VSBfromH

Not Exactly Famous...

I loved Barnard Hughes as the grandfather in The Lost Boys, he was so cute. I also loved the tall, dark haired vampire, but not in the same way. Hmmm.

:P Anyway, I'm sorry to hear he's gone ( Barnard Hughes that is, not that vampire bloke).

Robert Brooks chairman of Hooters has been found dead at his home in South Carolina, He was 69

Barnard Hughes, actor of stage, film & TV has died, aged 90. Familiar character actor, especially in recent years, who appeared in a whole host of films, including Midnight Cowboy

Hughes' imdb page.

Not Exactly Famous? Sacrilige OoO, I'd expect better from you! :lol:

Brilliant actor I thought anyhow.

Kevin Hughes, MP for Doncaster until last year, NUM member & former assistant Government Whip, has died from motor neurone disease, aged 53.

Clearly this is not a good time to have the sirname of Hughes...wonder how old Howard is doing? Haven't recieved any Christmas cards from him lately...

As to Barnard Hughes, I too found him to be a wonderful actor and enjoyed him in a Father Brown mystery not long ago... He seemed to be the Grampa and friend everyone would want

Sad to see him leave us so soon.

Former Ipswich Town winger Jimmy Leadbetter has died aged 78

A lung cancer patient who won a High Court battle to be given a drug to prolong his life has died just hours after receiving the news

Here's the link

A lung cancer patient who won a High Court battle to be given a drug to prolong his life has died just hours after receiving the news

I believe he was represented in court by A. Morissette & Partners.

I'm led to believe that when they won the court case, the solicitor had one hand in their pocket and the other was giving a high-five

I'll get my coat....

I could have sworn that I mentioned this man when he turned 100, but bugger all if I could find it in the search engine.

Anyhow, Howdy Groskloss, 100 years young and for a while the world's oldest baseball player, has died.

Well isn't it ironic? Anyways it's like one heck of a jagged little pill to swallow this news.

Well isn't it ironic? Anyways it's like one heck of a jagged little pill to swallow this news.

C-

Bruno must try harder.

Mako, who has appeared in virtually any Hollywood film featuring Japan or Japanese, in the last 30 yrs, has died.

LA Times Obit

IMDB Page

Most prominently know for playing Admiral Yamamoto in the romantic comedy "Pearl Harbor".

Robert Cornthwaite

Prolific American actor dead at 89.

The name didn't ring any bells with me, but checked his IMDB entry and see that he played the minor but memorable role of Hives, Mr. Gaines' butler, in "Cheers".

Reverend Bevan Wardrobe has died.

No idea who he was but what a splendid name.

Ah, my first use of OoO's brilliant list to announce the death of veteran actor Mako, the Wizard from Conan the Barbarian.

Though I disagree with him being not exactly famous, the list has spoken.

Ah, my first use of OoO's brilliant list to announce the death of veteran actor Mako, the Wizard from Conan the Barbarian.

Not only the list, my dear CP, but myself. I mentioned him a smidgeon earlier than yourself, yesterday morning at 14 minutes past 10am (says the DL clock).

Now Iain's gone, it's clear we're all taking on his traits. :rolleyes:

Not only the list, my dear CP, but myself. I mentioned him a smidgeon earlier than yourself, yesterday morning at 14 minutes past 10am (says the DL clock).

Now Iain's gone, it's clear we're all taking on his traits. :skill2:

iGnoring that post i Also want to inform you that my sources tell me that it's possible that it may be likely that one might consider that people have heard that Harrison Ford is in a coma in a hospital with life-threatening injuries and a massive buildup of fluid in his brain and kidneys and that his health is deteriorating rapidly and he may be dead in a matter of hours and because both FOOT and FORD start with FO, one may conceive that foot will be dead soon too! :skill2:

:skill2:

Seriously though, what a brain fart. Though admittedly, Mako didn't come up in the search. You'd think I could spell a four letter word correctly :rolleyes:

iGnoring that post i Also want to inform you that my sources tell me that it's possible that it may be likely that one might consider that people have heard that Harrison Ford is in a coma in a hospital with life-threatening injuries and a massive buildup of fluid in his brain and kidneys and that his health is deteriorating rapidly and he may be dead in a matter of hours and because both FOOT and FORD start with FO, one may conceive that foot will be dead soon too! :rolleyes:

I f you knnew anyth hign about meidcine Candiuan Pual you would KNow tHART he has ImmIMENT lunG cancer.

I exppect an annOUBNCemnet tonight about his d ea TH

I also prEDIct that due to THe deATH of Mako, that MicHAEl Foot will die imminently, as they both s ha re the s\SMAME first lettrer in their name.

I f i am wrogn about this, I will leave deathLISt forEVER due to sh aame.

Seriously, CP, don't worry. Also, with the Near Misses, if you think they're clearly famous enough, but not on the list, put them on - I think that was the general rule.

Seriously, CP, don't worry. Also, with the Near Misses, if you think they're clearly famous enough, but not on the list, put them on - I think that was the general rule.

Well, let's just say I won't be changing my avatar to Mako anytime soon. :skill2:

Would the mods object to "The Iain Thread" where we post any nonsense that comes to our mind in poorly written English?

I know we have more than our fair share of rubbish threads, but it could certainly be as interesting/entertaining as the Caption Contest thread. Plus it might be a useful place to put all sorts of junk and thus we can keep it contained in one thread.

Reading OoO's post, I haven't laughed that hard in ages! :rolleyes:

C-

Bruno must try harder.

I don't know, certainly made me smile.

CP wrote:

Would the mods object to "The Iain Thread" where we post any nonsense that comes to our mind in poorly written English?

Why has that thread been closed? I, for one, found it very amusing. And 86 posts to the good would seem to suggest that fellow members agreed likewise.

Having said that, the mods will all be glad to know that I couldn't give that much of a F**k and will not be protesting as strongly as when the Dicky O thread was temporarily locked one time. Ah, happy days eh, Dr. Hackenslash?

However, I shall miss those classy birds at the BBC swearing like docker whores.

Why has that thread been closed? I, for one, found it very amusing. And 86 posts to the good would seem to suggest that fellow members agreed likewise.

Having said that, the mods will all be glad to know that I couldn't give that much of a F**k and will not be protesting as strongly as when the Dicky O thread was temporarily locked one time. Ah, happy days eh, Dr. Hackenslash?

However, I shall miss those classy birds at the BBC swearing like docker whores.

Tra-a-la-a-la!

The thread appears re-opened, I see.

CP:

i prediyct some immiment stupifdty iN tHAt threaad. :D

EDIT

Ah ha! The curse of iain's predictions strikes again, I see it is closed again. Probably my fault. :D

Michael Sellers, Peter Sellers only son died at the weekend.

He was 52 and he died of exactly the same heart problem as his father,

almost exactly 26 years to the day after he died as well.

No link, but I read it in todays paper.