Guest Chewie

Jane Tomlinson Killer Ride

I have noticed that outside Leeds, and West Yorkshire, there are very few papers that cover Jane's japes at all.

I didn't even know she was gallavanting across the US until I read it here.

I'm sure everybody here will be thrilled at the news that Jane Tomlinson has been voted "Woman Of The Year". :pop:

An interesting article in The Independent also mentions that:

"At one point, several downmarket newspapers dispatched reporters to follow up a tip that her illness wasn't terminal (they drew a blank). "

According to this account, her cancer has spread to the liver. :skull:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...icle1879411.ece

I'm sure everybody here will be thrilled at the news that Jane Tomlinson has been voted "Woman Of The Year". :pop:

An interesting article in The Independent also mentions that:

"At one point, several downmarket newspapers dispatched reporters to follow up a tip that her illness wasn't terminal (they drew a blank). "

According to this account, her cancer has spread to the liver. :skull:

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/this_brit...icle1879411.ece

Yes that little nugget I would have thought would make her a "must" for 2007. If she makes the list would she be the first to be famous for having cancer? When she goes, the usual "battled cancer" cliche will need to be replaceed with something a little more apposite such as "turned cancer in to a personal brand". It's made her what she is.

She'll only be a true brand when PS3 launch with a JT Killer Ride game, I think we should all be employed as highly paid consultants on that gig.

Yes that little nugget I would have thought would make her a "must" for 2007. If she makes the list would she be the first to be famous for having cancer? When she goes, the usual "battled cancer" cliche will need to be replaceed with something a little more apposite such as "turned cancer in to a personal brand". It's made her what she is.

In my opinion if she dies in 2007 (and that's a big if) it'll be because she's run over by a bus or summat. Her cancer is about as terminal as a Tolstoy novel. It may even be just as fictional.

regards,

Hein

An interesting article in The Independent mentions that her cancer has spread to the liver. :skull:

It also mentions she's returned to work.

Not the normal procedure for people with terminal cancer... :pop:

If I had been diagnosed with terminal cancer six years ago and then took five weeks off to bike across another country I'm not sure I would have a job to come back to.

My guess is that there will be a miraculous recovery at some point soon.

What does she do for a living, work in quality control for Raleigh bikes?

She's a radiographer. Maybe she's been popping in to the hospital out of hours to give herself some extra treatment. That could be why she's survived so long.

She's a radiographer. Maybe she's been popping in to the hospital out of hours to give herself some extra treatment. That could be why she's survived so long.

A radiographer is an x-ray tech, that does not equate to radiation treatment. Quite different as one is tube generated and the other uses an isotope. Been there, done that; radiation treatment sucks.

YWhen she goes, the usual "battled cancer" cliche will need to be replaceed with something a little more apposite such as "turned cancer in to a personal brand".

Mongo impressed, very few people use that word and even fewer correctly.

Well, if she spent all that time around those dangerous x-ray machines no wonder she came down with cancer. She was practically a tumour waiting to happen!

It therefore seems to me quite hypocritical of her to now be traipsing around the western world, vying for sympathy attention donations towards finding a cure for something she pretty much brought on herself.

Radiographer indeed. Unless she was always careful to wear one of those fancy lead aprons. In which case, my bad. :D

Ah genuine knowledge into the great woman. Do you know when her birthday is, 1 in 12 chance her starsign is Cancer!

Ah genuine knowledge into the great woman. Do you know when her birthday is, 1 in 12 chance her starsign is Cancer!

No idea when her birthday is I'm afraid.

I think I was getting a bit confused (going senile?) about what radiographers do :lol: but she still might have access to other hospital departments, drugs cabinets, etc

Looking at this she was 39 on 25/01/04 but by 04/03/04 she was 40 and by 28/01/05 she was 41, so that puts her birthday between 25th & 28th January, making her Aquarius.

I also surmised that she's a paediatric radiographer.

MPFC, you twat, it's (her job) in the newspaper report mentioned above if you took the time to read it.... :lol:

Having just re-read much of this thread I think we'll see ranters on a thus far unprecedented scale as and when Jane does remember the meaning of the word 'terminal' when placed before 'cancer' and acts accordingly.

Considering there was hardly a bad word said about Paul Hunter on his thread compared to the abuse then donated from drive by-ers, and the Ross Davidson thread was subject to scores of lurker guests even when the ability for guests to post was locked, I'd be surprised if DL doesn't make the national press when Jane finally reaches her final destination....

Maybe the Sun will try and get names, email addresses etc. and do a 'name & shame' in the paper, demand in 'Sun Says' that the website is closed down and perhaps even burned on a pyre with any remaining copies of Brasseye that got missed (they're not having mine). I recall they printed names, addresses (I think) and other details of the cast of this 'abberation' before backtracking a few days later and likening it to a Jonathan Swift-esque satirical, if uncomfortable masterpiece..

Nothing quite so magical in the press as a front page scandal followed by a bottom of page 32 apology a few days later. :lol:

Just to make it clear, I have no desire to see Jane die of cancer and I'm sure she's done some great work for charity and highlighting the cause, but I know for a fact it's not just the 'sickos' on this site who've considered the possibility of whether it's quite as terminal as first thought. It's just the old case of being ok to say stuff to your mate down the pub or at home, but be prepared to be vilified for stating it on public record.

How does one go about girding one's loins exactly? Last time I tried it I accidentally gilded my Lions and they weren't too happy about it, I can tell you.

She's a radiographer? That's interesting.

That means she has a direct connection to the health industry.

Might add grist to the 'she's not really ill' mill..... :lol:

The only problem with the "not really ill" theory is the line about the cancer entering her liver. You can have cancer in many places and string it out for years and years, but not in your liver. Once in there it tends finish most people off pretty quickly. It's not really in her interests to divulge that unless its true.

The only problem with the "not really ill" theory is the line about the cancer entering her liver. You can have cancer in many places and string it out for years and years, but not in your liver. Once in there it tends finish most people off pretty quickly. It's not really in her interests to divulge that unless its true.

We've only got her word to go on. It could all be part of the elaborate hoax.

Having just re-read much of this thread I think we'll see ranters on a thus far unprecedented scale as and when Jane does remember the meaning of the word 'terminal' when placed before 'cancer' and acts accordingly.

Considering there was hardly a bad word said about Paul Hunter on his thread compared to the abuse then donated from drive by-ers, and the Ross Davidson thread was subject to scores of lurker guests even when the ability for guests to post was locked, I'd be surprised if DL doesn't make the national press when Jane finally reaches her final destination....

Just to make it clear, I have no desire to see Jane die of cancer and I'm sure she's done some great work for charity and highlighting the cause , but I know for a fact it's not just the 'sickos' on this site who've considered the possibility of whether it's quite as terminal as first thought. It's just the old case of being ok to say stuff to your mate down the pub or at home, but be prepared to be vilified for stating it on public record.

TLC, wise words, and a lot more than you usually write. (generally, not wise words, I mean :lol: )

With your paragraph:

Just to make it clear, I have no desire to see Jane die of cancer and I'm sure she's done some great work for charity and highlighting the cause

I agree.

The sticking point in my throat, as I said to Vinegar Tits over this a while back, is two things:-

1) Saying she doesn't do any of her charity stunts for publicity. As already stated she was a nobody before, now she's a "Woman of the Year", MBE, "national hero" etc etc. I would much prefer she admitted she's a publicity whore - I'd have more respect.

2) If she is NOT terminally ill, then she has taken the attention away from numerous individuals who are, or who have been, and have done magnificent things.

I hope she keeps on living & living, for numerous reasons.

D'ya know what? I think she might die next year. It's the liver cancer bit. Publicity whore or not she's savvy enough to know the value of only feeding good information to the media. Liver cancer is a toughie to battle for anyone.

I predict a heated discussion on DL eligibility and a rush of deadpool picks for our Jane, 2007 looks like a big year.

She's my joker on this year's DDP. If she hangs on till 2007 she'll be a dead cert.

when jane does check out, it will mean another state funeral in my home town of leeds.

it will be interesting to see if she gets a bigger turnout than paul hunter.

less celebrities but more members of the public grieving for the sake of it.

the only thing that will top that will be when sir jimmy savile pops off.

happy days