Lady Die

Harry Potter

Roger Lloyd-Pack, Timothy Bateson, David Ryall and Rob Knox to name a few others.

I have no issues with the Potter films though: better to fill kids films with the cream of British acting, than Timmy bloody Mallet and the latest X-Factor stars trying panto.

• Like 4

When I go away to check on something for my daughter, and came back to find 4 notifications in the box above, my immediate thought is: "What have I done now?"

The chap who played the driver of the ghost bus is dead too. He was in Doctor Who. Marco Polo. And 10 Rillington Place, and, incidentally, the Robin Hood film with Alan Rickman. Jimmy Gardner, Google tells me his name was.

In any case, speaking of threads:

An unknown secret cancer...69..... Anyone see a common one?

SC

Here's a list of 69 year old famous people who (if they do have 'undisclosed to the public' cancer) could possibly continue this unfortunate pattern anytime soon...

Steven Spielberg (bearded film director chap)

Benny Anderson (bearded dude from ABBA)

Marianne Faithful (late 1960s socialite who did bugger all apart from get photographed with famous musicians and 'shared' the occasional Mars bar with Mick Jagger.)

Dick Wolf ( U.S. 'Law & Order' creator/producer)

Peter Green (former lead singer with Fleetwood Mac)

Daryl Hall (Lead singer of Hall & Oates)

Richard Carpenter ( the bloke out of The Carpenters, '70s twee pop duo)

Barry Gibb (last surviving Bee Gee)

Bill Clinton (former U.S. president who did not have sexual relations with that woman, allegedly)

George W. Bush (the U.S. president after the above)

Donald Trump (wealthy foreign bloke with dodgy hair)

Sylvester Stallone (Rocky Balboa)

Cher (She believes in life after love)

Donovan (1960s hippy folk singer. Not Jasons dad apparently)

Joanna Lumley (Actress famous for being Purdey in the New Avengers, Patti from 'Ab Fab' and her love of all things 'Sherpa'.

Liza Minelli ( Judy Garlands daughter & 'Cabaret' actress. 'dar-ling!')

Timothy Dalton (Played James Bond from 1987 to 1989 & generally a grumpy thespian)

There's loads more, but I can't be bothered to list them all.

Have any of them been suspiciously out of the limelight for the last 18 months or so? That's the real question.

Richard Carpenter spent some time in hospital at the end of 2014 due to some problems with his colon. He has recovered now though I believe.

In any case, speaking of threads:

An unknown secret cancer...69..... Anyone see a common one?

SC

Here's a list of 69 year old famous people who (if they do have 'undisclosed to the public' cancer) could possibly continue this unfortunate pattern anytime soon...

Steven Spielberg (bearded film director chap)

Benny Anderson (bearded dude from ABBA)

Marianne Faithful (late 1960s socialite who did bugger all apart from get photographed with famous musicians and 'shared' the occasional Mars bar with Mick Jagger.)

Dick Wolf ( U.S. 'Law & Order' creator/producer)

Peter Green (former lead singer with Fleetwood Mac)

Daryl Hall (Lead singer of Hall & Oates)

Richard Carpenter ( the bloke out of The Carpenters, '70s twee pop duo)

Barry Gibb (last surviving Bee Gee)

Bill Clinton (former U.S. president who did not have sexual relations with that woman, allegedly)

George W. Bush (the U.S. president after the above)

Donald Trump (wealthy foreign bloke with dodgy hair)

Sylvester Stallone (Rocky Balboa)

Cher (She believes in life after love)

Donovan (1960s hippy folk singer. Not Jasons dad apparently)

Joanna Lumley (Actress famous for being Purdey in the New Avengers, Patti from 'Ab Fab' and her love of all things 'Sherpa'.

Liza Minelli ( Judy Garlands daughter & 'Cabaret' actress. 'dar-ling!')

Timothy Dalton (Played James Bond from 1987 to 1989 & generally a grumpy thespian)

There's loads more, but I can't be bothered to list them all.

Have any of them been suspiciously out of the limelight for the last 18 months or so? That's the real question.

Richard Carpenter spent some time in hospital at the end of 2014 due to some problems with his colon. He has recovered now though I believe.

No shit?

• Like 2

Devon Murray loses court case against his agent to the tune of £210,000. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35997270/harry-potter-star-devon-murray-loses-court-case

It might be due, but I feel for the cheeky Irish scamp, possibly one of my favourite (if underwritten, damn you Rowling!) characters.

Hoping the publicity will get his career going. I mean, look at those ears!

• Like 1

Devon Murray loses court case against his agent to the tune of £210,000. http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35997270/harry-potter-star-devon-murray-loses-court-case

It might be due, but I feel for the cheeky Irish scamp, possibly one of my favourite (if underwritten, damn you Rowling!) characters.

Hoping the publicity will get his career going. I mean, look at those ears!

He deserves all he gets for perpetrating one of my most hated grammatical crimes.

But myself and my parents would like to thank each and every 1 of you

"My parents and I", please. :rant:

I'll overlook the "1" but am not happy about it. <_<

• Like 2

Is it worth speculating on the Curse of Harry Potter yet

Richard Harris, Richard Griffiths, Alan Rickman.......

Now with the addition of Peter Schaffer maybe it is the curse of Daniel Radcliffe.......

The Stage reports the death of Hazel Douglas, actress possibly most famous for the role of Bathilda Bagshot in HP. She was 92. https://www.thestage.co.uk/features/obituaries/2016/obituary-hazel-douglas/

Admittedly I saw an obituary in the Death Notices of The Telegraph for her, but couldn't definitely tie it to her.

Edit: Checked and it wasn't her death notice after all.

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0235074/

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hazel_Douglas

DDP pick awaiting obit.

The first major star of Star Wars to die was Peter Cushing in 1994, 17 years after the film's release, by which time all the kids who watched it in the cinema were adults.

The first Harry Potter film was in 2001. In less than 16 years, we have lost Richard Harris, who died within a year, Richard Griffiths, Alan Rickman and John Hurt. No wonder kids today are so cynical!

• Like 1

Death Notice for actor Sam Beazley who has died aged 101. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thetimes-uk/obituary.aspx?n=sam-beazley&pid=185803611

He played the part of Everard in The Order Of The Phoenix, a deceased Headmaster whose talking and moving portrait hangs in Dumbledore's office.

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Beazley

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0064814/

37 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

And it is goodbye to Robert Hardy who played Cornelius Fudge...http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-40818839

"Harry Potter actor", the BBC headline says.

Beyond that and All Creatures (and Siegfred Farnon in his hands is a masterful comic creation) there's also Hot Metal, Churchill The Wilderness Years, Edward VII, and M.R. James Ghost Story for Christmas adaptation The Stalls of Barchester. All heavily recommended.

I'd never miss anything he was in. Consummate performer. A long, productive and respected life well lived. We shall miss you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fudge has been packed then?

Yeah, I'm hearing rumblings that Richard Harris is looking a bit peaky too.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Yeah, I'm hearing rumblings that Richard Harris is looking a bit peaky too.

You’re only saying that because he is old and you’d expect it. The one to really watch is Alan Rickman - I have it on good authority that he is battling cancer in private!

• Like 1

Richard Harris is only 88 years old which is relatively young these days and Alan Rickman having cancer is just a hunch by dead wait. What we do know is that Richard Griffiths is obese and is after turing 70 impo we should get him on the deathlist before he has a heart attack.

• Like 1

So, downloaded Desert Island Discs podcast for Zoe Wanamaker - recorded when she was in Love Hurts in the 90's. You can clearly hear her clicking her lighter at one point and Sue Lawley comments that Wanamaker is keep on hand rolling tobacco made into cigs with a personal rolling machine.

Zoe's 70 in a few days.

Her lungs may well be - biologically speaking - much older.

• Like 1

On ‎05‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 19:37, maryportfuncity said:

So, downloaded Desert Island Discs podcast for Zoe Wanamaker - recorded when she was in Love Hurts in the 90's. You can clearly hear her clicking her lighter at one point and Sue Lawley comments that Wanamaker is keep on hand rolling tobacco made into cigs with a personal rolling machine.

Zoe's 70 in a few days.

Her lungs may well be - biologically speaking - much older.

Happy Birthday Zoe Wanamaker! :birthday:

Keep clicking....