Guest Chewie

Jane Tomlinson Killer Ride

And if you win, she's forced to use the strength she's been pretending not to have to clean OoO Towers from top to bottom every day and have your tea ready on the table when you come home from a hard day of watching cars going round in circles very fast.

And if you win, she's forced to use the strength she's been pretending not to have to clean OoO Towers from top to bottom every day and have your tea ready on the table when you come home from a hard day of watching cars going round in circles very fast.

God, no.

What I'd do, as she loves publicity so much, is to send her to a deserted island where she cannot contact the media at all. And Wank Wank would go to another island, same scenario. I certainly don't want her around OOO Towers.

Besides, the motor racing is only a sideline. I have a more mundane job as my main role. Motor racing doesn't pay very much unless you're a top driver.

If it's not too personal, OoO, what's the day job. I pictured you flying round the world hanging out with the elite of motor sports.

I have a mate, well old and out of the game for a few years now, who photographed F1 from about 1970 to the late seventies and met everyone. Told me some class stories about most of the household names. He had a great life.

If it's not too personal, OoO, what's the day job. I pictured you flying round the world hanging out with the elite of motor sports.

Hah! I wish! I even have to pay my own way to Silverstone :)

I don't really know that many well enough to hang out with, but I'm nodding terms with a few. HJ Stuck is probably the best known, I guess, Ian Stewart (ex-GP & sportscar driver) the closest, I suppose.

You're elite round these parts, respect to another four figure DL poster!

The Sun today reports she lost a quarter of her bodyweight crossing the USA, maybe if she tackled Russia next she'd inadvertantly kill herself by shrinking to the point that someone stepping on her would be fatal. Obviously, it'd be worth it for charity.

Hardly elite.

Even Banshees and me are in the four figure poster group.

Aye, well, these things are relative. Granted there's ranters who drop in and think we're all scum and there's times we can't resist the odd descent into tasteless humour and self-indulgence. But Octi in particular has contributed much by way of detailed knowledge in motor racing and insights into corners of news reporting the rest of us either can't find or can't be bothered to seek. His avatar too, betrays a certain style and sense of self-worth.

If she is, I win nothing but my belief she is a fake is reaffirmed.

Does it matter if she is a fake though? The amount she's earned will have helped many live, and as long as those people aren't on your list then surely it's a good thing.

I actually think this latest trek has taken far more out of her than she or her family expected. If she is going to die, I reckon it'll be fairly soon. It'll only take a chest infection or something in her currently weakened state.

Respect comes with age and the act of expirience. Statements that are worth something and posts worth reading will eventually earn you popularity. Of course there is the other direction that you can take, I don't know if if I should actually say that I approve of it.

When is Jane 43. I can't find her birthday on her appeal site, the Wikipedia or the BBC coverage I've checked. Only I was wonderin' - like - is her starsign Cancer?

Arise Dame Jane.....

Of course, going by her and Wank Wank's comments, she should turn it down if it comes to that as she hates publicity of any kind.... Oh yes... she really detests it :D

VT, I missed your comment. No, I have no problem with JT raising money for charity, I have no problem with what she does, the problem is IF she's a fake, then she's got all this publicity, solely for having "terminal" cancer.

There are many other fine individuals up & down the globe, doing far more and raising far more, and would love an iota of "publicity shy" Tomlinson's news coverage, but they won't get it as they're not terminally ill. That's the sticking point - the publicity and using that angle to raise her profile - IF she's faking.

So far in my Tomlinson challenge, two weeks in - still alive. :D

Aye and given the bionics on show on today's news I guess she might live long enough for them to put her brain in a tank before transplanting it into a bionic body which then sets off to cycle across America. Mebbe that tornado in Leeds was nowt but hot air escaping from her hubby's latest blog entry. Or summat.

Dame is an anagram of Made.....

I'll get me coat.

There's an interview with Jane's daughters in this month's Cosmopolitan magazine if anyone is interested.

I think that should read; 'There's an interview with Jane's daughters in this month's Cosmopolitan magazine.'

I think that should read; 'There's an interview with Jane's daughters in this month's Cosmopolitan magazine.'

If anyone can be bothered to read it :(

They'll probably drone on about how brave their mother is.. etc etc

So... Jane is surely on her death bed after such a gruelling ride. "All I want to do is go home & die" she wimpered.

Her husband, Wank Wank famously said "Jane doesn't do all this for publicity".

So we should expect Wank Wank & Jane to retire out of the public eye & spend what remaining time they have together.

Not a jot of it. Jane appears on TV to promote new book and looks well... Link to BBC clip on main UK news page..

:wheelchair:

I am confident I will win my Jane Tomlinson Challenge and Jimmy Durante is here to stay.

Her book:

avoids painting Mike and Jane as a golden duo, instead making clear they go through the same niggles and disagreements any couple does.

Mike: Look, I've told you, the Dolce and Gab for GMTV, summat more Top Shop for the BBC okay, and I'm not talking film rights to anyone that takes us out to less than a £200-00 a head nosh, okay?

Jane: It's all money, money, money with you isn't it? Look, I need to dress down to get a major civil honour, I'll look more like a normal person then.

etc etc.

Any ranters in the neighbourhood?

Just askin', like.

Richard Hammond raised more than that by just crashing a car, eat your heart out Tomlinson.

I also have a feeling that Paul Hunter has (or will) raise loads more than Tomlinson by dying.

No wonder Tomlinson feels the need to get back into the public eye. After a mere 30 or so days of no publicity, she's worried about being forgotten about what with Hammond, Hunter & Healy being talking points in Leeds.

I have noticed that outside Leeds, and West Yorkshire, there are very few papers that cover Jane's japes at all.

Sorted then, the next stunt in round the Leeds ring road on a skateboard.

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is the biggest confidence trick of all time..... :wheelchair:

I'm beginning to wonder whether this is the biggest confidence trick of all time..... :D

I've got every confidence that it's a trick :)

Wasn't there a woman somewhere who pretended her daughter has cancer to get money? She even shaved the girl's head to make it look like she'd had chemo.

Edit: Here's a link

Wasn't there a woman somewhere who pretended her daughter has cancer to get money? She even shaved the girl's head to make it look like she'd had chemo.

Edit: Here's a link

Why did the husband get time in jail too? She admitted to concocting the whole thing to fool him into staying with her, so why did he go to jail too?

What a sicko that woman is though! She should be given Chemo just for the hell of it!

Whilst this thread is alive again does anyone know when Jane's birthday is. Call it my perverse sense of humour but I'd be kind of interested to know if her starsign really is Cancer!