this year.

Probably not all that well known, at least in England or the U.S., but French alpine skier Emile Allais turned 95 today and is, apparently, still skiing according to an article from last week.

Again, not famous enough for DL (and likely to make it to 100 in any case), but an interesting fellow nonetheless.

Who'll be around for the next few years?

Everyone on the 2007 list by the looks of it !

Norman Wisdom born in 1915, took many bumps with his slp-stick comedy act, even some mild bumps in his 80's.

Dory Funk ex wrestler from Texas took some sever bumps, unlike many wrestlers who have died in the past 10 years. Dory is in for the long haul.

Peter Falk will be 80 next year and he's going to be with us for many, many, many years yet. I know this.

I love Columbo. :P:lol:

Not so sure. I thought he looked f*****g awful on the Paul O'Grady Show the other day.

Okay, stick me neck out time, a couple of 82 year olds who look after themselves and stay vital in the head:

Paul Newman and Jimmy Carter

They'll both see ninety.

Guest Guest

Prince Philip, crafty old bugger.

Prince Philip, crafty old bugger.

Prince Edward