Banshees Scream

Who's Going To Be Around For A While?

I can see June Whitfield Angela Lansbury Queen Elizabeth II Betty White Dick van Dyke Carl Reiner Mel Brooks Honor Blackman and June Brown all making 100.

On 04/07/2006 at 23:55, DevonDeathTrip said:

Mary Wilson, widow of former Prime Minister Harold Wilson. I saw on on St Mary's, Isles of Scilly at the weekend. Fit, healthy, mentally alert and living on the freshest air in England, she's not going to be causing DeathList any bother for another decade or so.

Looking back at the early pages, this is a great call. Pan Breed favourite Lady Wilson, 101 now and still going strong last I heard. :D

• Like 2

Betty White, Rosalynn Carter, and Queen Elizabeth II will live to be 100.

Carol Burnett and Barbara Eden will live for another decade.

• Like 1

As previously said, the big one is Betty White. IMO weakest pick for the DL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

It is between her the Queen and Honor Blackman.

• Like 2

Bob Barker is one that I could see in his 100th year. 

(You can thank me later when he turns out to be a hit later this year. :D).

• Like 2

Just now, Shaun of the Dead said:

Prowse is probably worse. I don't see him being a centenarian, but I still think he has years left in him. 

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Oh yeah, I forgot about Blackman, she can definitely live to 100. And agreed Joey.

Some more names I can see making an incredibly advanced age

_William Roache

_Buzz Aldrin

_William Shatner

Joan Collins

_Barbara Knox

_Des O'Connor

_Lionel Blair

_Amanda Barrie

_Sheila Hancock

_Mary Berry

_Woody Allen

_Rupert Murdoch

_Bernard Cribbins

_Noam Chonsky

_Tippi Hedren

_Robert Wagner

_Shirley MaClaine

_Warren Beatty

_Clint Eastwood

_Freddie Jones

_Rosalynn Carter

_Gloria Steinem

_ Timothy West

_Joan Bakewell

_Eileen Atkins

_Jean Marsh

_Petula Clark

_Annette Crosbie

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Prowse is probably worse. I don't see him being a centenarian, but I still think he has years left in him. 

Prowse has had prostate cancer and memory loss but is one of the worst picks for sure.

June Foray is someone who I can easily see becoming a centenarian.

I would have to say Gay Byrne is the weakest pick as of now, but on January 1st he wasn't, so it wasn't necessarily a bad pick. The big WTF's to me were David Prowse and Honor Blackman. I don't think David Prowse will get anywhere near 95 but he has at least 5 years left. I think Honor Blackman might have 5 left in her too. 

55 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

June Foray is someone who I can easily see becoming a centenarian.

June Foray can't die. Other people die because they are not June Foray.

Guess what historical deadpooling figure pronounced these words.

36 minutes ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

I would have to say Gay Byrne is the weakest pick as of now, but on January 1st he wasn't, so it wasn't necessarily a bad pick. The big WTF's to me were David Prowse and Honor Blackman. I don't think David Prowse will get anywhere near 95 but he has at least 5 years left. I think Honor Blackman might have 5 left in her too. 

Imagine if one of them had been dumped and Kohl retained... :(

10 minutes ago, Davey Jones' Locker said:

Imagine if one of them had been dumped and Kohl retained... :(

It would have been better not to Byrne the Kohl.

• Like 6

On 2017-6-17 at 17:28, FixedBusiness said:

NE called Sad Last Days this week in a SLD special. Two shows cancelled and difficulty learning lines, rumours of Alzheimers. 

On 6/17/2017 at 11:32, Joey Russ said:

Bob Barker is one that I could see in his 100th year. 

(You can thank me later when he turns out to be a hit later this year. :D).

Well, I said that, and he has a nasty fall. Oops...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

NE called Sad Last Days this week in a SLD special. Two shows cancelled and difficulty learning lines, rumours of Alzheimers. 

Alzheimer's?
I am not speaking medically, but rather common-sensically.
The ALZ in Alzheimer's means old.  It's a regressive DISEASE that afflicts someone who isn't terribly elderly, but who's mind goes.  To me, that is Alzheimer's.  

Betty White is in her 90s.  It is absurd to pin a regressive DISEASE to the mind of a 95-year old who starts having NATURAL brain regression....of say....oh I don't know....a FUCKING NINETY FIVE YEAR OLD.  It's not unexpected, in fact NOT having some memory loss would be unexpected.

I guess the bottom line is that Sir Creep is saying it's impossible for someone 95 years old to suffer from Alzheimer's.  Rather, they suffer from being 95.

I welcome all other opinions.  Basically so I can get a good chuckle.
SC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Well, I said that, and he has a nasty fall. Oops...

Only a matter of time before Aaron Ramsey scores another goal...

56 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

Alzheimer's?
I am not speaking medically, but rather common-sensically.
The ALZ in Alzheimer's means old.  It's a regressive DISEASE that afflicts someone who isn't terribly elderly, but who's mind goes.  To me, that is Alzheimer's.  

Betty White is in her 90s.  It is absurd to pin a regressive DISEASE to the mind of a 95-year old who starts having NATURAL brain regression....of say....oh I don't know....a FUCKING NINETY FIVE YEAR OLD.  It's not unexpected, in fact NOT having some memory loss would be unexpected.

I guess the bottom line is that Sir Creep is saying it's impossible for someone 95 years old to suffer from Alzheimer's.  Rather, they suffer from being 95.

I welcome all other opinions.  Basically so I can get a good chuckle.
SC

People can get alzheimers at 95 but it is rare.Most 95 year olds have age related memory loss.Furthermore a 95 year old is likely to have poor vision making scripts hard to read.When old people lose a significant amount of hearing it makes them appear senile even when they are not so it could be Betty was struggling with timing making people to assume she had alzheimers.By 95 most people have also had several mini strokes which of course can cause damage to memory and cognitive processing.Memory loss in old age can be linked to other illnesses .I saw it once in a 97 year old woman with emphysema I lived near.She was physically frail for years but sharp as a tack until about 3 months before she died when the mind went too.My Mums boss died at 100 and worked until her mid nineties when she was diagnosed with alzheimers after several car crashes and extreme short term memory loss including washing and cooking.Eventually she went into a home and was mute for the last couple of years.

1 minute ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

People can get alzheimers at 95 but it is rare.Most 95 year olds have age related memory loss.Furthermore a 95 year old is likely to have poor vision making scripts hard to read.When old people lose a significant amount of hearing it makes them appear senile even when they are not so it could be Betty was struggling with timing making people to assume she had alzheimers.By 95 most people have also had several mini strokes which of course can cause damage to memory and cognitive processing.Memory loss in old age can be linked to other illnesses .I saw it once in a 97 year old woman with emphysema I lived near.She was physically frail for years but sharp as a tack until about 3 months before she died when the mind went too.My Mums boss died at 100 and worked until her mid nineties when she was diagnosed with alzheimers after several car crashes and extreme short term memory loss including washing and cooking.Eventually she went into a home and was mute for the last couple of years.

At 95 you don't get Alzheimer's.  You get Exactlytherightstateofmentaldeteriorationheimer's.  I can see why they just say Alzheimer's now.  That shit don't fit on the hospital forms or death certificates.
SC

People are generally ignorant, and throw the term Alzheimer's around because they think it's a synonym for dementia.  But there are other forms of dementia.

• Like 1

Still think you can.

Why is the above post posted twice?