VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

Anyway, an important computer man has died. :dead3:

Surely you mean '...has cashed his chips?'

TAXI!

Anyway, an important computer man has died. :dead3:

Surely you mean '...has cashed his chips?'

TAXI!

Hadn't he kept his anti-virus up to date???

Thank you very much, I'm here all week

Dutch singer, entertainer and TV presenter Robert Long dies from cancer at 63.

I don't expect English language news sources will pick this up, so here's a Dutch one.

regards,

Hein

Jessie Gilbert; suicidal young chess star got a fleeting mention here. The above link is to the news story about her dad being acquitted of raping her.

So she just got the idea of telling a few people he had and then topping herself to add a little gravitas to the lies eh?

Oh, those wacky chess stars, put the rest of us in the shade with their antics they do!

oohhh.....as a chess player , this is one I could go to town about .

I never met Jessie , but I've read a few bits and bobs (that wont have made the national press)

For what its worth , in my (uninformed ) opinion .....

1. Chess players are very unstable

2.Good chess players are TOTALLY unstable

3. Rape allegations are VERY difficult to prove

4. If the person alleging the rape is no longer alive , it is VERY , VERY difficult to prove

5. The verdict in this particular case was easy to predict .

6. You have to feel immense sympathy for Jessie...so sad...whatever the circumstances .

I accept all of the above but her mother is in the press today saying she believed her. Hmmm!

Distinguished journalist Frank Johnson, former editor of The Spectator, has died aged 63 after battling cancer.

I don't know how famous this guy is outside the States, so I'm putting him here.

Richard Carlson, author of Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, died 12/14 at the age of 45. Six days before I turn 41. Sheesh.

Distinguished journalist Frank Johnson, former editor of The Spectator, has died aged 63 after battling cancer.

Ooh, I've worked with him.

1996 World Food Bank prize recipient Henry Beachell is dead. Picked by Never Came To Maryport for the CPDP, but as there is not a single online news obit for him thusfar, even this theme team pick is yet to be worth points.

Guest the celebrity killer

:blink:

How about this woman? ?

What woman?

lets get real here there are plenty of celebs just itching to kill themselves, to name just a few Kerry Katono the iceland druggie - Kate Moss - Pete Doherty all are gagging to meet with Paula Yates in the drug hell catagory so lets not be too hasty as to look for poor murder victims nothing like a good self inflicted drug death to keep us occupied!! By the way I have a nasty habit of seeing celebs just before they kick the bucket.

Denis Payton Saxophonist, guitarist and harmonica player and founder member for 60s band The Dave Clark Five has died at the age of 63

South African musician, singer, songwriter, playwright and producer Taliep Petersen, 56 has been murdered to death.

South African musician, singer, songwriter, playwright and producer Taliep Petersen, 56 has been murdered to death.

Is there any other state to which it is possible to be murdered?

Is there any other state to which it is possible to be murdered?

Just steer clear of Florida and you'll be fine. :rip:

Denis Payton Saxophonist, guitarist and harmonica player and founder member for 60s band The Dave Clark Five has died at the age of 63

He certainly won't be Glad All Over about being in Bits And Pieces.

Epidemiologist Richard K. Root munched by a crocodile.

Can't say I've ever heard of him, but I'd say he maxes out on style points for that one.

According to this ...

"Root was in the lead dugout with the tour guide when a crocodile leaped out of the river, grabbed the UW physician and disappeared back under the water. Root was not seen again."

Hmmm, sounds dubious. Since when do crocodiles leap, and there was no evidence of any clothing or equipment being recovered? If I were the Limpopo River DA I'd be having words with "new" wife Rita O'Boyle. I reckon she stabbed him, had the guides bury the corpse, and paid them off. Saw something just like it on an episode of Poirot.

So Mr Dan Root - is there something pertinent you wanted to add?

Santa dies at children's party in Dundee:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22122006/356/sant...en-s-party.html

"One wee kid said 'how are we going to get our presents next week if Father Christmas is ill?*' - they didn't understand what had happened."

* Try your best "wee scawtish kid" accent when saying this in your head, it's funnier!

Guest Guest

"One wee kid said 'how are we going to get our presents next week if Father Christmas is ill?*' - they didn't understand what had happened."

* Try your best "wee scawtish kid" accent when saying this in your head, it's funnier!

I know its topical and everything,but with all due respect this hardly qualifies as a 'near miss' now does it ! ;)

I know its topical and everything,but with all due respect this hardly qualifies as a 'near miss' now does it ! :banghead:

That's probably why it's in the "not really famous thread.." although Santa / Father Christmas can be argued as very famous

Although as it's not the real santa / father christmas that's involved, it should be moved to the "interesting ways to die" thread

What really happened was the kids stole all the presents whilst 'Santa' was getting mouth to mouth, and realy meant 'where are the rest of the presents coming from?'

[...]whilst 'Santa' was getting mouth to mouth[...]

Now there's an image I didn't need.

regards,

Hein

Dutch Mason, the"Prime Minister of Blues" has died aged 68:

http://www.therecord.com/NASApp/cs/Content...l=1024322319351

I have to confess that I had never heard of him until a few months ago when I saw a documentary about him. He was a very entertaining fellow! If anyone wants to transfer him to the "Near Misses" thread, I for one will have no objection.

http://www.dutchmason.com/

i tried but i sounded more like Borat