Suharto planning big birthday party.

Maybe it'll take out Suharto like it did Richard Pryor. :)

A most remarkable article there.

"Usually there will be some speeches, and we will pray for him to be always healthy,'' Assegaf said.

You would expect Suharto's lawyer not to undermine his client's claim to be too sick to stand trial...

A close aide to the former strongman said the Suharto family also planned to distribute 85,000 packages of staples - rice, noodles, coconut oil, soap, books and pens - to poor people in Jakarta and victims of the recent earthquake in Central Java.

And you would expect the family not to undermine their own claims of not being extremely rich because of large-scale corruption...

A most remarkable article there.
"Usually there will be some speeches, and we will pray for him to be always healthy,'' Assegaf said.
You would expect Suharto's lawyer not to undermine his client's claim to be too sick to stand trial...

The good news is that it's been scientifically established that prayer for the health of other people can actually be harmful, so I'm all for it.

A close aide to the former strongman said the Suharto family also planned to distribute 85,000 packages of staples - rice, noodles, coconut oil, soap, books and pens - to poor people in Jakarta and victims of the recent earthquake in Central Java.

I suppose the victims need toilet paper too. That reminds me of the imbeciles who thought it was a good idea to send bibles to tsunami victims.

regards,

Hein

That reminds me of the imbeciles who thought it was a good idea to send bibles to tsunami victims.

With special reference to the chapters on the Deluge, I presume? (Genesis 6:5-9:7)

That reminds me of the imbeciles who thought it was a good idea to send bibles to tsunami victims.
With special reference to the chapters on the Deluge, I presume? (Genesis 6:5-9:7)

And in the meantime they firmly ignore Gen 9:11. Those bibliolaters don't even read what they peddle.

regards,

Hein

Bibles, no way.

Mind you, where there's an earthquake, volcanic eruption or Tsunami there's rich pickings for those of us in the pizza delivery business. Starving folks don't mind 'em cold!

And in the meantime they firmly ignore Gen 9:11. Those bibliolaters don't even read what they peddle.

Well, they consider the floods as a justified punishment for the heretics. (cf. Matthew 7:24-27 and Luke 6:46-49)

Well, they consider the floods as a justified punishment for the heretics. (cf. Matthew 7:24-27 and Luke 6:46-49)

Somewhere we screwed up, wheather the bible was changed or not, not the original documents were never recorded, the bible can't be 100% accurate...

Somewhere we screwed up, wheather the bible was changed or not, not the original documents were never recorded, the bible can't be 100% accurate...

I agree. Bibliolaters, however, don't. They think the bits they quote, i.e. the bits they like, are the immutable word of their god. They're stupid, of course.

All theology is based on selective reading of scripture. That's the case for each an every sect and religion. The ones who believe it are still stupid.

regards,

Hein

I like the evil bits in the bible, like:

"Because you have sinned against the Lord, I will make you as helpless as a blind man searching for a path. Your blood will be poured out into the dust, and your bodies will lie there rotting on the ground. Your silver and gold will be of no use to you on that day of the Lord's anger. For the whole land will be devoured by the fire of his jealousy. He will make a terrifying end of all the people on earth." (Zephaniah 1:12:18)

:blink::)

Suharto's son Tommy released from prison after serving less than five of the 15 years he was sentenced to for murder of Supreme Court judge Syafiuddin Kartasasmita.

It's difficult to predict what this will do to Pak Harto's health, but there's little reason to expect that Tommy won't resume his criminal carreer.

regards,

Hein

It's difficult to predict what this will do to Pak Harto's health, but there's little reason to expect that Tommy won't resume his criminal carreer.

The life of his father is held in his sons hands. Now... let him get arrested for robbing a grocery store. <_<

Now if only Suharto follows the example of Pinochet this year we can save ourselves from having to put this piece of evil dictator trash on the 2007 list.

Are there any doctors around? This thread seems to be displaying some classic symptoms of CastroNiemeyer Disease (stupid guest names, speaking in tongues) and once it takes hold I'm pretty sure it's untreatable.

[Off topic posts removed - ff]

Nicely done Dr. ff, nipped in the bud, outbreak prevented.

Edited by TLC

Guest blee

Actually i doubt about all of his sickness and hospital news . As your information, everytime the government wants to call him for his corruption cases, the next day he must be end up on hospital and after the issues is over then he 'recovery' again. Don't take it seriously on his sickness and his death issue, he's still fit even can visiting his grand daughter wedding last year.

---sorry if my english is bad

Guest dead

suharto had too much "dukun"

he'll stay alive till at least 2015

*anti suharto society*

Guest Indonesians

Anyone who chooses suharto, should not get his hope too high.

don't get me wrong, i'm no big fan of him.

I hate to break everyone's hope who vote for him this year.

the fact that he is sick/not well is undeniable.

However, many sectors of indonesian economy and politics still controlled under his name.

It's in his beneficiaries interest to keep him alive.

Thus, even if he wanted to die, those beneficiaries wont let it happen.

'they' splash out millions just to keep him alive.

I do think it's best this way.

He is on that level between death and alive.

it's his karma to suffer such unfortunate and tragical situation for his role in indonesia development.

During those 32 years, greediness got on top of him.

a farmer who never seen big sum of money, suddenly got the power

to collect and corrupt hundreds of millions of dollar.

Those who live(d?) in his era would know how miserable life are.

it's impossible to explain/describe the discrimination, poverty, etc.

plus, he intentionally laid wrong foundation for indonesia, which is a shame.

200+ millions indonesian people are cursing him every day.

who could stand such hatred?

sorry for going off the topic.

just to keep the facts straight. :blink:

You think that you've gone Off-Topic? You have much to learn, Grasshopper.

You think that you've gone Off-Topic? You have much to learn, Grasshopper.

I'd offer to teach some basics, but I imagine I'd get distracted part of the way through, if not before I even started.

That's how you do it! :blink:

Guest zaeyus
I hate Soeharto, he made my country "berantakan"......

I HATE U SOEHARTO...

[berantakan means "in disorder" -- MH]

That's Right and He is The Godfather of all mafia in INDONESIA :)

Guest dickman

:)

Go to Hell Soeharto!!!!!

after you despoiled our money, Hell wait for You.... muthaf****r...!!!!!! hell yeah

-Long Life Indonesia-

Anyone know what this is all about?

Seems to concern us and possibly Suharto.

PS: I notice they have a member called Squiddy.

Big earthquake in Jakarta 15 minutes ago - perhaps he was caught up in it?

Big earthquake in Jakarta 15 minutes ago - perhaps he was caught up in it?

Perhaps he caused it (to get himself out of another civil suit)?

"Oy Suharto, come to court to get justice"

"Can't.. earthquake has cut off access to the local court but nothing else. Damn what a shame.."

:P