Jump to content
Guest DeathLister

7. George P. Shultz

Recommended Posts

Guest DeathLister

Secretary of State under President Richard Nixon. Born 1920.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually Schultz was Ronald Reagan's Secretary of State from 1982-89. He was however Nixon's Treasury Secretary in the early 1970s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest DeathLister

I apologize for the error. Schultz, although a secretary in Nixon's cabinet, was actually Secretary of State under President Reagan, as noted by Gracie JC8. Schultz is indeed still alive, and I believe he'd be a good bet for the 2006 list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest Guest

NO HE WOULDNT BECAUSE HES IN THE BEST OF HEALTH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always loved Peanuts cartoons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I always loved Peanuts cartoons

Which makes me wonder if Charles M. Schulz was related to George Schultz prior to the death of Charles Schulz. Perhap Schultzie knows the answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was wondering lately, does anyone know if George P. Schultz is the oldest former US cabinet member ever? Currently at 98 years, 46 days he's older than W. Willard Wirtz, oldest cabinet member I've heard of to date, was. You'd think with hundreds of people over a couple of centuries in the US cabinet, certainly must've been 1 or 2 centenarians in the past?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will overtake Earl Butz , who was Agriculture sec in the Nixon and Ford cabinets , as the oldest ever cabinet secretaryr in July I think 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

43 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

He will overtake Earl Butz , who was Agriculture sec in the Nixon and Ford cabinets , as the oldest ever cabinet secretary in July I think 

 

Thanks! If calculated correctly he should overtake Butz on July 22. Haven't heard much about his health in the last couple of years, but at 98 years almost anything can happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

 

 

Thanks! If calculated correctly he should overtake Butz on July 22. Haven't heard much about his health in the last couple of years, but at 98 years almost anything can happen.

 

 

You might need to remind us nearer the time - a few around here will be busy celebrating Anders Breivik day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

George P. Shultz :birthday:

Born dec 13, 1920, he's the first us secretary to celebrate his 100th birthday!

 

(Also, could someone change "Schultz" to "Shultz" in the title?)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

(Also, could someone change "Schultz" to "Shultz" in the title?)

Quick google check on the spelling.  Changed. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Quick google check on the spelling.  Changed. 

Preparation for next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Preparation for next year?

No comment. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

George P. Shultz :birthday:

Born dec 13, 1920, he's the first us secretary to celebrate his 100th birthday!

 

(Also, could someone change "Schultz" to "Shultz" in the title?)

He is indeed,.The first US cabinet member to reach 100 in fact. Henry Kissinger will probably be the 2nd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As you know the former US Secretary of State George Shultz recently celebrated his 100th birthday. There has been an online celebration of this featuring many senior politicians and diplomats, inc a healthy looking Henry Kissinger.However Shultz himself was not much in evidence, so whether or not this indicates his frailty who knows. Anyway here is the online tribute if you have 2 hours to spare! https://www.hoover.org/george-p-shultz-100-celebration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2019 at 08:47, ThereWillBeDeaths7 said:

Was wondering lately, does anyone know if George P. Schultz is the oldest former US cabinet member ever? Currently at 98 years, 46 days he's older than W. Willard Wirtz, oldest cabinet member I've heard of to date, was. You'd think with hundreds of people over a couple of centuries in the US cabinet, certainly must've been 1 or 2 centenarians in the past?

I can confirm that there has never been a centenarian US cabinet member before now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And he's on the list.

He's also on my shadow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/12/2020 at 10:53, Paul Bearer said:

No comment. 

Would you like to comment now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah! I knew it! I even picked him in the "Deathlist prediction game", albeit a little lower than he is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entirety of Nixon's surviving cabinet has been picked this year :pop:

 

(a much vaster way to say they picked Kissinger and Shultz...)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stupid addition, and ranking his old but healthy self over Limbaugh is ridiculous.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use